It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The BPAs in Plastic Designed to Sterilize all of the Men in the World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Or is this just a nasty side effect of the natural construct of plastic.
Male sperm counts have dropped over 30% in just 17 years and some are pointing
to the heated plastic leeching BPA into our food.

Quick, grab a glass bowl!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Well, considering we are up to 7 billion people I'd say it certainly isn't pulling that off if that's what it was intended for.

I know plenty of men who have more exposure than is healthy with way too many kids running around.
edit on 10-12-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Not so sure about any plan to sterilise as it is clearly failing. Ironically, it is the countries with the worst environmental damage taking place that seem to have the highest population growth...

That said, take me in the evil West.. I smoke, drink and "otherwise enjoy myself
" but I have still managed to father a few. I even wore tight fitting pants well into my teens....

If it has lowered my sperm count, I dread to think how many rugrats I'd have by now...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Since the modern people birthrate is in a decline - I'd say yes to your original question.

The BPA plastics seem to cause a reduction of birthrates among the 'developed' world.

Time to keep it old school - glass bottles and ceramics for our foodstuff.

-CN

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Having spent 20 years working in the chemical industry, I can tell you that BPA is used primarily to make products shiney. I manufactured coatings of several different varities and we used BPA for that purpose.At the time I was working in the industry the MSDS had no warning of these side effects. This is a relatively recent finding, and is why this chemical is being phased out in the industry.

So these being the facts, I would say no that is not the reason this chemical is used. There is no conspiracy here. Only a lack of knowledge in the industry,which they are in the process of correcting.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just another step in the pacification of the US public, or the "pussification" as some people call it. They need a calm herd of sissys that are dependent on the teet of the Government. The playgrounds we grew up on with 25ft tall swings and wooden tower slides are all replaced with plastic and rubber tire padding.

Add BPAs, flouride and the hormones found in a lot of meat and foods, and you get a slow decline in testosterone. IMO of course.

Forgot to mention that BPAs cause or enhance breast cancer.. in men, and encourage cancer to grow generally, in both genders.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sperm count has been dropping over the last 40-50 years, not just the last 17.
I believe it's dropped by around 40% since then.

Most of the research into it points to environmental factors when the male is in utero as that's when everything starts to develop. Therefore it's probably environmental factors affecting the mother rather than directly affecting the male which cause the reduction.

top topics

join