It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical: If we were the terrorists what would we do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It is hard for most people to put themselves in another person's/country's shoes and see things from their perspective, particularly when they are your enemy. I do not condone in the slightest the actions of terrorists, or any persons or organization that uses lethal force as its tool. But imagine for a moment if the tables were turned.

Here's a work of fiction to that effect, interpret it as you will:

THE EURO TIMES - MAY 5, 2006

E.U., RUSSIA: "THE BUTCHER OF WASHINGTON MUST GO"

History was made yesterday afternoon when the European Union and Russia signed the final agreement for the Coalition of the Righteous to invade the United States and topple the Bush regime.

Despite resounding objections from the United Nations, and the declaration of invasion of the United States to be "illegal under every single international law and treaty", Russian leaders voted with an 87% majority for full military participation in the coming offensive against the United States, with 5% abstaining.

European Union President Jacques Chirac, speaking from an exclusive golf course on the French Rivierra, was quoted as saying that the War on Warmongers "will not be a one-day war. Other countries that have ties or alliegance to the United States, or those that harbor warmongers will also be targeted. You're either with us...or you're against us." Chirac cited EU intelligence reports that state the US has 10,455 Weapons of Mass Destruction that could be brought to launching status against Europe in as little as 15 minutes.

Australian Prime Minister John Howard immediately declared his objection to the vote and his support for Bush, which provoked reaction from Russian President Vladimir Putin:

"We will root out warmongers, wherever they hide, wherever they run. If that means we have to invade Australia too...then so be it."

When asked about the possibility that the American people did not wish for the EU and Russia to forcably oust their government, Putin was unmoved.

"Bush's regime has terrorized the world, and his own people for long enough. Bush? We're gonna smoke him out!"

THE EURO TIMES - OCTOBER 15, 2006

CHIRAC: "CIVILIAN CASUALTIES UNAVOIDABLE"

Today marks one month since United States air defence was finally subdued.

On the fourteenth day of the EU/Russian carpet-bombing of the United States, reports of US civilian casualties have emerged. The massive offensive has been accused by international human rights groups of being "indiscriminate" and "failing to accurately target military facilities."

One particular report from an as yet unconfirmed source within the United States claims that a Washington D.C. elementary school was struck by air-fuel bombs, killing at least 300 children and teachers, and injuring many more. The report also claims that numerous residential areas and hospitals have also been destroyed.

"Our targeting technology is advanced enough that civilian casualties are kept to an acceptable minimum," Chirac commented at a press conference today, "however that being said, civilian casualties are an unavoidable part of war. If you go fox-hunting, sometimes you accidentally shoot a rabbit."

President Putin dismissed the claims as warmonger propoganda. After seeing photo-evidence of the charred remains of children at the site of the bombing in a briefing this morning, Putin said, "Well, they're pretty damn good with Photoshop, aren't they?"

THE EURO TIMES - December 3, 2006

WARMONGERS ATTACK FRENCH EMBASSY

Three American gunmen were killed by EU troops today after an apparent suicide attack yesterday evening on the French Embassy in Washington, the center of the interim government in the U.S. The gunmen were shot dead after their Ford pickup truck failed to stop at a checkpoint and the occupants of the vehicle began firing on troops stationed outside the embassy and on the embassy building itself. Two EU troops were seriously wounded after the vehicle exploded.

Military investigators on the scene later found identification of one of the gunmen which someone survived the explosion intact. The identification links the gunmen to the Republican warmonger organization which is comprised largely of ex-members of Bush's "Secret Service" and the now disbanded "Federal Bureau of Investigation", the director of which still remains at large and on the 10 most-wanted warmongers list.

In Paris, President Chirac faced further questions about the anti-Euro dissension within the United States.

"The majority of the American people WANT us there." He stated. "Let's not forget that Bush killed his own people. Let's not forget that he sent his own people to die in wars they didn't want."

In contrast, anti-occupation protests in Russia turned ugly today as riot police opened fire with tear gas and pepper bullets on a large crowd of citizens that gathered in Moscow to object to the occupation of the United States. No injuries were reported and the protest was disbanded before President Putin's motorcade rolled into the presidential complex.

THE EURO TIMES - December 12th, 2006

WARMONGERS EXECUTE RUSSIAN ENGINEER

Russia and the European Union were outraged today when a video of the execution of a Russian engineer was posted on a website linked to the Democrat warmonger organization.

The video shows the Russian engineer on his knees in what appears to be a wood cabin. Five Americans in masks and military camouflage fatigues stand behind him holding American-made assault rifles. The engineer holds up his Russian passport and identifies himself, before pleading for President Putin to pull Russian troops out of the United States and to release US prisoners held in military prisons. One of the warmongers then reads a statement. After the 15 minute statement is read, one of the masked gunmen steps forward and shoots the engineer in the back of the head.

