It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company says it has made an invisibility cloak

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just thought of a few ways this tech might be defeated.

1. A laser pen? would a laser pen be able to be emitted from the cloak on the other side?
2. A paintball gun of sorts? once the material was dirty it would show?
3. A mosquito? it would be attracted to the co2 emitted from the wearer?

Probably too much thought haha

Sadly I doubt this tech will be used for anything positive or good

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Markive

It's when they start letting the police have this technology that we are all truly in danger.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
They couldn't afford to hire a web designer?

For that reason alone I believe this is a hoax.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Bull. You cannot cloak a user against lasers ( light refraction), infrared, or thermal signatures (at the same time). It would be nearly impossible to do so.

Unless of course he came up with an unknown synthetic material. Which i can pretty much guarantee, he didn't.

--

By the way, Invisibility cloaks are useless. You are better off using pigmentation technology. Where your camo will change to the design and colors of the background. Instead of trying to " cloak ".

I guess no one wondered why the military doesn't take cloaking very seriously. Against a modern army. It would be worthless.

--

If you could create a cloaking device where you have no infrared signature, thermal signature, light refraction issues, radar absorbing, or electrical signal. You're cooking. Even if the suit "hides" YOUR signatures, the suit will still carry one.
edit on 11-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

sounds cool i saw a youtube video were japanese guys did it with a suit and projector active cammo sort of.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by edtheduck
We live in a multicultural world and I don’t think citizens are seen as enemies, I think that society is so diverse that they just keep an eye on the population in general .From Star Trek “the needs of the many,i.e. most people and keeping most people safe must out way the needs of the few ,i.e. those who want to kill you or do you harm, it’s that simple .

Yeah well ..... you just keep believing that while you munch on GMO frankenfood, covered with aspartame and dripping with HFCS. Also, be sure to get your flu shots while you breathe deeply under a chemtrailed sky.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

but hey, if the military has said it works

please cite where the military say it works

From their site (which can be found in the OP):

Two separate command groups within the U.S. Military and two separate Canadian Military groups as well as Federal Emergency Response Team (Counter Terrorism) have seen the actual material so they could verify that I was not just manipulating video or photo results; These groups now know that it works and does so without cameras, batteries, lights or mirrors...It is lightweight and quite inexpensive. Both the U.S. and Canadian military have confirmed that it also works against military IR scopes and Thermal Optics.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Bull. You cannot cloak a user against lasers ( light refraction), infrared, or thermal signatures (at the same time). It would be nearly impossible to do so.

Unless of course he came up with an unknown synthetic material. Which i can pretty much guarantee, he didn't.

--

By the way, Invisibility cloaks are useless. You are better off using pigmentation technology. Where your camo will change to the design and colors of the background. Instead of trying to " cloak ".

I guess no one wondered why the military doesn't take cloaking very seriously. Against a modern army. It would be worthless.

--

If you could create a cloaking device where you have no infrared signature, thermal signature, light refraction issues, radar absorbing, or electrical signal. You're cooking. Even if the suit "hides" YOUR signatures, the suit will still carry one.
edit on 11-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

I thought it was pretty far fetched initially also. But i don't know, because he won't tell us how it does it.
If the military says it works, then it must

-

He has already made a camo similar to which you describe, named "SmartCamo:"

Guy Cramer, President/CEO of Hyperstealth was asked to make a presentation on Fractal camouflage at the International Camouflage Symposium called "Camouflage takes Centre Stage" in Brussels in October 2010. His presentation was titled "Fractals in Camouflage and the Future of Adaptive Materials for Mobile Concealment". At the end of the presentation, the audience was provided a video glimpse of SMARTCAMO™ technology Cramer had developed which surprised even the camouflage experts in attendance who claimed this was 5-10 years in advance of where military R&D programs were currently at.

The video was of an actual camouflage cloth around his arm, which could change colors between Desert and Woodland and anything in-between, the colors also showed the ability to become brighter than the desert colors for use in a late fall climate or even snow. Cramer announced at the end of the presentation that the video was to be released on the HyperStealth web site after the conference.

