It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless banker hits rock bottom

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nottelling

That guy wouldn't think twice about you.. Sorry, its the truth.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by nottelling

That guy wouldn't think twice about you.. Sorry, its the truth.

Wow, that's a tough pill to swallow. Bummer for me I guess.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

What would you know? Have you been homeless or been left to squat because you can't afford rent? Have you struggled to provide yourself with a meal on a day to day basis without the help of charities or organisations because they simply aren't available to you? I have and I don't need your sympathy, empathy or any other emotion.

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with my personal situation. What I do know is that it is utterly despicable and unbecoming to chastise the downtrodden and the homeless, regardless of their prior occupational failures.

To cast hatred and anger on a single homeless individual based on their prior occupation in a legitimate sector of our economy is nothing short of complete lunacy.

Contrary to popular belief in our uneducated culture, investments bankers play a key and vital role in our financial markets. Mergers cannot happen without investment bankers. Small companies cannot go public with their stock without an investment banker being involved. Many companies would fail without the assistance of competent counsel, and that includes investment banking advisers.

Just because a tiny select group of corrupt individuals were involved in chicanery on Wall Street does not mean that every single investment banker is corrupt. There are corrupt lawyers, union workers, janitors, doctors, and any other profession under the sun.

So, please, spare me the drama and the "holier than thou" attitudes.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

I know it's wrong of me and it certainly does make me a bad person...

...but I don't care how "vital" investment bankers are to the financial game. They are part of the problem, and just like the system they feed off and exploit, need to be cleansed by the fire of loss, poverty and destruction - just my opinion.

Stories about former investment bankers falling upon economic difficulty will become more and more commonplace as the construct continues to implode in slow-motion. The wrath of a former banker who's lost everything will most likely end up aimed at the system which destroyed his or her life. As that system gets weaker and more fragmented, people like our friend the scumbag in the original post will seek to exploit it in an attempt to grab back a "slice of dat pie". This is a good thing, and as they begin to eat their own you will know that the fat lady is about to take the stage.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just FYI, investment bankers have nothing to do with mortgages, or forclosures, other than the fact that they work for the bank. Totally different department, totally different mandate, totally different people.

Investment bankers do what their title says, they INVEST money in stocks and shares. Either the banks own, or the banks clients. So to say that this guy "deserved it" because "he is responsible for others in the same situation" is grossly unfair.

He might have been a chump, and like many other bankers, might have thought the money would never run out, and he might have deserved it for various reasons, but he did not make anyone homeless (other than himself ofc).

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Dear CookieMonster09,

As you know, hatred and division are not what God desires, or the country needs. What I am learning in this thread is that there are those who blindly label people "enemies," even when they have not been harmed by that particular person.

It is easy to hate groups. It reduces the need to think about the situation. One no longer has to go to the trouble to exercise compassion, be willing to forgive, or explain one's reaction. All that is necessary is to shout "He is the enemy!" After that, one can call for the destruction of a fellow human or rejoice in his suffering.

I would have thought that once a person gets pleasure for someone else's misery, they would stop themselves, apologize to God, and go away from spreading hatred and division. For some, it is a habit, for others it is a release for their knowledge of their own shortcomings.

In some threads discussion is possible. They're not always easy to find.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Investment bankers do what their title says, they INVEST money in stocks and shares. Either the banks own, or the banks clients. So to say that this guy "deserved it" because "he is responsible for others in the same situation" is grossly unfair.

We shouldn't confuse investment bankers with investment advisers. Investment advisers invest funds for individuals, and manage portfolios of stocks and bonds. They are not the same as investment bankers, who primarily work on Wall Street and are involved in mergers and acquisitions, helping companies go public by raising capital and issuing shares of stock, and trading in derivatives, commodities, and the like.

Investment bankers, such as Goldman Sachs, are being blamed for the financial crisis because they packaged up sub-prime mortgage loans and sold them to pension funds around the world. These investment bankers are not the same folks that manage investments for private individuals -- These are 2 completely separate businesses.

Regardless of the man's profession, anyone caught in a cycle of homelessness needs compassion, not condemnation.

In some threads discussion is possible. They're not always easy to find.

Thank you for the kind words, Charles.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join