It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AGE OLD question? WHERE IS and who is ACTUALLY talking to God, aka Source Entity or Origin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Murgatroid

"God told Norvel Hayes the church is sadly lacking. We do not worship Him enough."

That's all I needed to read. Boo hoo, my creations aren't paying enough attention to me, I guess I'll start sending tornadoes and floods and stop helping their crops grow until I'm the center of attention again. Waaaaaah!!!

Just goes to support my theory that this "God" is just a kid fooling around with his powers, and absolutely no appreciation of what it is to be responsible for his actions because no one has ever held him accountable. Maybe it's about time we held him accountable.
edit on 9-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You have no idea how close you are in that fact being true.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Basically I believe sound and light is a major factor in the creation of life. Sound > waves > frequencies > makes geometrical patterns > each element has its own geometrical shape > elements make up everything.
You can also have light waves/ frequencies too, which give things color etc. and light has to interact with matter/ particles, and can in turn give them energy which would speed up the speed of sound. And since light interacts with matter, and sound must travel through a medium(air/particles), light will affect sound.

Now quotes from the Bible.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." = matter (mass) / or energy only still

"And the earth was without form, and void;" = energy only at this point, e = mc^2

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." = light particles created, they interact with matter

" And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness." = matter and dark matter?

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also." = sun/moon/stars

And since light will affect sound, and is from our sun/moon/stars which sustains our life, and God's words(sound) is infused in the light, God will always exist.

Basically I see God as the sole creator of everything and maybe he has used what all of physics currently understand as the means to create us.

edit on 9-12-2012 by smwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear vethumanbeing,

You have to be you before you can talk to him. There are no shortcuts, you don't just get the answer to how to be saved and what happens after. You have to decide who you are to know the secrets, no secret society can answer that for you, nobody can give you the answer. Who are you? I shall tell you a story.

I was a mentor to a young man, he is an amazing man in his 30s. He cried tonight as he was helping me move. His wife, that I know, cheated on him. How he handles this garbage will define who he is. He watched me go through the same except, I had been married for over two decades.

People ask to talk to God. Really, what price tag are you actually willing to pay for such a privilege? Be a good you and stop worrying about knowing it all, who are you? That is the first question as it should be. Peace.

Dear A Question; what an unusual name for someone whom answers those things indeciferable, the vague nagging tugging questions so elequently. Truthfully, I do not know how to be me. I do not quite understand what I am. Why did you move; were the tears of the young man ones of those of prenaturally missing you already? As you experience the betrayals, pitfalls within a long productive life how do you reconcile them (equalize the pain and the joy). I am the best me that I know how to be but have so little experience . You will be alright. You will be extraordinary; anyone comes into contact with you will know who you are. As in these times I might have to take a shortcut or two. Thankyou.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smwoop

Basically I believe sound and light is a major factor in the creation of life. Sound > waves > frequencies > makes geometrical patterns > each element has its own geometrical shape > elements make up everything.
You can also have light waves/ frequencies too, which give things color etc. and light has to interact with matter/ particles, and can in turn give them energy which would speed up the speed of sound. And since light interacts with matter, and sound must travel through a medium(air/particles), light will affect sound.

Frequency, those that describe color and sound together organized; and in one elegant magical orchestration of intent swooped and curled and twisted upon itself to create hard matter.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

That light is all around you. It's called a "photon." Energy that forms the very basis of all matter.

If you wanna be atheist, that's all on you. But don't go around saying that you know for a fact there is no god, because you're a puny little human being who has been alive for less than a hundred years, holds maybe a couple of degrees, and has only seen a fraction of the world. If there is anyone who can tell us for a fact that there is or isn't a god, that someone is not you.

When you have been alive for a milennia, have mastered every subject ever invented, has seen the earth at its best and its worst, and have touched the stars...that's when you can say you know. That's when you'll have all the tools necessary to find the answer. Until then, you're as clueless as the rest of us.

My, I have beliefs. But they're just beliefs, and I am constantly searching for more. I'm not afraid to admit I don't know, because that helps me accept that I have more to learn. And I'd rather be an ignorant scholar than a deluded genius.
edit on 9-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Way to spoil all the fun for the original post I was replying to, AfterInfinity!

I was waiting to see if they would use photons, and then delve into how the Bible simply says "light" and not "photons," because the writers of the Bible had no insight into elementary particles. They didn't even known germs caused disease!

But, my fun is all ruined now.

Still, maybe they'll pretend to have missed your post, and will still give me some crazy reply just for fun.

A scribe can hope!

[Edit to add]

First, not an atheist.

Second, I don't personally need to "see everything, learn everything, touch everything" to know about it. That's the whole purpose of education, university, and higher learning. There are people who have studied biology, studied history, studied astronomy, we have astronauts, doctors, anthropologists, and so much more. If I study under them, read their writings, check their sources, and so on, then I can safely agree with their learned conclusions.

