It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help determining what this picture is.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Here is your photo...very interesting.....

Des

It's a reflection of a pendant light on the ceiling. The photographer was looking out the window to snap a picture, but the light was on in the room. Look at that picture. It's not outside. It's a pendant light that's shining up onto the ceiling and the round at the top is where the wiring goes.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg47

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Yukon Flats Alaska 6 years ago.

I like the different contrast, it really cleans it up and shows the cloud better.

No it doesn't . It shows a textured ceiling and an ornate light fitting .

Tell you what, troll, when you post a picture demonstrating that come on back.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

Please demonstrate that...where is the reflection? When I did the contrast picture there was no such evidence of what you or the other are suggesting....take a picture and post it with your supposed control circumstances.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Very similar screen names from those 2.

Hmmmm.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Where is the reflection of the object/event on the water at the bottom of the picture?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

You don't know where the water is in this picture, you are assuming what you see is water, but there are two electric poles on either side and any picture I have ever taken from inside anywhere through a window shows double exposure of items outside, and also, even if that is water where you think it is it would depend how you were positioned as to whether or not you caught a reflection in the water and what the light source is. The moon does not show any fake characteristics when I examine it up close and there would be a double exposure there. This picture does not exhibit any characteristics of a light fixture (light bulbs do not have light coming from them like that), there is no textured ceiling or it would show up in the contrast, and there are no characteristics of this being shot through glass, with or without a flash there would be double exposure everywhere and there is none. Please take a picture from inside through a window and post it...show me where this is possible and I will eat my words.
edit on 12/9/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

Where is the reflection of the object/event on the water at the bottom of the picture?

On page 4 a poster from Alaska said that if it is the Yukon river it is loaded with silt, which decreases the reflectivity.

Since the sun isn't showing a reflection either I wouldn't expect the streaks to as I would assume the sun to be the brighter of the 2 objects.

I wish he would register so he could answer questions directly, I didn't take the pic, just reposting it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Also, if this is a picture taken from inside looking out a window, there would be a reflection of the person taking it in the picture, this looks to be taken from an angle directly forward, no way there would not be some evidence that the person taking it is inside shooting it through a window if this was the case. If it were a light fixture the properties of light would be more scattered. There would not be this pattern of light no matter what you say.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The person who took it said "it only fell for a few seconds but was loud as hell like a plane a few hundred feet over you our standing on a deck of a carrier

Here are the key features of the object on the picture :

-The Object descended very rapidly [ Speed / velocity ]
-The Object made a very loud sound [ Sound ]
-The Object was ~100 feet away from the Observer [ Distance ]

So , Lets Discuss not ignoring those above Facts .

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xplorer

Minor correction, he said the sound was like an airplane a few hundred feet overhead, not that the object was that close.

I suppose it could have been a military jet and those could be flares,

That might explain why there was no impact sound.

But why would the pilot be punching out flares over a preserve?

And he said they didn't see any planes, just sound like it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

maybe it could be a combination of things? A reflection of a light and a jet happened to be flying near by at the same time? Hard to say, unless we see the original photograph.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine

maybe it could be a combination of things? A reflection of a light and a jet happened to be flying near by at the same time? Hard to say, unless we see the original photograph.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

According to him this is the original photograph.

It's been saved a few times and resized but otherwise it's as he claims it occured.

He hasn't been on the FB alliance page he posted it in since I asked more questions, so hopefully tommorow will yield more info.

I also asked if there are any other pictures taken that day he can give me, even if they don't show the objects. That way we can get a better idea of the atmospheric conditions that day.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

do these pictures convince you that you are mistaken?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

A reflection of a light

The laws of reflection are as follows:

- The incident ray, the reflected ray and the normal to the reflection surface at the point of the incidence lie in the same plane.
- The angle which the incident ray makes with the normal is equal to the angle which the reflected ray makes to the same normal.
- The reflected ray and the incident ray are on the opposite sides of the normal

So , can anyone tell me why its a reflection ?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Do you know were he was at roughly? Circle, Fort Yukon or Eagle maybe? That would be a big help.
edit on 9-12-2012 by anton74 because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Lol I thought it was moon, because there was not much radiant light from that orb on the right. If that was the sun, that makes this picture all the more weird. Also, proving that there is no way it was taken from inside looking out a window causing a reflection of a lighting fixture.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xplorer

just trying to help the OP as requested, figure out what the picture is...providing all possibilities

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Flares would not behave that way.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74

Do you know were he was at roughly? Circle, Fort Yukon or Eagle maybe? That would be a big help.
edit on 9-12-2012 by anton74 because: typo

I will add that to my list of questions for him when he responds to my request for more pics.

How many hours of daylight do you get there in June?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Lol I thought it was moon, because there was not much radiant light from that orb on the right. If that was the sun, that makes this picture all the more weird. Also, proving that there is no way it was taken from inside looking out a window causing a reflection of a lighting fixture.

I'm making an assumption that it's the sun because he was there on vacation, it could be the moon, but sun seemed to make more sense.

Hopefully Anton can clarify things.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join