It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winnipeg hunter lost in woods found alive after 3 weeks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Men In Skirts.... Men In Black It's all Alien to me.

We Americans are NEVER happy with anything we have, even our heritage background.

Let's just say we're competitive.

Always trying to one up each other.

But that's just us.. It's not good or bad. It's who we are.

OK... Sometimes it's good (Sports)

Sometimes it's bad... VERY BAD ( Our World Politics)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
CBC just updated more information regarding this and I've got good news and I've got bad news.

The bad news is,

He won't be giving any news interviews.

The good news is, the Winnipeg police want him to give a statement as to how he managed to survive for three-weeks. Apparently this story has caused quite a buzz in the community according to the field reporter. Lambert knew the area very well and it is freezing quite bad out there right now. Also, there are many other hunters in the area with 4-wheel tracks everywhere. Something doesn't add up.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Yes, I said northern people. The Scots are certainly part of the bunch.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think he got abducted, and after a few days he suddenly woke up in the mid of the forest without knowing a single thing. Now soon he will get visions and dreams about his abduction so I expect him to become a member soon here

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here's a comment on the facebook search party page.

Got a weird e-mail today from my buddy Brad Lambert , saying Help. Stuck in bush. Call lianne need bush extraction, So I phoned Lianne and she told me that Brad walked in the door 30 minutes ago. He is going to the hospital to be checked out.........

So he got stuck in the bushes. The cell phone email probably didn't go through until he powered it up while on the road or near a tower. Which makes me wonder, if he had a smart phone with him, why not hike until you've got reception and send a text message? Or check google maps? But he probably can't hike, build a shelter and a fire every day can you?

edit on 9-12-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Northern people not only the strongest but live the longest! Apparently studies done and some truth to this.
Guess that s why I moved to Northern Canada

running with the wolves

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I found another story on CTV news, still light on details though:

Link

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I live in North Eastern Saskatchewan and there is a lot of hunting going on right now. I ve been warned to wear
orange when I go spring hunting or try camping overnight .I see trucks crisscrossing the grid roads , hear
moose calls and shots. It s busy out there.
I would like to know what happened to the truck,and how he got lost. I carry lots of water, food , flashlight,
lantern, whistle, extra thermal socks and gloves, hat, scarf, winter coat, snow pants and boots,lighter, wood,
paper, shovel,kitty litter,an d extra gas. Plus always a full tank of gas. I don t drive anywhere in the winter
without this. It is always in my trunk. If I had my vehicle I think I could survive for awhile. Of course , I don t know
what he had or if there was a nother reason he was out there. I m also into being prepared.
Hope you hear more on this. Very interesting story.

running with the wolves

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jankopernik

He said he ate no food during the ordeal. How can someone packed for hunting for the weekend not be able to at least shoot something? A rabbit even? He had three weeks.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

He said he ate no food during the ordeal. How can someone packed for hunting for the weekend not be able to at least shoot something? A rabbit even? He had three weeks.
reply to post by FlySolo

Yes, I noticed that too. If I remember correctly, one of the rules of three is that you cannot live for three weeks without food, give or take for the individual. I also find it hard to believe that he did not find/shoot something to eat in that long of a period.

I went out for a day long hike yesterday and came across a few things that I could have eaten if necessary, and I did not have hunting gear with me.

I hope more details come out for this story.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's very odd that it took him 3 weeks to find his way out.

That area is heavy with hunters and snowmobilers, there are literally hundreds of snowmobile trails and warm-up shacks everywhere around the Marchand/Woodridge/Piney areas. I used to go snowmobiling out that way every year... most of the trails are groomed and maintained on a weekly basis, the warm-up shacks are stocked with wood for the wood stoves, etc.

If he got his truck stuck, then why the hell wouldn't he have followed his own tire tracks back to a main road turnoff the same way he drove into the bush ? Unfortunately, that area is horrible for cell phone service so he wouldn't have been able to call for help... hence the reason why anyone who is familiar with that part of the province knows damn well it's idiotic to hunt or snowmobile by yourself at any time.

Anyways, I think he has learned a valuable lesson from all this.

And now for some interesting info to feed the "ufo abduction" ideas some folks have suggested:

That area of the province is very well known for it's ufo activity and is, in fact, one of the most documented ufo sighting areas in Canada...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
ok try this on for size,
Guy is seeing another woman, leaves.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

three weeks....wow now that's impressive...i get cranky when I've missed breakfast...I guess that really seperates the men from the boys...wonder if a tow truck driver grabbed his truck after not seeing it move for a few days...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join