It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Consent to the Will of God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What is you hating it going to do to improve what has happened? How is your upset going to improve anything?
It is what it is.

Going through life being upset all the time is hellish.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Designing something to upset you all the time is pretty stupid, too. Either change your expectations or fix the damn thing.

It is what it is.

That's a weak argument. Stop bending over and taking it. FIGHT! That's why you have free will. What's the point of being free if you can never say "No"?
edit on 23-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Designing something to upset you all the time is pretty stupid, too. Either change your expectations or fix the damn thing.

Exactly. Which is most probable, fixing the entire world or changing your expectation of it? How do you suppose that you can fix the damn thing?

edit on 23-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Which is most probable, fixing the entire world or changing your expectation of it?

Not probable. Harder. You're essentially saying it's easier to pretend that you're satisfied than it is to do something about it.

Yes and no. Yes, it's easier. No, it's not better. Not even close. Especially when your beloved deity blames you for being born the way you are. No one wants to be equal. We spend our whole lives trying to one up each other and at the same time trying to debase ourselves before the higher powers.

Are we trying to impress our deities? Or are we demonstrating our harmlessness? Then why fight our fellow man? If we want to be equal with man, then why not with the gods? Why can we not aim higher? If we're to be the best, then let us earn a throne beside the gods. Let us prove we are worthy of our pride, worthy of knowing all the truth there is to know.

If we want to rule, then let us earn it. Let us show we are worthy. And one does not show their worth by groveling to the nearest source of power. We MAKE our own power. We build it, we claim it, we use it for the betterment of all.

We do not degrade ourselves for the amusement of powerful beings who demand our service. We stand up, for our honor and integrity. It's time we became our own gods, because unless we do, we will never truly be free. That's what we want, right? Freedom? Then let us not shackle ourselves to a god. Let us fly on our own wings.
edit on 23-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
God's great, isn't he?

Only know part of it but the part I know is very nice.
. Very loving and teaching with synchronicity. Those who know god will have a hard time not loving god. Nobody can keep being angry/hateful when experiancing pure love.

Can you show us one place in the bible where god showed us pure love? Then, can you show us 1,000 places in the bible where god punished, plagued, and killed people?

I'm guessing NO on the first question, and YES on the second question.
edit on 12/23/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Which is most probable, fixing the entire world or changing your expectation of it?

Not probable. Harder. You're essentially saying it's easier to pretend that you're satisfied than it is to do something about it.

I do not pretend to be satisfied and i do not pretend it could be different. I face reality by seeing it as it is without getting emotional about it and carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.

I do not believe there is a deity that has to be impressed.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
God's great, isn't he?

Only know part of it but the part I know is very nice.
. Very loving and teaching with synchronicity. Those who know god will have a hard time not loving god. Nobody can keep being angry/hateful when experiancing pure love.

Can you show us one place in the bible where god showed us pure love? Then, can you show us 1,000 places in the bible where god punished, plagued, and killed people?

I'm guessing NO on the first question, and YES on the second question.
edit on 12/23/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Can you show me one place in all your posts where you've showed ANYONE pure love? Can you show us 1,000 posts where you've ridiculed, belittled, and offended others? For someone whose supposedly concerned with love, you don't display much of your own do you....oops, I forgot, PLEASE OH PLEASE DON'T USE YOUR VOODOO DOLLS ON ME!!

edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: The face says it all. Right?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Can you show me one place in all your posts where you've showed ANYONE pure love? Can you show us 1,000 posts where you've ridiculed, belittled, and offended others? For someone whose supposedly concerned with love, you don't display much of your own do you....oops, I forgot, PLEASE OH PLEASE DON'T USE YOUR VOODOO DOLLS ON ME!!

I have NOT ridiculed anyone. I HAVE ridiculed really stupid ideas and beliefs. Just like this post of yours, those that feel offended are the ones directing their barbs at a person and not the topic.

And, just like the the religious, you dodged the question by derailing it and focused on me instead of the question posed. Your post offers nothing to the subject matter. Please go back and focus on the question.

Can you find one place in the bible where god showered us with love? And, how many places can you find in the bible where god caused death, plagues, and destruction?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I have NOT ridiculed anyone. I HAVE ridiculed really stupid ideas and beliefs. Just like this post of yours, those that feel offended are the ones directing their barbs at a person and not the topic.