Have you seen the face of God? Because if not, how do you know it's not a Goddess, or many gods, or a cabal of tiny little Leprechauns? Maybe it's a giant teapot... you're just as unenlightened on that front, as I supposedly am on your front...

Oh, wait... no I'm not.

If that's not your God, and your God in no way whatsoever was influenced by that God at all, then I'm willing to hear you out, because I'd be more inclined to believe in your God.

[Edit to add]

~ Scribe

edit on 9/12/12 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

That's because the Bible did it's utter best not to delve into pagan belief systems, otherwise people would realize that's where all the good stuff was coming from. But in all honesty, that's exactly where all the Biblical secrets come from. Every pivotal event in the Bible is a metaphorical retelling of a pagan allegory imparting occult knowledge with more truth to it than a priest on the witness stand.

But that's a story for another time. Feel free to Google it if you want to know more.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Dear yethumanbeing,

Dear A Question; what an unusual name for someone whom answers those things indeciferable, the vague nagging tugging questions so elequently. Truthfully, I do not know how to be me. I do not quite understand what I am. Why did you move; were the tears of the young man ones of those of prenaturally missing you already? As you experience the betrayals, pitfalls within a long productive life how do you reconcile them (equalize the pain and the joy). I am the best me that I know how to be but have so little experience . You will be alright. You will be extraordinary; anyone comes into contact with you will know who you are. As in these times I might have to take a shortcut or two. Thankyou.

Well, based upon my prior responses, I am pretty sure that I am not indecipherable. Before we can understand anyone's answers, we must understand our answer. Not vague, not confusing, very direct. We can wait to be told what the winning answer is or determine what our answer is. Which defines us? Defining yourself does not mean finding "equalizing" answers, it means admitting what your answers are. We must begin the journey of self discovery by admitting to ourselves what our scales are that we use for determining our answers.

Every religion, every belief set has a set of final decisions. The Satanists believe you should do whatever you want that is their ultimate believe. "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" is what I believe Crowley said. Muslims believe they should do whatever will give them their 99 virgins. What do you believe? What tips your scale, what determines your choices?

As for shortcuts, take all you want so long as you take responsibility for them. How can we learn from our mistakes if we don't admit that they were choices?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

People ask to talk to God. Really, what price tag are you actually willing to pay for such a privilege?

Why should talking to my father be a privilege? Talking to a parent should never be a privilege. You brought it into this world, you're responsible for its education and upbringing. If you're not capable of training your creations, THEN DON'T CREATE THEM.

But apparently, that isn't how "God" sees it. Or rather, people are content to keep making excuses for him. I've seen men and women persecute their father straight to the grave for less. People disgust me.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

"Feel free to Google it" says the man... ha ha.

Sometimes I wonder, AfterInfinity, if we're more alike than different. I have no need to "Google it," as you say. All I need to do is turn left and look at my book cases. Here's a quick sample of two of my shelves:

I am well aware that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are patterned on West Asian, Egyptian, Anatolian, Southern European, and Celtic polytheism. Knowledge of this fact is exactly why I can claim that God is not real; because if He were, then all of Them would be too.

I'm willing to accept His existence as a legitimate god, as soon as Jews, Christians, and Muslims accept the polytheistic gods' existences as legitimate as well.

~ Scribe

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear yethumanbeing,

Well, based upon my prior responses, I am pretty sure that I am not indecipherable. Before we can understand anyone's answers, we must understand our answer. Not vague, not confusing, very direct. We can wait to be told what the winning answer is or determine what our answer is. Which defines us? Defining yourself does not mean finding "equalizing" answers, it means admitting what your answers are. We must begin the journey of self discovery by admitting to ourselves what our scales are that we use for determining our answers.

Every religion, every belief set has a set of final decisions. The Satanists believe you should do whatever you want that is their ultimate believe. "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" is what I believe Crowley said. Muslims believe they should do whatever will give them their 99 virgins. What do you believe? What tips your scale, what determines your choices?

As for shortcuts, take all you want so long as you take responsibility for them. How can we learn from our mistakes if we don't admit that they were choices?

LIBER Al vel LEGIS sub figura CCXX as delivered by XCIII=to DCLXVI
An Ixii Sol in Aries March 21 1938. O.T.O.

Oh, the mistakes are ones I have to correct and unfortuately are the crimes of the child I left to "do as thy wilt
shall be the whole of the law" "Love is the Law love under will'. This child and I trusted that all things were understood, fell so far in frequency, committing the greivous act of observance with great curiosity, numbed into a state of non-intervention as the 'whats going to happen next' soap opera factor and froze into inactivity. Threw Code of Conduct out of the window. Scale tipping? Toppled shoved; then sucked into the yellow abyss in April with a vengence. Thankyou Aquestion.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Haha. That just warmed my heart.

But what if they ARE real? What if there is gold beneath all that cloth and dirt? Maybe they are all based on grains of truth that were corrupted by idiots and politicians.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Oh, I've never once said I did not believe in the gods. Only that I do not believe in the God. In fact, I opened my involvement in this thread by suggesting that the answers the OP was seeking come from "personal gods" rather than a Philosophic God.