The content of the statement includes claims that the occupation of the United States is illegal under international law and "evil in the eyes of God and man." It includes claims that the warmongers are justified in their attempt to remove the "evil occupation force" from United States soil, and that faced with the inability to organize direct military opposition, the so-called "resistance" groups would resort to whatever means necessary, including execution of foreign nationals working for the Coalition of the Righteous. The reader of the statement goes on to say that Chirac, Putin and all the peoples of the European Union and Russia will be punished by God on Judgement Day.

Russian Intelligence has analyzed the video and suspects that the cabin may be located in the forests near the Canadian border where fundamentalist Christian warmonger groups still frustrate EU army efforts to flush them out.

Menawhile, the general public in Russia were shocked and angered by the video. Many Russians cited the execution of the 35 year old engineer as barbaric and as further justification for the occupation of America.

One Russian right-wing website stated, "Look at the kind of people we are dealing with here. And people still complain that we treat them badly? Look at what they do to us! They're animals and they deserve to be treated like animals."

President Putin vowed today to root out the evil perpetrators of this act and bring them to justice. He also called for solidarity amongst the members of the Coalition of the Righteous ahead of the weapons inspections in Australia next week.

edit: title

[edit on 2004/10/23 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
wecomeinpeace,

You've got one hell of an imagination! The scenerio that you wrote couldn't happen in a million years.

First of all, we'd bomb the crap out of the E.U. and Russia to even suggest an invasion on us, friends or not.

To suggest an invasion of the United States by any nation or a coalition of nations would bring destruction upon their heads.

I hope you wouldn't think that the American people would even sit idly by and watch anyone come to this nation to overthrow our government.

One thing is for sure. You wrote some pretty good fiction.

P.S. I hope you don't think the U.N. would try to stop the E.U. and Russia if they were to suggest something of this nature. I'm surprised the U.N. haven't suggested this sort of thing already!

[edit on 23/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What if?

We were once. Remember the American revolution. Amricans said they were fighting for freedom, British said they were rebelling (kind of like terrorism).

Surf

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i really liked that wecomeinpeace, although it may not be plausible right now, it sure puts things into an interesting perspective, in that of our "enemies". it shows that both sides cannot be justifiable in its doings, as they are both pretty much guilty of their crimes. A+ for creativity btw.
dfh out.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
wecomeinpeace,

You've got one hell of an imagination! The scenerio that you wrote couldn't happen in a million years.

First of all, we'd bomb the crap out of the E.U. and Russia to even suggest an invasion on us, friends or not.

To suggest an invasion of the United States by any nation or a coalition of nations would bring destruction upon their heads.

I hope you wouldn't think that the American people would even sit idly by and watch anyone come to this nation to overthrow our government.

One thing is for sure. You wrote some pretty good fiction.

P.S. I hope you don't think the U.N. would try to stop the E.U. and Russia if they were to suggest something of this nature. I'm surprised the U.N. haven't suggested this sort of thing already!

[edit on 23/10/04 by Intelearthling]

firstly dont get over confident over your abilities you could try and kill us but we have very good systmes here an equal match for your sytems.
i agree its totaly unthinkable, we wouldnt bomb you because we are allies.
also thinking up these scenarios shows where faults are.
i wouldnt say distruction more likely a warning.
the UN wouldnt do anything.
they didnt stop iraq, they wouldnt stop this.
i wouldnt be suprised if china tried to get a peice of the action.
also this very religios side of these gun men doesnt seem to be what americans would do.
most probably they would use american dates like, independance day.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Intelearthling,

I wish I could say s**t up to you in English, but I don't know how.

You are so clouded by Bush-mania, it's not even funny. There are two sides to every story, even if you don't like that. If you're not going to learn to accept reality, then you might as well go fight in Iraq and run right into the insurgents' HQ naked.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There wouldnt be any invasion there wouldnt be any fighting on American soil there would only be a nuclear war. Thats were any event like this would lead and everyone would be dead.

We dont have all those nuclear ICBMs and subs out in the ocean for show. The Goverment would never let this invasion happen because they would just launch their nukes and get into thier nice bunkers.

The US would wipe out Russia and the EU and Russia would wipe out America.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Intelearthling,

I wish I could say s**t up to you in English, but I don't know how.

You are so clouded by Bush-mania, it's not even funny. There are two sides to every story, even if you don't like that. If you're not going to learn to accept reality, then you might as well go fight in Iraq and run right into the insurgents' HQ naked.

I'll help you out 'monica'. I believe it's SHUT UP! If that's not English, then I don't have any idea where your state of mind is on this Saturday night!
Oh. Yes I do. All I have to do is look at what mood you're in!

BTW, can you give me any examples of how I'm clouded with Bush-mania? I believe that your mind is clouded by something, I just can't put my finger on it yet. Oh, yeah, the mood thing. I about forgot!
And what is the other side of a story that is pure fiction? Oh. Excuse me again. I just remembered what mood you're in!