Since that presentation he has been asked not to release the video to the public at the request of the U.S. Military

www.hyperstealth.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

sigh - i thought it was a simple question - the link in your OP only makes the claim :

" the military have confirmed that it works "

i asked for a cite that gave some evidence that the military have actually stated :

" it works "

and on the same note , who precisely is the :

" federal emergency response team " ?????????

because claims of endorsement form ficticious entities dont impress me

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by edtheduck

We live in a multicultural world and I don’t think citizens are seen as enemies, I think that society is so diverse that they just keep an eye on the population in general .From Star Trek “the needs of the many,i.e. most people and keeping most people safe must out way the needs of the few ,i.e. those who want to kill you or do you harm, it’s that simple .

What do you mean? I could seriously list and list items, but a good example would be the attempt at the "Enemy Expatriation Act", whereby a person would have been stripped of citizenship just for being accused of providing non combat support to someone considered an enemy. No conviction needed, just a stated belief on the part of Uncle Sam. Once that is done....its all NDAA from there, as you are no longer a US citizen, and open for indefinite detention without trial.

Instead of really focusing on that, though, I am more concerned about the propensity for some in the human population to feel that:

- they/we need to have an eye kept on us, as the population referred to above. I will do fine keeping an eye on myself, thank you. If i screw up bad enough to really need intervention, I am sure someone would report it and get something done about it. I don't really need cameras recording my moves, or my emails to be sifted through.

- the needs of the many has any bearing on the needs of the few. To think in this manner is known as a "mob mentality", whereby one believes that just because of the principle of strength in numbers, that their viewpoint is somehow made more valid. Whether it is 1 person, or 1 trillion people....if they believe something that is wrong, it is still wrong. No amount of human volume will made something more truthful, or correct.

Now, on a side note, I am curious as to what the world being multicultural has to do with this? The US has laws and principles that I assert are being violated by the DoD, among many government entities, via the secrecy and subterfuge that is employed. That is the gist of what I was saying. And in this multicultural world, the US has a strong history of The People demanding that the government "know their role", and answer to us.

And we were founded on the principle that, as far as weaponry goes, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Now, perhaps the answer isn't that we allow regular folks to have nukes. Perhaps it is more that if we were responsible stewards of our planet, we wouldn't have developed it to begin with.

I would ask you to consider that a big problem in America (and possibly elsewhere) is that people are far more detached from each other, and tend to display a certain irresponsibility and disconcern. I would posit that a big cause of this is the increasing nanny state (imposed by the mob mentality, in direct violation of the concepts of liberty our nation were founded on), as well as the increasing welfare state. I would think that once being concerned for your fellow human becomes someone else's responsibility, and it is funded via increased tax burden, you start to feel more and more hostile and less and less concerned about the plight of your fellow man. I also would go on to say that the blueprint for creating class warfare is to impose heavier and heavier social programs.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Wow, I just noticed that our avatars are eerily similar LOL.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Nevermind. Changed mine anyways lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Could have a lot of applications, like stealth spy stations in the public area but the issue is if you can see out from inside of it ?, one could have clear walls to see outside? without people being able to see in

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Could have a lot of applications, like stealth spy stations in the public area but the issue is if you can see out from inside of it ?, one could have clear walls to see outside? without people being able to see in

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Really is a fascinating tech, I mean who with an imagination hasn't dreamed of owning and the uses of such a fabled magic item. It is surprising how fast this is being developed and makes you wonder what else will come from nanotech?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hmmm seems legit

edit on 12-12-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am probably not the first to say this but do you have to swear you are up to no good in order for it to work?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
Pic Below:

Works well!
edit on 12/11/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

Made me crack up ! Good way to get stars!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Has conatations of the emperors new clothes doesnt it? You can only see it if your smart. If your ignorant you cannot see it. You say you see the clothes, you put on the clothes and you walk around naked.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have always been under the assumption that the military tech depicted in movies and games is actually outdated. The more advanced tech from games like Ghost Recon: future soldier introduce the concept of cloaked soldiers and spy surveillance. That type of tech in my opinion is also outdated.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join