It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winnipeg hunter lost in woods found alive after 3 weeks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This just in on the CBC news.

Brad Lambert, 46, was last seen on Nov. 15 in Marchand, Man., about 85 kilometres southeast of Winnipeg, where he bought supplies, in the southeastern part of the province. Days later, after he failed to show up for work, he was reported missing to police.

Three weeks is an awfully long time to be lost in -20 temperatures with little more than a few days of food for a weekend hunting trip. And if that isn't enough, after an extensive search and rescue in the Sandilands provincial park, he just shows up on the road not far from where he disappeared.

But get this. His truck is missing too.

There is no word on how he survived the cold or what happened to his black Ford F-150 truck.

Strange. Now I'll reserve my whacked out crazy hypothesis until I can hear more about what had happened to him. I know stranger things have happened and I won't discount just basic survival techniques to help stay afloat but this is just really mysterious. Where is his truck??

CBC says they will have a survival expert on shortly to talk about the odds of him making it through this. I like to watch survival shows like survivor man, dual survival, Man,women, survival and they never take their experience past 7 days, never mind practically a whole month in an unforgiving prairie winter. I suppose he could have shot some game to help get through it, but there really is no other story to tell other than what the news reports. I really hope this guy talks.
Story
edit on 9-12-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I hope there is more on this soon.
S&F op good find.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Ya me too. If nothing else comes of this then that would make me really suspicious. You would think after he gets nursed back to health, he will be bombarded by the press to sensationalize this. Everyone loves a great survival story.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Another tough Northern Fellow...always been the toughest people on this planet.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Another Travis Walton? O0o0h I said it. j/k.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Who knows, maybe his wife is in the truck.

Out in Colorado bout 10 yrs ago, a guy got stranded in a blizzard in a mountain pass up from Fraser Valley. He had a lighter and snickers, which helped keep him alive. And I initially thought...hmmm....no cigarettes? So he makes it for 4 days or something, and snickers wanted to make a commercial about it.

Days later, he was drunk running through the streets of his town, got arrested, and all the officers found at his home was a large growing operation and 10 boxes of snickers.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Heck, I wouldn't question whether it can be done. Of course it can...if the guy has the strength and sense. I mean we have the best example imaginable. Look at US, German, Russian. British and other forces spread all over Europe from command mansion, literally, to little squad size camps in one of the worst winters on record. World War II showed, in my thinking, how viable weeks of it can be if the choice simply isn't there to do anything else. Of course, along the same lines of thinking, Korea showed what happens when even the strongest are pushed beyond what they can take from natures worst in cold weather. I'm anxious to hear more.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

That's a great story!

I have a similar one but minus the candy bars. Maybe 15 years or more a well known ex Winnipeg blue bomber was charged and tried 2-3 times for killing his wife. Her body was never found so he was acquitted. My girlfriend had claimed to have overheard him talking in a bar to a friend about using her as bait for animal trappings. One night, we meet a woman after closing time in the neighborhood bar who invites a few of us back to her place. She says her husband/boyfriend (can't remember) was away and we were going to have a little party.

When we go inside, she tell us who her man is and there hanging all over the walls, draped over end tables, and everywhere you can see, are animal furs.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
He may have found an old trappers cabin because here in southern Manitoba, it's too cold to sleep without shelter and fire and to his truck, it could have been jacked. The thieves may be lying low knowing that the truck belonged to a missing man and they don't want the heat from the authorities.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Ha that's what came to my mind as well for some reason.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What I find strange is that this area of Manitoba is criss-crossed by a lot of country roads all over the place. Hard to walk far in any direction without stumbling across one.

Plus there are numerous farm houses etc. I know this area very well and it's all farmland. Makes it even more strange.

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

He got lost in Sandilands provincial forest, there's not that many people in that region.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheerfulnihilist
reply to post by jude11

He got lost in Sandilands provincial forest, there's not that many people in that region.

Ok, makes a little more sense. By the description, it sounded like he was lost in the fields.

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Where's his truck?

I took it.

I've been looking for a long time for a F-150 black truck. It was just sitting there with the keys in the ignition and I just couldn't help myself.

Glad he was found okay.

But, he's still not getting the truck back.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would love to hear his story about what happened.
I expect his car was found 'abandoned' and taken to an impound or better yet, stolen

I also wondered almost right away whether he was nabbed for a few weeks

I imagine though, if you have the know-how, you could probably survive for as long as he did if not longer.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if a lot of people are around there.

Finding a cabin, holing up, knowing he better get back to where he left his truck sounds logical to me.

Still makes good copy.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Cheerfulnihilist
reply to post by jude11

Ok, makes a little more sense. By the description, it sounded like he was lost in the fields.

Peace

But you are kind of right. Looking on the map Marchand is only about 60 km straight out to hwy 308 which divides an area of the Sandilands forest south of hwy 1. According to another source, the search went as far as Kenora which means he would have had hwy 1 to walk along if he was in that area. The fact he shows up near Marchand again and not Falcon lake means he must have been further south which is more populated with little towns like Saint Labre, Florze and Woodridge with lots of interconnecting roads.
edit on 9-12-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
Another tough Northern Fellow...always been the toughest people on this planet.

Nah, the toughest people on the planet are the people of Scotland. We rock!

Rev

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Then you would be glad to know that your ancestry flows through the blood of many Canadian aboriginals from the north, myself included. The Hudson Bay Company employed Scotsmen, many from the Hebrides, to man fur trading posts. Cold, lonely nights resulted in my people with their love for bannock and hard drink.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheerfulnihilist

Aye, that is very cool. What wasn't so cool was the 6 months I spent in Vegas where every single American I met thought they were either Italian, Irish or Scottish. It made me feel very sad that being American wasn't enough for them...and even though a few of the "Scottish" ones had kilts, they didn't wear them properly and they just looked like men in skirts...so it wasn't all bad.

Rev

edit on 9/12/2012 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

top topics

<<   2 >>

join