It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex Ghost Hunter Brian Harnois possibly missing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'm a little bit apprehensive about posting this story. I hope this is not against the T&C. If so my apologies. My only intent in posting this story is to hopefully help bring this man home safely to his family.

There is currently a facebook campaign to try and spread the word of this mans disappearance. The police are asking for help from the public.

examiner.com

A Facebook Post claiming Ex- Ghost Hunter Brian Harnois issued a suicide note via Facebook and is currently missing has fired its way across social media sites on Sunday December 9th 2012. No information has been released from authorities or Associated Press as of yet, but posts from worried fans, other paranormal groups, and ex Taps family members are pouring into Brian's Facebook fan page.

Brian Harnois is best known for his work on Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International during which he was quoted, "Dude Run!" when he fled from a possible ghostly encounter. Brian has two children Mackenzie and Kylie Harnois, and has had recent success on PBS's Haunted Rhode Island. Whether or not this story is real or a hoax is unknown, and further information is sure to come into light in the next 24 hours.

This is a copy of the note he left on FB. Reposted in the comments section by another user on his fan page.

www.facebook.com...

This is the note Brian left 8 hours ago~

I wanted to write this note to say goodbye to a certain few that need to know what happened to me. I have #ed up my life again to the point of no return this time. I am homeless, jobless, and pennyless. I have 2 wonderful daughters who deserve a lot better than what I can give them, and deserve better in life than what I would ever be able to give them. I love them both very much and this goes out ot them the most. I am sorry daddy is such an extreme #up. I could never get my crap together and you both deserve better then this. I love you both very much and will always be there to see your acomplishments in life.

Because I know you will both do amazing things. You both will probably never know the amount of love I have for you two and that is my fault. I have been an extreme mess for almost all of my 36 years on this earth and enough is enough. I have lied, stolen, and done some other really bad things, but the one thing I can say I did right was bringing you two into the world. I love you both babies and will miss you SO MUCH!!! I have not seen or talked to you both in over a week and it has killed me more and more every day.

I am in a deep depression and know I will not come out of it. As for you Michelle, I know now more than ever that I was in the wrong for 90 percent of the 7 years you have known me. I don't know if you will ever read this, but if someone could pass this on to her it would be great. I can't call you because I am to afraid of what might be said as I know I can never have you back. You were my one true love. I realize that now more then ever. You were my soul mate and someone that I could have lived with forever. ANd to know I messed that up is to much for me to bare anymore.

You were my world, and I # all over you. I know it was wierd the way we met but I think it was fate that we did. I am SO SORRY that I messed things up like I did. Please forgive me one day. I wanted to give so much to you but in the end I couldn't even scrape two pennies together for you and that was the last straw. I love you Michelle, and I always will. Goodbye my love and goodbye my 2 darling babies. I will miss all 3 of you!!

Missing Brian Harnois
Community Page about Seeking TheLost

Please Bring Brian Harnois Home

Very sad

Maybe we at ATS can help.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This guy ..

I truly hope he don't do anything stupid but ..

I have not kept up with him but used to watch him on GH and GHI years ago, from that time my impression of him was he had some mental issues and was always seeking attention then when anything didn't go his way he usually threw a tantrum, treated new people like crap because of his ego and somehow was always getting into trouble in one way or another, needless to say I wasn't a fan of his.

Knowing that I certainly wish no ill will upon him and hope that he finds his way home and gets the help he needs to raise his children.

Personally, I think this is a publicity stunt to draw in the attention he craves, somewhere he is sitting back and watching how people react to this, I think he loves himself to much to opt out ...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Let's hope, for the sake of his children, that his facebook page was hacked or something and that he's just fine. I know people on the TAPS forum were split .. some liked him on the show and some didn't. I liked him. I thought some of the TAPS crew treated him awful on the air. That's gotta' be embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
As someone who lost his father to suicide june 22; this is the most selfish act out there.

