It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company says it has made an invisibility cloak

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

news.ninemsn.com.au

Hyperstealth Biotechnology Corp, a Canadian camouflage design company, claims the technology, called Quantum Stealth, works by bending light waves around the wearer.

"The material removes not only your visual, infrared (night vision) and thermal signatures but also the target's shadow," Hyperstealth president and CEO Guy Cramer said in a statement on the company's website.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Mr Cramer said he could not reveal how the material bent light or show photos of it working "for reasons of security".

Mr Cramer said the US military and two Canadian military groups had tested the material and could vouch for it working "without batteries, lights or mirrors".

He also claimed to be working with the US military to develop the technology further.

How cool is this! Now i know some of you will be suspicious due to a lack of evidence, but hey, if the military has said it works, then it works. I just hope they disclose the information behind it soon, just so we can see and/or read about the new tech!

For further reading, i direct one to their website:

www.hyperstealth.com...

news.ninemsn.com.au
edit on 11-12-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

news.ninemsn.com.au

Hyperstealth Biotechnology Corp, a Canadian camouflage design company, claims the technology, called Quantum Stealth, works by bending light waves around the wearer.

"The material removes not only your visual, infrared (night vision) and thermal signatures but also the target's shadow," Hyperstealth president and CEO Guy Cramer said in a statement on the company's website.

If it's true then... wow!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Harry Potter finally sold out. He had the one invisibility cloak, all to himself except when he tosses it over Ginny or Ron or somebody, and then - wham - sells the data to the highest bidder and now we all can go around invisible. From now on we can never trust we're alone in a room, I can't even brush my teeth without swinging my hand around to see if someone is watching. What a world. Thanks Potter, thanks alot.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Once the DOD gets their hands on it, we will probably see all mentions of it disappear.

Reminds me of the John Kanzius story. He was able to create fuel out of water and radio waves.

Sure enough, the Department of Energy and the DOD swooped down. Not only did he die a short time after, we have never heard about it since.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This is old, nor was Canada the first. Search Invisibility cloak.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
alien technology no doubt, i wonder how they came by this technology?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct

You do not know the specifics behind this cloak. As such, you cannot determine whether or not this specific type of invisibility cloak is "old." As far as we all know, a cloak of this magnitude (useable and approved by several militaries) has never been announced before. Sure we have had cloaks in labs and cloaks disguised by cameras, but this is something different.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct

This particular process has only recently been announced, (October), check the creator's webpage here

They claim their method does not require the cameras, lights, batteries and such as other attempted techniques have such as the Japanese, this one, or this one. The photos on their website are not examples of the actual product, but for security purposes, only represent the conceptual effect.

Interestingly, they have equally created a countermeasure.... a method to 'uncloak' anyone cloaked by their technique.

I’ve already developed a countermeasure for Quantum Stealth so we would be able to detect anyone else with something identical or similar to Quantum Stealth.

Either way, there is quite the race to achieve the better cloaking device taking place over the past few years.
The winner will have to be the lightest transportable method with the greatest effect. I just hope a countermeasure will be provided for any one of them.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So now when your home alone and you get that feeling that someone is there watching you, and you swear you have a ghost in your house..it's really just a person Ina. Cloaking device spying on you! ..maybe the government is testing it on ATS members? ...kidding..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So far they are showing only mock ups on their website, and they say none of their tech will be commercially available, or available to the consumer. Sounds like they were just trying to get some PR maybe to get spotted for a possible military contract... Or investor funds...

Meh...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Pic Below:

Works well!
edit on 12/11/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

it's called using your brain

unless you were being sarcy

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I always get too excited for announcements like these and 9/10 I'm let down.. A lot of the time its something like "We've teleported something! (on a nano scale)", "A camera that takes photos the speed of light! (kind of..)", or its just a bunch of old technologies jimmy rigged together and the effect isn't nearly what they claim. Won't be holding my breath on this one!.. but secretly crossing my fingers.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think this tech has been out for some time.
Remember this video?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You are correct. This cloak is the final marketing of the research we have all been studying.

What is bothersome is that he won't discuss it for reasons of "security". Oh really? What does that mean?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

You are correct. This cloak is the final marketing of the research we have all been studying.

What is bothersome is that he won't discuss it for reasons of "security". Oh really? What does that mean?

It means that it is used by the military and they don't want enemies to know how it works. Why develop something and them tell the enemy how it works? and how to spot your soldiers using it ? That would not be smart .

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Markive
Remember this video?

Yes indeed! That is the first thing that came to my mind

I wonder if this new "cloak" is an advanced version...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Markive
Remember this video?

I'm pretty sure that video is a hoax, it was determined that the guy running across wasn't picked up correctly by the poor quality camera.

But I'm sure somebody already has this form of technology already, and the canadians are behind the curve.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it.

err .. umm .... I mean when I don't see it.

Wait a minute

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join