~ Scribe

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here's someone who has contacted the Intelligence of God:
smphillips.8m.com...
Spend the next year following (if you are capable) his route towards the mathematical nature of God. Then you can talk about God because your mind has had some experience of Him. If you an atheist, suspend your conditioned mindset and try to examine objectively and dispassionately all the amazing evidence presented there.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Because Christians are objective and rational about their examinations, right?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by AQuestion

People ask to talk to God. Really, what price tag are you actually willing to pay for such a privilege?

Why should talking to my father be a privilege? Talking to a parent should never be a privilege. You brought it into this world, you're responsible for its education and upbringing. If you're not capable of training your creations, THEN DON'T CREATE THEM.

But apparently, that isn't how "God" sees it. Or rather, people are content to keep making excuses for him. I've seen men and women persecute their father straight to the grave for less. People disgust me.

This is curious- what price tag is there actually to talk to (insert god name here)? (stalker person Webster Spell champ I'm waiting for you) seriously, why a privilege? Where did that notion first rear its head? I would imagine one would have to identify who it is that will fess up to the calamity of the human genome. Any takers out there? as to the wow factor of 'look at how we let the populace totally destroy its civilizations over and over again'. I make no excuses for anyone for are we not the same as our creators as in equally responsible for our own periodic slips into insanity?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
Where are they? Source Entity and Origin? Why have we been left alone for so long? Why the awful lingering silence and where are their mouthpieces? Is there no one in existance that speaks to them for them (other than the papal which is not viable) and can let the humble simple dumbed down human know its fate?
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: expand a simple concept into smithereen type purportions thus imploding itself into oblivion

The problem is that there is no "Source Entity" that exists. Conscious awareness is not primordial. It doesn't sit at the base of reality, even if it does perceive its own version of reality. Reality is the base foundational structure that contains all conscious awareness. Conscious awareness doesn't provide the base foundational structure for reality. Perception is not creation. It's interpretation of that which already exists. Consciousness can only perceive what already exists, and create its own interpretation/translation of what it perceives.

This means that there is no one that actually has the authority to "speak" on behalf of everything. That doesn't prevent every other conscious entity from claiming that authority, or the rest of the conscious entities that exist from allowing any one of them to exercise that authority over them. Humans need to imagine themselves - and whatever it is that they can imagine to be similar to them - as being completely in charge of reality. That will never change regardless of the amount of evidence that emerges to debunk that notion.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I really hope I'm "stalker person Webster Spell champ." If I am, I'd have to officially award you, because that would be one of the most interesting names anyone has ever given me.

Why do you think a deity has to be behind human biology, evolution, or development? Why couldn't a species of divinities develop alongside humans, only composed of a different source material other than carbon, or physical cells?

Who's to say the gods aren't just as perplexed by human biology as humans themselves are?

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 9/12/12 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
Here's someone who has contacted the Intelligence of God:
smphillips.8m.com...
Spend the next year following (if you are capable) his route towards the mathematical nature of God. Then you can talk about God because your mind has had some experience of Him. If you an atheist, suspend your conditioned mindset and try to examine objectively and dispassionately all the amazing evidence presented there.

I will tell you what? Im going to give this a shot as in not so conditioned negative and am a Gnostic. Numbers and I never got along but I forgive every 0-10 and all bases included for your trickery calling yourself a language of the Universe.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
Where are they? Source Entity and Origin? Why have we been left alone for so long? Why the awful lingering silence and where are their mouthpieces? Is there no one in existance that speaks to them for them (other than the papal which is not viable) and can let the humble simple dumbed down human know its fate?
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: expand a simple concept into smithereen type purportions thus imploding itself into oblivion

The problem is that there is no "Source Entity" that exists. Conscious awareness is not primordial. It doesn't sit at the base of reality, even if it does perceive its own version of reality. Reality is the base foundational structure that contains all conscious awareness. Conscious awareness doesn't provide the base foundational structure for reality. Perception is not creation. It's interpretation of that which already exists. Consciousness can only perceive what already exists, and create its own interpretation/translation of what it perceives.

This means that there is no one that actually has the authority to "speak" on behalf of everything. That doesn't prevent every other conscious entity from claiming that authority, or the rest of the conscious entities that exist from allowing any one of them to exercise that authority over them. Humans need to imagine themselves - and whatever it is that they can imagine to be similar to them - as being completely in charge of reality. That will never change regardless of the amount of evidence that emerges to debunk that notion.

Some swear they have spoken it SE(not gender specified oddly ever) Naacp stop what you're thinking now. I thought we created our own reality individually- by intent of a simple thread of pure thought. I sometimes think reality is not what we live day to day but what we see projected to/at us hollywood style moviedom. I really want to be in charge someday I really do but I have a feeling I will never be able to prove I actually am. Augustus Tiberious where are you when I need you the most; got to admit the Roman Empire had this one down cold (Demigogery at its Best) Paganism-or else.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join