It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company says it has made an invisibility cloak

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

But....but...I WANT one!!!!! Think of the gaming possibilities...... But, no, the weenies want to keep it all to themselves. Jerks. If they can have them, we should be able to have them. of course, I think they have had something like that for a long time now.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Harry Potter finally sold out. He had the one invisibility cloak, all to himself except when he tosses it over Ginny or Ron or somebody, and then - wham - sells the data to the highest bidder and now we all can go around invisible. From now on we can never trust we're alone in a room, I can't even brush my teeth without swinging my hand around to see if someone is watching. What a world. Thanks Potter, thanks alot.

Harry who?
Nah, seriously, the elves had this stuff ages ago. Never read Tolkien? Wow.....so much for privacy, eh? Weird thing, though, a good decade ago, people were talking about them having invisibility armor. This might not be such a new thing. it wouldn't be the first time they had some tech or other for ages before admitting it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
"Works by bending light waves around the wearer". Wow!

I actually thought about that when I was a little kid. Except instead if bending light waves, I used to think if I had enough tiny cameras and enough tiny TVs opposite them, I could stand in between them and be invisible!

If they have used my idea, I'll be suing...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
"Works by bending light waves around the wearer". Wow!

I actually thought about that when I was a little kid. Except instead if bending light waves, I used to think if I had enough tiny cameras and enough tiny TVs opposite them, I could stand in between them and be invisible!

If they have used my idea, I'll be suing...

The first British invention had actually used your idea

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Oh my goodness. Wow. Are these for sure real? Those people are about to come extremely wealthy. Is there a link to a story where you got those pictures from? I would like to email it.
edit on 20-12-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

reading the entire thread is reccomended - but reading the OP is considered essential

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I did a little digging on this subject matter. Some calls put in, some messages left, waiting a day or so and then hearing back finally with some faxed material.

I'll speak a little about what the inventor has revealed and just a ad about the technology itself. So while this post is allowed for now, may not be later. Also, I will reference a video available momentarily, but being sought after to being brought down.

Firstly, I would just like to say that this being a conspiracy site, you're not apt to believe what I'm telling you here and I expect this. I'm only sharing what information that was shared with myself. It's pertinent to the type of field I'm in, and thus the interest. Some information is public, some isn't. Take it or leave it, I'm giving you what you've asked for, more information. Pub domain.

Here it is:

As may have been mentioned already (I've only glanced over the previous posts briefly), the images most are being subjected to are mock ups. The appearance is now fairly close to what you see, but with the minimizing of certain elements within the material, better definition (a clearer image through the "sheet") will be available soon.

At a standstill, the wearer is nigh-impossible to determine if you were say, walking through a room and just glancing around. The "invisible" effect can be attained if the wearer has little to no movement. This is due to the constant change of refraction as well as the curvatures of the wearer. A sheet, if held up, being a flat surface is best, as in the less wrinkles, the better, but it is still quite effective.

If you're looking up at the surface of a brackish water line, for example, you will see your reflection underwater. Now if that same reflection were curved upwards like a blanket folded multiple times, the transparency becomes less, but due to the multiple layers you would see light distortion.

A similar thing occurs with this material. As the light is bent around the wearer, when it hits a curvature that is greater than a certain degree of angle, the refracted light becomes distorted.

Here are some images of this technology that were public domain some years back. You'll notice something occurring on the "sheet" being held up. The imagery in the background, while at a distance very effective, becomes more notably distorted closer up. The background image repeats itself. Much light a Photoshopped image that has been subjected to the cloning stamp tool.

The inventor has mentioned the uses of this technology as being that of static camo. The wearer is not to move to better make use of it's capability. Due to seasonal changes, atmospheric elements, temperature (key), and other variable, it is not recommended for flight vehicles that cannot stop where they are entirely in order to "take cover" under the cloak.

During the meeting, with reportedly only 3 members present from the developing company aside from the 2 Canadian and 4 American military officers, the video that was shown was very similar to this. Same setting, just longer cuts. One man wearing the camo was seen running from one side of the terrain to the next as the camera panned, as well as shots where the man stood still in different environments. Those watching were asked at certain periods in the video after it was paused to approach and point out where it was they believed the man stood. A couple guesses were accurate, but not to the degree, it was stated, that a military member would be able to at any safe distance before approaching aforementioned cloaked man, whereupon it was assumed he would be spotted and dealt with by a small arms weapon.

I am going to link up a video that shows what occurs when it is worn by an individual that is moving. The time frame we are looking at specifically can be found between 1:47 - 1:49.

Stealthing under "radar" is effective but not with every system. A few surveillance techniques were discussed that they mentioned they were looking into.

