It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn’t Anyone Think It’s Just Really Cool That We Will Witness A Once In Every 5126 Years Event

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
The only thing cool to me is that nothing will happen and I watch my kids grow up in a world that has decided to move forward.

It would be nice if things move forward in a good way.. as In humanity wakes up, and get's their s**t together, and work towards creating greater good for everyone, and our planet.... But everyone is still to busy arguing with each other over petty bulls**t.
We seriously need a good wake up call. Perhaps the 21st will be it? I really don't know. Would be nice though.

Originally posted by FlyingFox
The one thing that would save the world would be free energy. After that, things could fall into place.

Yes... that is exactly where we need to start to move forward...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
My hope for all of this 2012 crap,
is it wakes people up...

not to the 'what if's or the conspiracy's,
but to life...

"every man lives but not every man is alive."

Hopefully the ones that are buying into this crap
will realize after the date passes that they can
do more, enjoy more, learn more, grow more..

Our life here is short, and not guaranteed , tomorrow
may or may not come, for everyone on here, if you are
reading this, that means you included. No one is promised
tomorrow.. I know this all to well, since i am on a short time
limit and the clock is ticking.
I wish everyone would be allowed the chance to see the world
and life as i do now.

Stop with the petty crap, quit putting your self first and think
of others before you react. as a society of life we could do
such wonderus things in the world.. the vast knowledge
that is out there, just laying dormit not being used...

i hope this date gets people awake and motivated.

sorry about the type-o's my spelling has gone down hill over
the past few months.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NIxem
Why? why? why? do all of you believe in this?
in a way the simplest answer is the best
in and around 43.AD Ceasar , the guy you might have heard of, roman empire ring a bell?
he invented the (drum roll) ..........................LEAP YEAR
dec 21 2012 has already happened as far as the Myans ( who could not predict their own demise) are concerned
now don't get me wrong, I once feared this date.
But please use simple logic, when thinking about this date.

So you wouldn't assume that the Mayans**, who are bold enough to predict such a phenomenon, who disappeared off the face of the Earth completely, and (as some believe) possibly made contact with those not from this planet, you wouldn't assume they would've anticipated the leap year?

I'm not saying I believe it's the end of the world, I don't trust me.

It's just you say "use simple logic"...that would be my simple logic. If they really knew about the end of the world, they'd probably be slightly informed of the leap year idea...(devils advocate)

PS: The OP makes a great point, we've experienced so much, 12/21/12 should be a day of reflection on accomplishment, and an opportunity to move forward to even better.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Plan2exist18 because: Added PS

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11

• Experiencing the historic first presidency of a black person in America,

You mean the first MIXED president right?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

December 21st 2012 is the end of the 13th B'ak'tun going on to the start of the 14th. This is the actual date.
The idea it's the wrong date due to differences with our calender or even the leap year argument is irrelevant to the long count calendar system, because it's not based on solar years, it's simply based upon math.

I can't remember where i got this from. So forgive me but here..

"What does 0.0.0.0.0 (the Long Count "beginning" point) equal in the Gregorian calendar? When this question is answered, archeological inscriptions can be put into their proper historical context and the end date of the 13-baktun cycle can be calculated. After years of considering data from varied fields such as astronomy, ethnography, archeology and iconography, J. Eric S. Thompson determined that 0.0.0.0.0 correponded to the Julian date 584283, which equals August 11th, 3114 B.C. in our Gregorian calendar. This means that the end date of 13.0.0.0.0, some 5125 years later, is December 21st, 2012 A.D" - (Remember these aren't my words, just info i have)

Now, don't get me wrong. This date is probably no more likely to be the end of the world as tomorrow is. But when people get the Calenders mixed up and say "oh but they didn't use our calender system" "they didn't account for leap years" Or "The Mayan date is not the 21st December. It is just another date in the Gregorian calendar" This is ridiculous. This of course may not be 100% accurate (things rarely are) but it's the best and most probable and logical answer they have gained from years of research. So to just turn that upside down and say 'it's not even the 21st' is not really fair...