I hate how society makes a man feel for not being able to provide in their eyes. We are all human and are trying our best in this world. I can tell from his letter that he is full of love to his family and is hurting. He has my deepest prayers and I hope he considers just how selfish suicide is, and snaps out of it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
By reading posts made on his fan pages and the other pages regarding his disappearance. The only other information I can offer is that he was going through a divorce. His wife told police she hadn't seen him or spoke to him in 6-7 days.

I was not very familiar with this guy. Although I have heard of the TV show. I was reviewing some of his older posts and photos that he made on his fan page. And yes it was obvious that he had a certain attitude. A little bit antagonistic in his commentary and seemed to also be a bit inflammatory and controversial in an attempt of attention seeking.

However I don't get the feeling this is a hoax or an publicity stunt. He was having REAL personal problems and was openly admitting to being in a deep depression to people who knew him closely.

There has been a huge amount of support from his fan base. Hopefully it's not too late and he gets some help.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
He seems to be in utter emotional turmoil, the level of despondency and despair that comes across in his letter feels genuine, i don't get the feeling this is someone attention seeking or making empty threats, in his own mind it looks as though he has a great deal of anger towards himself and his perceived inability to get his # together.
There are people who no matter how hard they try never seem to be able to hold it all together, in some ways they feel they don't deserve whatever they have and without even trying, manage to totally destroy the things that are most precious to them.

Having the letter posted for everyone to read on the internet was not a good idea, to someone in mental distress something like this could be perceived as being insurmountable, it will help reinforce a feeling of it has been said and there is no going back.

I hope the Universe provides just what he needs when he needs it the most.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Thinking back on early shows, I can remember the guys talking about him "going missing" before. Did minor research on it but came up with nothing, pretty sure it was in the earlier seasons when they was talking about it but I could be wrong.

Maybe this isn't a publicity stunt and it is obvious real feelings were coming through in the letter he wrote but I think this is how he deals with stuff and if he truly is going through a divorce this would be the next step in his normal behavior when stressed, not just going missing but threatening to go missing forever in attempt to gain sympathy from others.

Suicide may cross his mind and he may be flirting with the idea as he wrote but if he loves his children as much as he claims then suicide is not a viable option, fixing his life is.

Regardless, I still think he loves himself to much to opt out ...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Oh geeze. This is terribly sad. I hope he is found alive & then get the help he desperately needs.
He has two little girls.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
Thinking back on early shows, I can remember the guys talking about him "going missing" before. Did minor research on it but came up with nothing, pretty sure it was in the earlier seasons when they was talking about it but I could be wrong.

Maybe this isn't a publicity stunt and it is obvious real feelings were coming through in the letter he wrote but I think this is how he deals with stuff and if he truly is going through a divorce this would be the next step in his normal behavior when stressed, not just going missing but threatening to go missing forever in attempt to gain sympathy from others.

Suicide may cross his mind and he may be flirting with the idea as he wrote but if he loves his children as much as he claims then suicide is not a viable option, fixing his life is.

Regardless, I still think he loves himself to much to opt out ...

I also remember that too. No one could ever find him towards the end (of when he was on) of the original show.

I think that may have been back in '07 +/- a year.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I watched both shows fairly religiously. As much for the hope of proof as the humor that comes across.

Brian was my least favorite person on both shows. He acted like a crying drama queen one year, I don't remember if that was before or after he'd been fired, he was off the show for about a year.

It was implied-I say IMPLIED-that he was having problems with meth, and that was at least 5 years ago.

It would be sad if he did kill himself. I cannot see that for such a young person. It's not the only option. The rest of your choices are just going to take a great deal more work.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I remember a few years back after Brian and Donna left Ghosthunters for Ghost Hunters International Donna had an interview with a radio talk show host. I think she said that her and Brian went bankrupt trying to do GHI. Maybe this has got a lot to do with it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This is just terrible. Hope he is found safe and well soon!

