It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Preparing For 21st........ Just In Case?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
Ahh yes i will order this time travel device from eba>>>>: Time Travel Device

"just in case" earth is being destroyed then i will just travel backntime

They've sold 5 of these. 5.

Good grief.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm prepared. I can't help but feel that it is important to be prepared for anything at all times. And with all of the natural disasters that have been taking place over the past couple of years and the indication that food prices and such will start to sky rocket in 2013, I have my stores so that I won't have to break the bank to feed my family. We've had some pretty strange weather in my area off and on with storms like we've never had before and earthquakes that we've never had before and because of that, I tend to think that maybe this crazy rock we're sitting on is going through some major changes that is just going to bring more strange happenings and more severe happenings. I don't know if it's 12-21 date related, but it sure feels like quite a coincidence and make one wonder

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
I'm not a total believer in the end of the world prophecies, but recently I am thinking that surely its better to be slightly prepared, just in case.

I'm only talking batteries, bottled water the usual stuff, and not in huge quantities, but my thinking is that one of these times these are going to be correct.

Is anyone else preparing for the 'just in case' scenario???

Well.. Normally Me and my friends would go through many cases... But Yes I have been preparing by being too broke to drink alcohol.. My tolerance will be nonexistent just in case it's just a case on the 21st..

Besides that I guess I'm screwed. Hoping for the first scenario..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by Hellas

Until the 22 century when it starts again. so there will be another 12/12/12 but it will be Dec 12 2112.

Which I doubt we will see..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodsDog
It is slightly amusing to me that folks assume the world will end in some grand catastrophe.

The world will not end, but our species may. We won't go out in some dramatic sci-fi channel fashion. It will be more like blowing out a candle. Now you're here, then you're not. One can do as much or as little preparation as they want... in the end it will not matter what you've managed to stock pile. It only matters what you do in this life, not what you have.

Silly humans

Dog

Nothing annoys me more than people who speak as if they have "inside information" that most of us "silly humans" cannot access.

The TRUTH is that none of us knows any more than anyone else does. Not about what happens tomorrow, on the 21st or anything about how the world will end.

Its perfectly fine to have an opinion. But, to come across like it's something more than that is ignorant and actually gives your "opinion" less merit.

Silly Human

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Nope. I have my hurricane supplies left over from the season but, I have that all the time.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustWalter
I am 100 percent sure that the world will not end on Dec 21, 2012. I will bet everything I own on this fact. Now if I'm wrong I guess there will be no one to collect...

I wouldn't say that I totally agree with you, because I will give the 21st as much of a chance as I give the 20th or the 22nd. Which would be an extremely small number, but a chance nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm not expecting anything, but I always have extra food, water and gas for my generator. I'm not the "deadline"
type. I don't believe there is a set date for everything to go Boom. I do however, see hard times coming because of the economy, jobs, inflation, etc... I think we all should be prepared for natural disasters such as tornadoes, floods and earthquakes and always keep extra around.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by la2

The closest i am getting is scanning the night sky every evening when i pop out for a smoke............if something is screaming towards us, i would be able to see it by now. I have to be honest here too, i am rather disappointed in a way! I don't want anything to happen (rather like this planet) but it is somewhat anti climatic!

Unless it is really sneaky, and tiptoeing from planet to planet every time we all turn our backs

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Firewater

Thank you for your opinion and for the unsolicited advice. I guess you told me.

That's the funny thing about life, you never really know someone. A good majority of folks are more concerned with what they can say about themselves rather than taking the time to learn about what makes others unique. What makes them tick. Anyway, that's for another time.

The TRUTH is that none of us knows any more than anyone else does. Not about what happens tomorrow, on the 21st or anything about how the world will end.

Claiming to know the truth. I suppose I could offer you your own advice here....... but my time is too valuable to waste on matters such as this.

Still silly.

Thanks again and you have yourself a wonderful (and safe) day.

Dog.
edit on 12-12-2012 by GodsDog because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by GodsDog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Gonna have a party and listen to ATS live!

Oh man! I bet ALL the ladies are going to be at THAT party. You're going to have to fight them off with a stick.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

I have been on a diet in preparation. So it will be easier for me to ascend.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I still have some supplies that we got in preparation for the storms we were supposedly going to face when hurricane Sandy came though. Not much happened where I live, and I'm hoping I can say the same about the 21st when we get to the end of the month.

And then I'll just eat those Zoodles.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I have been seeing an odd object in the sky, so I'm feeling a tad uneasy! This is one of those times I wish I had some sort of knowledge in astronomy.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by la2

I have been on a diet in preparation. So it will be easier for me to ascend.

Plenty of beans and other gas-inducing foods might help with the process.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't mean to be a dick head but how many of these types of threads do we need per day....

People, if something is going to happen, it's going to happen. If it's not going to happen, then it's not going to happen.

You're not going to be able to "prepare" yourself enough, no one can prepare themselves enough for an extinction level event.

If it's 2012 you're fearing, then you must be fearing the so called "End of the World" scenario. This particular theory is based on an extinction level event, which means, most likely 98% or more of human kind will die off. This includes you and me.

So if you truly truly believe 2012 is going to happen or if you're slightly worried, don't be. If it's going to happen, it'll be everyone's ass, not just your own.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We're preparing for a big party Dec 22nd.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by BacknTime
Ahh yes i will order this time travel device from eba>>>>: Time Travel Device

"just in case" earth is being destroyed then i will just travel backntime

They've sold 5 of these. 5.

Good grief.

WOW. Loved the ad "only a few humans on earth can own one of these" But it's YOURS for $199 !

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I live in an area of random weather, two days ago it was hot and rainy. Today it is cold and sunny, so we always keep a supply of batteries, candles, bottled water, tin foil, a washboard and, Charcoal to go with our grill. While personally I do not think that a large scale event of any kind might happen on that particular day, I am open to the possibility that something may happen. Always be prepared for anything or you will be left with nothing when something happens.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

Well, not particularly for the 21st, but I have an emergency-kit in the attic for some years now....Just in case.
It contains the usual stuff you can buy easily, like blankets, bottled water, a survival knife, first-aid family kit, flashlight, matches, and of course a clean pair of socks.
I live in the Netherlands so we are always busy with water, especially the "flooding" part of it.
The area I live in is not that secure from the water, but I do have the opportunity to get to higher ground from here.

I'm not quite sure IF something will happen the 21st, but reading ALL of these posts here about the 21st I am hoping something does happen. If I have to speak for myself, I believe it will probably have something to do with the middle east as the issues there are getting bigger and nastier by the day.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join