Total Consent to the Will of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Will what God wills

Desire what God wants for you and for others

God is with you and it is time to listen to Him and give yourself utterly and completely

Love God above all other things, if not you suffer idolatry

Love, love, love and remember that Faith and Hope are the wings of Love capable of bringing you to the understanding of God's will

Will what He wills

Love what He loves

Desire what God wants for your soul.

"Without God I can do nothing, but with Him I can do everything." feel this quote and the humility it place within you.

Peace to you, brothers and sisters of good will, yield to the Spirit unsparingly

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

No offence backcase, but each statement you made is so open to interpretation its a charter for anything. You cannot consent to something that cannot be defined.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
God's great, isn't he?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

"Without God I can do nothing, but with Him I can do everything." feel this quote and the humility it place within you.

What if I just do everything without god?

If I condition myself to believe that I can't do anything without him, I imagine I would have a hard time. But if I condition myself that I can do everything with his absence, I don't really need him do i?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I believe in an unthinking principle. An unthinking principle, or a universal law of nature (in contrast to a god with a thinking personality) means that there is no thought, which means no emotion, which means no opinion, which means no bias, which means no judgment, which means no interference in free will. Only a god incapable of judgment is a god that can allow room for free will. If I were to believe in anything else, I would be forced to conclude that there is no point in thinking because the universe would just change my mind anyway. I would experience the worst of paranoia, believing that a higher power was playing me like a puppet and I have no control at all.

And to be perfectly honest, that's the exact impression I've gotten from reading the OP. I am not free, I never will be, I may as well surrender my soul to the domineering overlord because the more I struggle, the more pain I will cause myself, and I was never meant to be an independent soul. That, to me, is more hellish than any fiery lake this "God" can throw me in.

That's my say in the matter.
edit on 11-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
God's great, isn't he?

Only know part of it but the part I know is very nice.
. Very loving and teaching with synchronicity. Those who know god will have a hard time not loving god. Nobody can keep being angry/hateful when experiancing pure love.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

When your heart is filled with love, there's no room left for anger or fear.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time understanding what all this love has to do with the Christian "God". He's half anger and jealousy. That's not love.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You make the image of God of your choosing. If God to you is an angry, jealous God, that says more about you than Christianity (no offense). I choose a God of love, who is all of us, his kingdom is a democracy, and heaven is for everyone.

Though you may take that how you wish.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

You make the image of God of your choosing. If God to you is an angry, jealous God, that says more about you than Christianity (no offense). I choose a God of love, who is all of us, his kingdom is a democracy, and heaven is for everyone.

Though you may take that how you wish.

No, that's what YOUR god is to me. I can prove it, and I have proven it, many times. I look to a different higher power, one that is not conscious but operates like a machine. No judgment, no intervention, a perfect plan because all is encompassed with it. Nothing can function without the divine mechanism.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm not sure, I think you're confusing me for a Christian. I'm just defending the Christian God, playing devil's advocate a little.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

I'm not sure there IS a defense for such a being, assuming it exists.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I'm having a hard time understanding what all this love has to do with the Christian "God". He's half anger and jealousy. That's not love.

I am talking about something behind everything that all religion hint at but clearly have a hard time quantifiying, that can really respond and change things. Not an disconnected god but a very present god.

Even in the bible there is a lot of hints.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

God deliberately gave me the ability to love, hate, laugh, cry, forgive, not forgive, be giving, be selfish, be lustful, greedy, ambitious, aggressive, passive, lazy, do good things, do bad things, be a solution to the problem, be a problem to the solution, be happy, grumpy, joyous, depressed, to be inquisitive, and to sometimes close my eyes.

Why would he give us these things if he didn't want us to experience all of them? I think he wants us to experience what it's like to be human.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

And I don't believe any truly loving god would have the complete lack of understanding and empathy to send someone to hell. Especially since he's the one who gave you all those things, all those attributes, those opportunities to learn valuable lessons and become something beautiful in his eyes.

Assuming, as always, that he actually exists as stated in the Bible.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I disagree, I don't think that anger is a sin, nor is fear, it's how we respond to those emotions that determines whether our heart is filled with love. It depends on what we are angry about and what we do about it, and on whom or what we fear and how we allow those emotions to affect our future.
So don't get down on yourself if you feel angry or fear, those do not mean that you are an unloving person, infact I daresay a loving person understands fear and anger. Everyone gets afraid of or for something or someone, and everyone gets angry sometimes, God knows he doesn't HAVE to strike lightening bolts at everyone who misbehaves, you can't save the soul of a person whom you've not given some time to repent.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

I disagree, I don't think that anger is a sin, nor is fear, it's how we respond to those emotions that determines whether our heart is filled with love. It depends on what we are angry about and what we do about it, and on whom or what we fear and how we allow those emotions to affect our future.
So don't get down on yourself if you feel angry or fear, those do not mean that you are an unloving person, infact I daresay a loving person understands fear and anger. Everyone gets afraid of or for something or someone, and everyone gets angry sometimes, God knows he doesn't HAVE to strike lightening bolts at everyone who misbehaves, you can't save the soul of a person whom you've not given some time to repent.

As if god will ever give up on any soul. Some souls take so extreamly long time to even begin to get it but god and the blessed ones are always waiting for the perfect moment to say hi. It is always only a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

As if god will ever give up on any soul. Some souls take so extreamly long time to even begin to get it but god and the blessed ones are always waiting for the perfect moment to say hi. It is always only a matter of time.

Lies, lies, and more lies. "God" gave up on our souls the moment he created hell. The only reason to create hell is if there is a selection of souls that he has already decided are not worth his time.

Either be honest about your religion, or come up with a better bs story.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

What if I just do everything without god?

If I condition myself to believe that I can't do anything without him, I imagine I would have a hard time. But if I condition myself that I can do everything with his absence, I don't really need him do i?

C'mon Boncho. Nobody likes an independent nut like yourself. Are you actually going to sit there and try to convince us that you feel happy and fulfilled without simultaneously absorbing an omniscient love so complete that you yourself agree with its source when asserting that you're worthless scum without a relationship to it, deserving an eternity in hell if you snub its glowy righteousness?

I'm not reading any more of your threads. No matter how interesting. I didn't know you were so irretrievably lost to us all. Sorry to get spastic all over you, but sometimes a follower has to put her foot down and demand people stop trying to lead themselves.

I hope you don't need that trite "off" crud, but just in case you're stupid too:

/sarcasm off

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Peace to all of you,

many of you have blown love in the thread way out of proportion. It is as if you are mad at love itself.

For some reason these arguments always lead towards religious conspiracies and pride.

God remains with those who are humble and who decide that they would like to be led by Him Who is Love, into actions of love, because the actions made by the self are selfish and animal like.

Some would just like to have everything turn into an argument, because they do not agree in anything outside their own thoughts, because they trust only themselves, and to themselves they are their god.

But i thank everyone for their input and I thank the Most High God, Who gives me all I receive whether good or bad, because each forms my soul in His Likeness. I just pray that I may take each day as a gift of God and receive with joy, knowing that He knows best.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join