The material shown had the thickness of around 5mm. It is comprised of multple layers, tangibly felt, but not revealed beyond the seamed edges. The was a definite "coarseness" assumed to be plastics woven with metals. The inner materials, if different, were not discussed. There are tiny holes that may be notably felt on the exterior. This assumed to create a further 3-dimensional depth where certain lightwaves pass through the first screen while others take a moment later to refract back. Personnel reports that when manufactured (redacted)

Cost to produce materials was discussed, and machinery on-hand capable of attaining goals. Future expenses included smaller grained material whereupon higher depth of resolution would require investment and more time to improve. No future example of such material displayed, but it was assured scalability would achieve desired effect.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
(continued)

No mention of field testing was discussed other than that there would be a few joint exercises with both North American military groups, but that beyond, further endeavors would become private matter.

The idea for the future renditions of the "suit" itself, began with a discussion that it comprised of the material spread over a breathable plastic (holed) plating in order to achieve minimal creases and deformation of visual clarity. Mentions were made of body armor underneath fitting under the thin casing, interchangeable armor much like one of their other snow camo lines. Arguments made about fitting under non-symmetric areas arose but quieted after mention of necessity due to "sensors" along edging. Dr. Yoel Fink from MIT was brought up, along with mention of the "smart clothes" project. No relation was assured.

An image of the famous "predator" eerily similar to the man shown in the conference video. (for fun)

- - - - - - - -

I hope this helped out. I have a LOT of information on this now. more than I'll need until it's up and running but it will be helpful still. There is a lot from the report that was redacted due to sensitivity but this was the gist of the meeting that occurred as well as a minimum of what was discussed.

All the best~
edit on 21-12-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Boooooo, it appears those are just mockups

The story I read didn't mention that, I thought those were actual photos. I couldn't find the original one I grabbed those from, I found this one though, that states they are mockups. Bummer

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Looking at this, it doesn't seem logical.

I would consider myself gullible to believe it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

People years ago said the same of holographs

edit on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 00:56:12 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

some of these new claims contradict the claims in articles cited by the OP .

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Good info, and appreciated! Of course, with any camouflage, movement makes it more visible. Even simple things, like using foliage to conceal yourself, that holds true. Basic, we had a little test they gave us, with around 20 guys concealed out in a field, somewhat lower elevation than we were, and the goal was to spot as many as we could. Movement made it easier, though some were so good, they could move slowly, and you might not notice. Still? A couple we didn't see till they waved, after we gave up! tech like this stuff.....should be really interesting to see how it's used! Kinda like "Rambo meets Predator", or something!

I still want a cloak!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

How so?

To the Lady w/ green eyes, I tried with valor to get a sample of the aforementioned material, but it was a no-go. They have this one very tightly under control right now, no matter what the need is in other military investments, apparently. All I have is a "it may come later" type of response. I inquired as to what stage they were at, and apparently it's moved along further than what I reported even just prior now. Investments being funneled in and such, upsetting because it takes away possibly from funding other r&d groups might have had access to, but I can understand. I wouldn't pass up on the chance either.

There is a very long relationship between our guys and this company. That being so, when he came across this "Accident," as that was entirely what it was, he learned to exploit it in the right way. I believe my contacts and from these papers find what they're telling me to be true enough. Until I have my hands on it though...

I asked again today regarding field testing. It's going to all be in-house for a long while. Which leads me to believe that we may not hear of this again for at least another 3-4 years.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Those "holograms" were nothing more than a 2d projection (from above the audience) onto a large mirror in the background that was slanted to face down onto the stage. There, it hit a very thin, transparent, plastic film. Had Snoop walked backwards far enough, he would have stumbled into the film, and destroyed the illusion.

This new technology, the "cloak" is nothing more than a meta-material that curvatures light around it via copper wires wrapped around plastics, whereupon the optical sensors use a very fiber-optic approach to the scenery behind them along the edges to help with the seams issue. Can't share that, but I just did.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by edtheduck

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

You are correct. This cloak is the final marketing of the research we have all been studying.

What is bothersome is that he won't discuss it for reasons of "security". Oh really? What does that mean?

It means that it is used by the military and they don't want enemies to know how it works. Why develop something and them tell the enemy how it works? and how to spot your soldiers using it ? That would not be smart .

This should be developed by another company and released to the world for free so the Military would not have an advantage. We need to make war harder on these brainwashed idiots not easier.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The military are not "brain-washed idiots."

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Nice, I imagine if this was to reach the public, alotta people would start cheating more lmao. "Did you see me there with her?!! No, I know you didn't!"

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I thought the title said invisibility clock. You know, the one you punch when you get to work before trying to hide from the boss. I think it's time to go to sleep.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join