Does anyone know if he has threatened something like this before?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Another statistic in this recovering economy of ours. Oh what a utopia we live in.... Damn them all.

I read through his note and re-read it..and I hope there is a little ray of sunshine in there. Some of his wording almost sounded like he had an idea to start over? "New Identity" type solutions you see at Gun Shows and Paladin Press type books. I sincerely hope that is what we're reading in his intent and not suicide. Life is never so bad that suicide is the option.....
Never...
edit on 10-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Terminal illness aside, I feel no sympathy for poor excuses of human beings with young children who decide to opt out and commit suicide. The harm they are doing to their kids in the long run is way worse than being unable to financially support them. All anyones kids want is love, which is free the last time I checked. Again spoiled selfish little brats aside. Like I said what a weak man and a poor excuse for a human being if he follows through with his plans, life is to short as it is, and many people never had the choice and death took them early from their families. This is my stance on the situation and viewpoint from being a father of 5 kids who has been there at rock bottom more times than I can count, in fact still there most days......

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Does anyone know if he has threatened something like this before?

I believe so, I remember them talking about "something" happening and him "going missing" in early seasons of the show, I posted that I thought I remembered it being said in the show above and "nerdyclutzyblonde" above seems to remember something like that being said too.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Brian seemed like a decent kid, I really hope there is a happy end to this story. Suicide is a selfish act, but you don't judge/condemn people who are this deeply depressed without being able to walk a mile in their shoes and understand how they are thinking and feeling. Of course, many will anyway.. they are incapable of sympathizing and understanding depression.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Reading through some of the comments on his fan page I came across this post.

Suggesting he has a history of allowing his personal relationships to control his emotional health and career.

www.facebook.com...

yes I am a fan and enjoyed Brian but he has always seemed like a bit of a loose cannon where his emotions are concerned.Do you remember when he left the show the first time was because of an involvement with a woman and it became so toxic that his life just slipped away from being functional.

People often assume drug abuse in these situations. But often drugs are just a symptom and not the cause. Emotional instability in regards to relationships is a much deeper rooted cause than drug abuse.
edit on 10-12-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I thought I remembered something like that too, problem is if the TV show was the only place that it was mentioned it could have been blown out of portion for drama's sake.

There is something about all this that is just not sitting well with me. The way he mentioned in the fb post about not seeing his kids for a week almost sounded like he wasn't allowed to see them. Yet his wife was calling him out on twitter a few days ago for not calling or seeing his kids. She has since deleted those tweets, but Topsy.com still has the archived (for now).

Something about it all makes me uneasy.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Official SyFy Ghost Hunters Forum ... Discussion Thread on this Subject

Only one posting .. and it starts out questioning if it's a hoax or not.
That's actually the first thing that came to my mind ..
a publicity thing or some really STUPID thing that Brian is doing
and it got out of hand ...

Anyways .. no comments on the official Ghost Hunters forum ...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Updates on his wiki page ...

Rumors of suicidal intent On 9 December 2012 a message began circulating Facebook stating that Harnois was missing and had posted a suicide note on his Timeline.

According to a tweet by Michelle Harnois, wife of missing Brian Harnois, the Warwick police left her house at 8:49 p.m. on Dec. 9, and are still searching for Brian. Earlier reports indicated that Brian Harnois left a note that many interpret as a suicide note, on his Facebook account on the morning of Dec. 9. No one has heard from or seen him since.

Rumors that Brian Harnois has split with his wife and may have been depressed over the failure of his marriage seem to be confirmed by Michelle Harnois’ recent tweets to Brian telling him their daughter cried herself to sleep because she couldn’t wish him a happy birthday. Another tweet dated Dec. 6, indicated that Michelle had not seen Brian Harnois for 6 days. Despite any personal differences the couple may experience, Michelle Harnois says she is very worried that he is in danger.

Anyone who has seen or spoken to Brian Harnois should call the Warwick police at (401) 468-4200

Source

<<   2  3 >>

join