It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Primitive Cultures and Civilizations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Angkor Wat needs to be added, nearly 1 million people living around the temples!

who could argue there was no contact between these cultures when they clearly build the same step structures with sanctuaries on the top (excepting Giza and Knossos)

Of course the mainstream posits that all this effort was put in to get closer to heaven, they really do dumb down ancient cultures in laughable ways.

Will

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
If time travel was possible I'd go back to see puma punku and the Giza pyramids being built and to kick the guy who thought up the idea of burning of the Library of Alexandria right in the privates

Twice.

I didn't think burning the library was on purpose? Wasn't it an accidental fire as a result of the fighting in the harbour? And, seeing as they were all busy fighting at the time, there was no one available to put it out? Of course, i fully accept the possibility that my brain has entirely made that up!

Anyhow, time machine = start of the Neolithic for me. I would love modern man to be wondering why my face is on the Sphinx and found carved in relief form at various sites around the world! Can you imagine? "Behold lowly mortals, your time traveling god has arrived." Mind you, knowing my luck, i would end up like Rimmer (Red Dwarf) and be overthrown..........

I would love to see the original Old Babylon (rather than the better known New Babylon), as well as Rome at the height of their powers (after Vespasian, Domitius and Titus had done some remodelling). And Carthage, just because.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If I were to time travel, I would have to go back to Babylon, of course.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
awesome thread !!

like a look into the past

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Love the visualizations. When you see what these structures looked like in their former glory it really puts things into perspective.

I also cringe when I think about the knowledge that was lost in the library of Alexandria. Such a shame.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Awesome thread, once again, Slayer!
The similarities between all of those culturally and regionally disparate ancient civilizations - the walls, pyramids, layout of streets... It's almost as if they were all calling upon the same blueprint. Hrm... Wonder what such disparate cultures would have in common to draw upon?
Maybe this ain't our first global rodeo and they were all working from the same memories?
S&F!~Heff
edit on 12/12/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

Well that thought did cross my mind as well. Similar to many common technology that we share today, I'm assuming that the engineering and architectural technology was possibly shared. This can only happen if there was trading taking place between continents IMO. Similar to how many firms today are contracted to build sky scrappers and marvels of the modern world in ME and SE Asia, it is definitely a possibility.
Another thing peculiar about them all is that they all pointed upwards to the sky with the basic shape and form of a pyramid (if not as close to the pyramids of egypt). Even the 'Gopurams' of South India share the same design for their temples.
LINK1
LINK2
edit on 12-12-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

See any similarities with Slayer's images?
S&F btw Slayer

edit on 12-12-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by hp1229 because: add links

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

really? hmmm... i must have mistaken him with someone else then.....maybe because i wasnt around much ATS these past months.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
For me, the idea that mankind of eras gone by were "primitive" is one of the biggest archealogical cover ups in history.

I firmly believe there is a massive cover up of the true human timeline going on in the archaelogy community and it's coming in right under everyone's radar.

No one has been able to adequately explain how we went from living in caves to advanced farming and domesticated animal techniques and building massive stone monuments on a huge scale all over the world, within a few hundred years of each other, at a time when these cultures supposedly had no communication at all.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Beautiful pictures. Ironic that they are capable of engineering feats such as this so long ago.

I have a question, are there any starter structures in those areas? Does the building quality get better as time goes by or does it get worse or is it leveled out and uniform throughout the centuries.

Experience is the best teacher and you only become proficient at your craft by doing it, repeatedly.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Deleted double post.
edit on 12-12-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Pure awesome eye-candy Slayer69!

I love looking at artist's recreations of ancient cultures and you picked out some killers. I am going to be spending plenty of time just ogling your thread. The Uxmal images are melting my brain.

I have been also trying to make my way through the Childress movie, but three nights in a row Dave and his buddy have put me to sleep, usually just as they are pointing out some impossible stone masonry. It's tough to watch at times because of that debunking Ancient Aliens thing that came out a few months ago that seemed to set us all straight. I'll get there though, I want to be prepared for your swing at ancient aliens.

