It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help determining what this picture is.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by tpg47

reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Yukon Flats Alaska 6 years ago.

I like the different contrast, it really cleans it up and shows the cloud better.

No it doesn't . It shows a textured ceiling and an ornate light fitting .

An ornate light fixture that doesn't refract light?

How does that work?

Behave .
Anybody with an ounce of common sense can see exactly what is in the shot . If you tend to believe otherwise , well it says more about your wishful thinking than my sense of logic .
Man up and say what you really see

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Yukon Flats Alaska 6 years ago.

I like the different contrast, it really cleans it up and shows the cloud better.

No it doesn't . It shows a textured ceiling and an ornate light fitting .

An ornate light fixture that doesn't refract light?

How does that work?

Behave .
Anybody with an ounce of common sense can see exactly what is in the shot . If you tend to believe otherwise , well it says more about your wishful thinking than my sense of logic .
Man up and say what you really see

Man up?

I've been looking at that picture since yesterday and I don't see a light fixture.

I guess my imagination isn't that, what's the word, developed?

Do me a favor, find me a picture of a light fixture that looks like this picture. It should be easy for you if it's that obvious.

No crayon drawings.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by AGWskeptic

You're pathetic and your argument is lame .
It's easier for me to prove it's a light fitting than for you to prove it's a space ship.
Prove to me it's a space ship , then I will counter prove .
It's your move , Einstein

Where did I claim it was a spaceship?

I'm simply trying to find what it is, whether thats a meteor, falling space junk or what have you.

Work on your reading comprehension, or, read the entire thread before trying to act smart.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You already know what it is , but you obviously get more pleasure from being antagonistic .

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Interesting! Saved the pic, zoned, to take a closer look. At a cursory glance, I don't see any obvious pixel issues that would indicate this was faked. Checking it out with Corel, I see about the same thing, though there is one place where it looks like something might have been brushed over. Not the whole whatever-it-is, but if you go diagonally from the upper left "corner" of the object, there is a place where the pixels are different. I did a screenshot of the place, to show you where I see it -

There is another place to the right that has a similar look; like something was brushed over with scratch cover or something.

So, I am thinking that this is still some very interesting object, but maybe there was something there towing it? Maybe a helicopter, and some support at the other end or something. I don't know. Even if something was pulling it, I can't imagine what it would BE anyway. I could see some odd blimp-type thing, but with the beams out the bottom? I can't tell for sure if those were edited or not. Maybe.

edit on 9-12-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I had just replied to this photo on facebook about 30 minutes ago. In my opinion, this is a photo of a ceiling lamp reflecting through a window. A lamp like this one but of course a much different make:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
*** Attention ***

The insults stop now.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Whatever it is it's interesting and pretty!

Are we sure it's real? Not saying it isn't... frankly it looks it.

I wish i say things like this! Normal old sky, all day every day..

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm sure someone will claim cgi, yet others have already claimed it's a cloud, or reflections of ice crystals in the atmosphere. All I know, it's pictures like this that get my attention instead of small points of light in the night sky. We'll just have to wait to see if anyone can debunk this image.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I'm sure someone will claim cgi, yet others have already claimed it's a cloud, or reflections of ice crystals in the atmosphere. All I know, it's pictures like this that get my attention instead of small points of light in the night sky. We'll just have to wait to see if anyone can debunk this image.

Yes, I see stuff in other places posted every day but this is the first one I thought was worth posting here at ATS.

If it's proven to be a hoax I'll be as happy as if it is proven to be space junk or an asteroid, I just want to know what it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Can't believe how much pointless speculation there has been about this when it is SO OBVIOUSLY A REFLECTION as shown in this!!!

But your details say you've been a registered user since 2005! You must have seen a hundred threads like this...

Still, I know what you mean.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
A better example of the light fixture.

You can see how the light reflects off of the rods that suspend it. Its the same effect that is causing the drops of light in the picture in question.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
One possibility would be, a combination of a Altocumulus lenticularis cloud with Cirrus uncinus clouds, lit by the sun giving that combination. As in this photo, can't say I've seen Cirrus uncinus quite like those in the OP photo however, it would make some sort of sense.

There's this photo as well which which might shed some light one what we are looking at.

Cirrus uncinus & Cirrocumulus with virga, above Somerset (Photo: Nigel Punchard)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I tend to agree with some of the other members who think this is a reflection taken from inside a room, for a couple of reasons.

One being elevenaugust's post showing the picture in contrast: www.abovetopsecret.com... We can see light reflecting off what appears to be a ceiling surrounding what, I think, is a lamp fixture.

Two, there is no reflection on the water at the bottom of the picture, which means that if this object is in the sky it is very close to the viewer, which it doesn't appear to be.

I think we are looking at something similar to this light fixture reflecting on a window from the inside.

edit on 9-12-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I took this picture this summer and completely forgot about it.

i86.photobucket.com...

We were in a severe weather warning and we went out storm spotting.

The upper rounded portion looks a little like the pic, but it's not connected to a solid cloud layer.
edit on 9-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Actually, your photo is almost spot on , It's just as it's lit from behind and slightly above the shadows on the cloud give it a rather different appearance. Note the diffuse light above the main block where it is actually connected to the flat layer above. That leaves us with trying to find the explanation for the 3, seemingly, "falling objects".

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Actually, your photo is almost spot on , It's just as it's lit from behind and slightly above the shadows on the cloud give it a rather different appearance. Note the diffuse light above the main block where it is actually connected to the flat layer above. That leaves us with trying to find the explanation for the 3, seemingly, "falling objects".

I know mine isn't shopped, I welcome any analysis.

I took it August 1st with a digital camera. I added contrast using the software that came with the camera to highlight the vienetta shaped portion, but I can link to the original.

Here's the original,

i86.photobucket.com...
edit on 9-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join