It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart rent-a-cop shoots and kills shoplifter.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

Ok...the officer was out of line and should be dealt with, no question.

Are you saying that a police officer should not chase a thief? On foot no less! What is this world coming to?

"I see him running away mam but we aren't allowed to chase your sons shooter."
or
"There's nothing we can do mam unless he steps into the back of our cruiser willingly."

Criminal have almost nothing to fear anymore.
Side note:

In our local area yesterday. A robber (19) walks into a gas/quick mart and fires a warning shot into the ceiling before the robbing. Two employees returned fire. One with a pistol and one with a shotgun. Robber no more.
Neighbors said he must be from a different neighborhood because eveyone around here knows they carry guns in there.
Ya gotta love it. He won't do it again and the state doesn't have to house him for 5 to 10. A few more of these and maybe potential theives will chose a different path.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by boncho

Tone down the hyperbole. I didn't commend the actions of the off-duty officer, but I am not going to give an inch to a woman who has shown in the past that she was incapable of respecting the law or even the children in her car. Tragic for both sides really.

Lets pretend this makes the killing justifiable, do you think the rent-a-cop knows her past at the time he pulls the trigger? Seems kind of backward to me to kill someone the retroactively look back and find some reason why her life is expendable over cheap goods taken form walmart. Being killed for shop lifting shouldn't happen in any case.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
well regardless if she deserved it or not. dont put yourself in a situation where something like that could happen and guess what.. IT WONT(unless the universe hates you ^^) wow shocker. same thing when the old guy killed the 2 kids in basement, did they deserve to die, probably not. but if they werent in the freakin basement to begin with guess what? you guessed it, they would be ALIVE.

now had he hit someone not involved, someone innocent, well then it would be a different story. i read, a thief got caught, thief ran, thief got shot, thief dead. oh well, find a better line of work. hopefully her two friends will learn from this and A stop stealing 2.25$ makeup B get better at stealing so they dont get caught. ^^

i have no compassion for thiefs (unless maybe food to feed kids), rapist, murders, child molesters, ect ect young or old, male or female, 27 kids or none. one less we have to worry about in the future, once a thief always a thief.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i think this video some's up how some countries police work

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Do you think this incident will decrease the amount of theft going on at your local Wal-Mart? Though I believe this incident was a little extreme, I think we should do the eye for an eye thing. You steel something; someone goes to your home and steels something from you. You kill someone, the favor is returned. You rape someone, you get rapped back. Etc., etc., etc… Also bring back public executions. People need to know that if you knowingly do something bad, it’s going to come back and bite you in the butt…

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Sure it is, because he put her in that situation right? No the woman breaking the law put herself in that situation, and if your naive and infantile enough to not factor guns into the equation this day and age, your completely devoid of reason. But you probably carry a 'magic wand' right? PROBLEM SOLVED!
edit on 12-12-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

But you probably carry a 'magic wand' right? PROBLEM SOLVED!

OK sure I do.

And you probably run around with a blood dripping from your mouth and a psychotic look on your face.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Hahaha fortunately smart men don't walk around as they look, they walk around as they are expected to look.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Killing is killing whether you do it for duty, profit, pleasure, or fun.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Yes by all means lets turn the US into the 9th century Middle East... Because its working oh so well for them.

Here is an idea...

edit on 12-12-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I've posted my opinions already.

I'm done wasting my time with people who think a violent solution is the only solution.

If someone has a knife or gun and robs a bank the police usually try to negotiate a peaceful outcome.

But if someone is unarmed and steals from Walmart they shoot 'em dead. Great logic there.

edit on 12-12-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm done wasting my time with people who think a violent solution is the only solution.

But if someone is unarmed and steals from Walmart they shoot 'em dead. Great logic there.

Sometines it's the best solution.
and
She was armed with a 3000 pound car.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

No she wasn't.

She was a passenger in the vehicle.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
reply to post by samkent

No she wasn't.

She was a passenger in the vehicle.

No she wasnt she was the driver trying to back over him.

Linky
edit on 12-12-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I am amazed at the amount of people in here that refuse to admit the person at fault here is the one that decided to break the law.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Linky

Houston Fire Department paramedics were unable to revive the woman, who was identified by sheriff's deputies as Frey. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

-------

Andrews, the driver of the getaway car, was charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.

Craig, who was sitting in the back seat, was charged with robbery.

Try actually reading the whole story before commenting.

The woman who was killed, named Frey was a passenger in the car.

The driver, named Andrews is in jail.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

My apologies.. you are correct.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Yeah they were and they lost they're rights when they got into the car and tried to back up over him. Suppose no one's ever heard of being guilty by association, if she had indeed killed the cop all 3 would be in jail for life or at least 30+.
edit on 13-12-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by gladtobehere

Why in the hell would anybody working in a Walmart be carrying a freakin' gun?! This is way out of hand.

I know something about securiy personel in general and there are some really stupid people among them. This cop probably is one of them. Wall -Mart probably has an instruction for security officers which says not to bring guns to the store, and especially for the stupid officers included...not for personal use or for on the job.

This family can sue the Wall-Mart manager, head-security or Wall-mart in general for what happened to their family member. If they are lucky they will have millions of dollars to spent next christmas.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

He was not a security officer.. He was a deputy sheriff working security at walmart and was in full police uniform.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join