OK 'monica', I'll accept reality! I accept the fact that you hate America and wish destruction on the American people. You happy now? Of course you are! All one has to do is look at what mood you're in!

Originally posted by devilwasp
firstly dont get over confident over your abilities you could try and kill us but we have very good systmes here an equal match for your sytems.

First of all devilwasp, I'm not over-confident in my abilities. That has never been a good trait for anyone. I know my abilities well and I know my limits.

Second, Scotch-Irish blood flows in my veins. Your location is in Scotland, is it not? The U.K. is not a part of the EU. I was in no way, shape or form, making any references to the United Kingdom.

Third, I'm glad that you know that your defense systems are comparable to ours. If the time should ever come that a war between the EU and the US becomes a reality, I want you to know that the UK and the US will be one of the same!

BTW, America wouldn't want to destroy the land where golf originated from. That would be an unthinkable crime! Give us a break, would you!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devilwasp
also this very religios side of these gun men doesnt seem to be what americans would do.
most probably they would use american dates like, independance day.

I disagree that in the execution situation the gunmen would use independence day or other American dates to justify or emphasize their actions. The group described was meant to be fundamentalist Christian and I feel that such a group would definitely use God as justification for their acts, particularly in an "end-times" scenario such as the one presented in the story. And they would definitely see the aggressors (in this case the EU and Russia) as evil and feel that God was on their side. Even Bush claims that God is on our side, etc, etc.

Nice to see that some people actually got the point of the post and realized that it was not at all intended to be a military speculation as to who would win, the EU & Russia (Eurussia?) or the USA. Rather it was an attempt to illustrate that the determination of right or wrong is, more often than not, merely a matter of perspective. The blindly patriotic souls who are screaming for justice and stand by the War on Terror, secure in the knowledge that they are right, are most likely the people who would be the first to kill anyone who tried to do the same to their own country.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am trying to think with the sick mind of these animals, but it just doesn't work out....

But.. give it a try: If I was one of these terrorists, I'd be in the suicide squad, naturally with a great creativity obeying high command without refuse. I guess, I'd be one of those aiming high, blowing up skyscrapers or downing jetliners... Who knows? A thorough mindwash is a powerful weapon, we see that....

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I always find it interesting that one would decide that fundamentalist Christians would take the same action as Muslim extremists.

I am a person of faith, and believe in all the apocalyptic endings you spoke of. With that said, I would also only use violence to protect myself, friends, and family from those taking direct action against us. Engineers? No way. Civilian workers, not a chance. Enemy combatants, you betcha.

Don't claim to be able to climb inside my head, and will reciprocate.

The Spider

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spidergooch
I always find it interesting that one would decide that fundamentalist Christians would take the same action as Muslim extremists.

Don't claim to be able to climb inside my head, and will reciprocate.

It was not meant to be a broad generalization about fundamentalist Christians and I'm sorry if I offended.

If such a scenario did occcur, I am certain there would be some 'Christians' who would resort to such acts and that they would feel that God was on their side. I have heard some Christians call on God to "bless the bombs" that the US was dropping on Iraq! By the same token there would also be some militia groups and some ordinary people who would be driven to do the same acts. But my story did not intend to say that ALL Christians, ALL militia groups or ALL Americans would do such things. If Christians are right and the biblical armageddon comes, each single man, woman and child will be judged by his/her individual actions. People will not be judged in groups. If that were the case then there would be no Christians studying to be lawyers.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

First of all devilwasp, I'm not over-confident in my abilities. That has never been a good trait for anyone. I know my abilities well and I know my limits.

Second, Scotch-Irish blood flows in my veins. Your location is in Scotland, is it not? The U.K. is not a part of the EU. I was in no way, shape or form, making any references to the United Kingdom.

Third, I'm glad that you know that your defense systems are comparable to ours. If the time should ever come that a war between the EU and the US becomes a reality, I want you to know that the UK and the US will be one of the same!

BTW, America wouldn't want to destroy the land where golf originated from. That would be an unthinkable crime! Give us a break, would you!

firstly i was not meaning the UK as fighting the US. i was meaning the EU. germany,sweadan,france,spain,italy to name a few would be able to withstand a US attack. thier combined power is impressive the rafale for exsample is far stealthier than the F15 and the EF is far more manovourable than the F15 and F18 giveing them the upper hand. now those fighters are the only fighters in stanadard deployment and even if you have 24 raptors the combined forces of russia and the EU would solve that problem.
and i was reffering to the european defense systems.
we have invented a tad bit more than golf , although epcot at disney land seems to not think so grrr.
anyway the EU wouldnt need to bother invadeing or anything just need to stop selling you things and you would go bankrupt ethier that or just dump a massive amount of money into your country.

top topics

join