I would really love to see a recreation of Borodubur but I can't seem to find one. Have you ever seen one before?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Much respect to you Slayer. I've read all of your 'Ancients' threads and probably starred and flagged all of them. However, I think this one is my favourite. The visuals are awesome and really show how much effort our ancestors put in to their buildings, I am going to look up more of these.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by will2learn

Please feel free to post your favorite sites

I think it's important to show they werent all just a bunch of primtive people that lived in crumbly old ruins

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
To actually see some of those sites in all their glory would be the reason for me to time travel if it were possible. To see the Egyptian pyramids complete
I would be hard pressed to make a choice if I could go back and see only one, threads like this remind me just how many wonders the ancient world must have held. And to think we still don't know what else is left to still be found!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Forget time travel between the ritualistic blood sacrifices or the diease a person would spread to them like what the Europeans done.

Yes they were magnificent builders, but they did have their share of problems.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't often post, but this time I have to. First of all, Slayer, I appreciate all that you contribute. Hands down, you are the best part of ATS, at least for me. The ancients never cease to amaze me either. Thanks Slayer.

Now on to why I actually posted this:

In the first video your OP, what is the music?!?!?! It's driving me crazy because it sounds so damned familiar! I just can't place it. ARGH!

May we someday meet in the past...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

Thanks for the feedback.

It was a variation of the movie The Mission soundtrack

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

AH HA!!! Yes that's it! Ha, ha. Now I can sleep. Good choice BTW.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by will2learn

Please feel free to post your favorite sites

I think it's important to show they werent all just a bunch of primtive people that lived in crumbly old ruins

You have successfully sown that and some, shame those without an interest can't peak at the same,

Will

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Earlier today I was talking to a friend of mine and who jokingly asked why I was so interested in a bunch of junky crumbling old ruins.

Blasphemy!!!

I've found that some people just can't see past what's in front of them. I take photo's of old houses and ruins I run across in the backwoods of where I live. Some are in pretty bad shape because they're so dilapidated. But I see what those old places used to look like in their heyday. I think about their history, and what they have seen. I guess it takes a certain type of person... which ATS seems to have an abundance of.

ATS has two types actually. One which thinks that these former civilisations were the epitome of "grandeur", "knowledge" and "advancement", and the other that can see the heathenism, superstitions, human sacrifice and a period when powerful and ruling men were worshipped as gods. The first group pines away for these "lost ancient civilisations" and the second group understands the realities that the occult seek to return to those days. The first group doesn't understand that all of this disappeared from influence and power for a reason and that if they could time travel back to those days, they'd be met with the most primitive of superstitions and probably end up tied to the stone alter having their beating heart cut from their chest. The other group wishes for none of it yet realises that men are being conned into overlooking all of THAT whilst fantasising and exalting pagan superstitions again today. The first group can't see the women lining up today to offer their unborn babies to be torn to shreds in hopes that the "gods" of blessings bring them better job prospects and more convenience and money. They can't see that the movements towards euthanasia are but conditioning the elderly and disabled to be nothing more than willing victims so that their sacrifice relieves the burdens on society. They can't see that the youth in drug fueled raves and orgies, raised on bloodshedding and blood-letting imagery through gaming, tv and film, are being conditioned to accept these former ways.

You were right. Let's just ignore all of that and consider "Slayer's" friend to be the stupid one. Let's just forget that there are people in all forms of media continuously glamorising these ancient civilisations because they are working towards a purpose. Let's just forget that Jesus said we'd experience the worst that humanity has ever seen in it's history. I, for one, know who to believe and trust. So as you see those pyramids, serpents and Horus eye swamp the world's imagery, and these ancient cultures with the same symbology, perhaps maybe you'll pause to actually contemplate what this means for mankind. It isn't progress or enlightenment but a return to the true dark ages as man rejects it's Creator in favor of the promises of the sepent in the garden.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join