The date is correct. It's just the meaning of the date that seems to be splitting this place in 2,3,4 or even more sections who think things from NOTHING to EVERYTHING will happen on that date. You name it, people have probably suggested it.

I'll see ATS and the 22nd (i hope, nothings ever certain in life) and i hope i don't see you, or anyone else for that matter giving the big "i told you so" because it will be pointless and an unnecessary attempt to cause an argument.
edit on 13-12-2012 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
reply to post by samstone11

Secondly, we know in astrology December 21st signifies the end of an age and the beginning of a new one. We are also lining up directly with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in a long, long time.

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by kdog1982
The only thing cool to me is that nothing will happen and I watch my kids grow up in a world that has decided to move forward.

Eh, I think I may have botched cropping the quote, but this is in response to the "center of the milky way" thing (though I mostly agree with the rest of your post) - we last lined up with the galactic equator on june 21, and before that, on 12/21/11. It happens every 6 months. We will next line up with the galactic plane in about 2000 light years of travel through the galaxy. What we are absolutely not doing, is coming into alignment with the galactic center. This is a fact.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Damn it all!!!!!! I'm only 14, I have so much left to do. Not mention I still want to see my family and friends. If of course everything hits the fan.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

As history has shown us 1 day usually is'nt long enough for anything of significance to happen at least during the history of humanity! If anything does happen, you can bet it will be intentional! Something like the release of a quick acting virus or some other nefarious means to rid the elite of large portions of the human animal! If however it should be at the level of an ELE, we better hope we don't find out about it until it's happening! I can only imagine the level of fear that most would feel! I believe you would quickly rescind the idea that your life has been long enough! It's usually when we are faced with our own mortality that we find our lives most worth living!
Desperate panic far more scarey then most can imagine! I like to believe that nothing will happen on this day and more then likely nothing will but from what I see around the world and the way the elitist are preparing for some life altering existance! Something in our future is coming to end the way we live! I believe this is something I cannot deny and only those whom are too ignorant and afraid to ever see! Though we must live life to the fullest
for only the berry is sweetest, the colors of the rainbow viberant, the sound of laughter heart felt before the fall!
Take every breathe as if it's our last because we never will know when the air will reek the smell of death!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
My biggest fear is that on the 21st, some freak magnetic storm happens wiping out all our communications and the like, and though I'll be alive, there will be no Coronation Street to watch!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

I think this data/occasion is an opportunity to mankind change. We are in a verge of a preannounced and popular “doomsday” (extinction event) that is contributing (at least a little for some) for the re-thinking of everyday attitude to each other, since death could be upon us at that day… (Personally I don’t believe in that)

This act / acted as a consciousness shift that could create an avalanche in the hearts and peoples mind for change…

I hope, for some, that aren’t “tuned” yet into to the fragile context we live in, that they can start respecting, caring and living by and in truth to all and everything.

Fate is uncertain, we have to live in the fullest way as possible (in respect to context we are living in), and knowing that if we leave this terrain it will be in peace with our heart and consciousness.

If we don’t change ... well, then something really bad will happen to us, I think.

edit on 14-12-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Arent we supposed to witness a pretty big alignment of certain planets? Thought I would through that out there as a first

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I find it amusing that people think a world changing event would happen either:

a) On schedule like the arrival of a bus.
b) Happen with lots of warning so we can attempt some kind of hollywood miracle save.

Life isn't like that. We are small. At any time there are a great number of low probability high consequence things that could wipe us from existence. As a whole we simply ignore these things. We lack the vision to see the big picture even with evidence of previous occurrence literally under our feet.

We lack the wisdom to assign effort accordingly. This will be our undoing. Anything with "extinction' as the severity should have major risk reduction effort assigned to it.

The chance of something cataclysmic happening on the 21st is no different to any other day. If you weren't scared of getting up today theres no reason to be scared of the 21st. If we are going to be complacent and myopic we may as well be consistent about it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join