And, just like the the religious, you dodged the question by derailing it and focused on me instead of the question posed. Your post offers nothing to the subject matter. Please go back and focus on the question.

Can you find one place in the bible where god showered us with love? And, how many places can you find in the bible where god caused death, plagues, and destruction?

Yes, I can find plenty of places for both building up and deposing, for giving and taking away. God does create and he does destroy.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Double post. Jigger, I hope that one day you can experience God's love with the depth that I have and even moreso, books and descriptions are second to experience. I can think of two different instances where I asked God to show me that he loved me in very specific ways, ways where coincidence just wasn't an option, and he did. You COULD ask God to show you that he loves you IF you want. You need to experience things for yourself, I get that.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Double post. Jigger, I hope that one day you can experience God's love with the depth that I have and even moreso, books and descriptions are second to experience. I can think of two different instances where I asked God to show me that he loved me in very specific ways, ways where coincidence just wasn't an option, and he did. You COULD ask God to show you that he loves you IF you want. You need to experience things for yourself, I get that.

This is what the religious do. They claim that god did something very specific, but they give no details out of fear that this experience will be exposed as something perfectly natural, and the religious just want to believe that it's special. They don't want to hear the truth.

Well, I hope that one day you will fully come to grips with the notion that this imaginary friend helping you is totally ignoring the starving children, the women being raped in the Middle East, and the kids being killed in schools. The entire premise of this god is sickening.

edit on 12/25/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

This is what the religious do. They claim that god did something very specific, but they give no details out of fear that this experience will be exposed as something perfectly natural, and the religious just want to believe that it's special. They don't want to hear the truth.

Well, I hope that one day you will fully come to grips with the notion that this imaginary friend helping you is totally ignoring the starving children, the women being raped in the Middle East, and the kids being killed in schools. The entire premise of this god is sickening.

edit on 12/25/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Why do you have to be so hateful? I don't need to give you details, because that would take too long and I'd just be wasting my time on you anyway, which is why I said that SURE you need to experience this for yourself, YOU are the one who is afraid, not I. Please do not live vicariously through others.
YOU will find out that God's real someday, I just hope that you do so before you die.
PEOPLE are ignoring starving children, MEN are raping women, HITMEN are killing children. Vengeance is Gods, where you go when you die is determined by how you live. Why aren't you capable of understanding this? The fact that you threatened another ATS member with voodoo is sickening.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

PEOPLE are ignoring starving children, MEN are raping women, HITMEN are killing children. Vengeance is Gods, where you go when you die is determined by how you live. Why aren't you capable of understanding this? The fact that you threatened another ATS member with voodoo is sickening.

And they are all children, the children of your "God". You wish to talk about our hate? What sort of hate leads a man to sic his own dog upon his other dogs? To teach his children to beat up on his other children?

We are not hateful. We are disgusted. If he wants to be our god, then let him solve his own damn problems. Our design is not our fault, it is his. If he desires a perfect world, then let him burn this one to ashes and raise a new empire in its wake. Otherwise, he must be satisfied, because he had so many opportunities to fix his mistakes, and he chose not to. In the beginning, it was only him. Now, there is good AND evil. The evil came from him, and he chose not to destroy it. He chose to let it flourish in the world he held so dear.

That is not our fault. He gave us our weakness, and he gave us the evil that feeds on such weakness. And every day, he chooses not to reach down and deliver us from evil. For every child that is saved, a hundred others fall prey to the agony. That is his choice, his choice not to act, not to save.

His is a message of division. His is a message of righteousness, of placing one child's health and fortune above another. His is a message of defeatism, convincing us that we will never be good enough, so we must give up our souls if we are to be saved.

You want to talk about hate? Please. You are the definition of "If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you." Your understanding is not your own. It is spoon fed. And you hold not the slightest idea of what true godliness really is.

That is why you worship a false god.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Why do you have to be so hateful? I don't need to give you details, because that would take too long and I'd just be wasting my time on you anyway, which is why I said that SURE you need to experience this for yourself, YOU are the one who is afraid, not I. Please do not live vicariously through others.
YOU will find out that God's real someday, I just hope that you do so before you die.

Hateful? Who's being hateful? I state facts and logic. Why do you think threatening someone with voodoo is sickening. Please, PLEASE, tell me you don't believe in that too?????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join