It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dmitry Medvedev (Prime Minister of Russia): Aliens exist... or jokes ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well, I'm living in Russia since eight yrs, I can tell the prime minister voice, if its his voice, isn't that of someone joking, plus he's not that kind of person that can joke on something like that...I ve listened the full phrases in russian from the danish tv, 'cos on the italian LaRepubblica website the voice of the italian journalist overcome Medvedev voice, and since that's so puzzling and weird, I made em check very well by my wife and friends here...done a very precise translation and analysis of them...can tell u he's serious..no sense in building up such a story, plus with all those details..without any truth behind it..it might hav been done on purpose, thats possible for political reasons, kinda of a message to who s thinking to fire him next year, that he could reveal secrets too, in case that happen, but definitively theres truth in his words..lets see coming days if any confirming his words or not...but true indeed, thats my conclusion

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Murmansk

Respectfully, your very first post in joining today, just as this 'news' is being talked about, with your assertion of the absolute seriousness of it all seems rather convenient, no?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I was wondering how long before someone posted this crap, no offence to the OP, but clearly he was joking and this has no place in this forum and it doesn't help the credibility of Aliens and/or UFOs any

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Certainly, doesn't his reference to the MIB movie, and others, in itself pretty much indicate he is being dead-pan facetious?

Reminds me of, when in one of his speeches, Reagan made a statement of how suddenly our Earthly concerns against other nations would become meaningless if we were facing another force from outer space...etc.

All the tin hats, then and now, try to push that he was in fact admitting to us that it was going to happen, or he knew something and so on, and on.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
two cents....

he knows
and so do i.

some of those aliens in mib are real

this world is a tourist destination ,
get over it , you'll be ok

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by soulwaxer

Tell me; how much Russian literature have you read, and how much Russian do you speak?

You don't have to speak or read Russian to read works by such as Anton Chekov, or even better Mikhail Bulgakov since he's more on the humorous side.

You may benefit by familiarizing yourself with an aspect of Russian humor being very dry, black, straight faced, and told in utter seriousness where punchlines are forms of wordplay.

For instance:
Маленький мальчик нашёл пулемёт
Больше в деревне никто не живёт.

which is:
A little boy found a machine gun
Now the village population is none.

Hilarious no?

Aliens are real.
Just watch MIB movie.

I suspect, however, most would rather believe despite all evidence to the contrary, no matter what, because they'll find validation for their belief wherever they can find it, no matter how hard they need to squint or warp reality to see it.

I read Dostoevsky and Tolstoy in my twenties. That's 20 years ago, so not clear in my mind anymore. I especially loved Tolstoy and will never forget his 25-page description of the start of spring in Anna Karenina. The depth of their writing is something I miss in most writers I've read since. As far as humor goes, my memory fails me.

I have two good russian friends whom I've known since my teens, I was always invited to big family celebrations like weddings. One of them has been high up in financial Moscow for the last 12 years and has told me stories you wouldn't believe...

But maybe you make an excellent point about russian humor, which would have been helpful earlier on in this thread.

You're "Aliens are real. Just watch MIB movie."-comment is cheap. I never said that I thought aliens are real, and I have stated that Medvedev's MIB comment could have been a joke, without the rest of it being a joke.

The conclusion you draw is indeed most likely the correct one, but things are not that simple to me. I have had enough mind-blowing experiences to just write off the unbelievable with a few scraps of information, whatever it may be. I tend to question things until there is no longer any doubt left in my mind, and have very rarely achieved that.

Your last comment - about wanting validation for a belief - would be an insult to me if you directed it at me. I don't believe ANYTHING. The word believe is not in my dictionary. Let alone WANTING to believe. I am only interested in one thing: understanding reality. That's why I am on ATS. There are many open minds here.

That's not even touching upon your statement of "despite all evidence to the contrary". Give me the evidence to the non-existence of aliens visiting Earth, and I'll buy you a lovely dinner in Brussels.

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
he aint lying and my alien buddies are not happy him letting this slip we are working undercover as humans

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

For a limited time only: Come and see Prison Earth (formerly known as Experiment Gaia) for a 2 night, 3 day experience you'll never forget. Reserve your tickets today!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He is joking , enough with this childish conspiracies

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

There's no need to sound so defensive.
I was merely illustrating some points; in reply to your question regarding

Tell me please, how would it sound if it were true?

Forget not also, this is an open, public forum read by many, and though someone may be addressing "you" personally, they may also be cognizant that you personally aren't the only one reading, where in fact registered members, and a large demographic of lurking non-members are also reading.

Your comments, when you make them, are for everyone.

No personal sleights, if you felt any, were intended.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Did not seem like he was joking, and as for the MIB part. He said "Take a look at MIB and see how many different species there are" something along those lines as an example.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theitalian

Hey says you can get more detailed information from the movie MIB... He's either been drinking to much, or he's yanking on the worlds chain mate. Some times people take a joke and try to run with it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

There's no need to sound so defensive.
I was merely illustrating some points; in reply to your question regarding

Tell me please, how would it sound if it were true?

Forget not also, this is an open, public forum read by many, and though someone may be addressing "you" personally, they may also be cognizant that you personally aren't the only one reading, where in fact registered members, and a large demographic of lurking non-members are also reading.

Your comments, when you make them, are for everyone.

No personal sleights, if you felt any, were intended.

I realize that this is a public forum, hence my remark "IF it was directed at me".

If I came across as defensive, that wasn't my intent. Just like you, I was only trying to clarify my perspective. I do not feel the need to defend my views. I discuss them for the odd chance that someone might connect with them.

Anyhow, thank you for your concern, but I would have appreciated it more if you had addressed my questions, as I did yours. We're just trying to communicate here, and I guess the internet is not the optimal place for that.

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy
[more

As my Daughter once said, ' you can't argue with the ignorant! '

I get ribbed a lot on here and I take it on the chin. I don't pretend to know it all, but who cares?
One day or NIGHT it might be them!

That said, I don't care what I have seen would blow your mind. It nearly did me, but fortunately I found
That inner strength that we all have in there somewhere. You can see by the Preidents face he isn't joking, nevermind the Father Frost bit!
I was a gibbering reck when aliens presented themselves to me, but for the sake of around. 60 people in a waiting room I had
To stay cool, calm and collected. I did, how I'll never know, but whose to
I couldn't betray them. It hasn't been easy to remain calm though and I have good days and bad.

Maybe they know that. I don't know and don't pretend to know.
All I can say is they have saved my life as a child and for that I am eternally grateful, but they still scare the # out of me from time to time and I don't mind admitting it!

Hx

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Thanks for this video, which is exactly what I had been hoping for. I hadn't seen it yet. I had only seen the off-camera view. The expression of the woman interviewing him indeed makes it clear that this is a joke. It's all in perspective now.

One question remains though. Why would the prime minister of Russia take time out for this kind of nonsense. This was after a 1.5 hour interview. It has the feel of being staged. Can you imagine Obama doing this kind of interview?

soulwaxer
edit on 8-12-2012 by soulwaxer because: ETA

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Looks the most strange joke i ever seen in all my life, but possible now.

edit on 8-12-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Thanks for this video, which is exactly what I had been hoping for. I hadn't seen it yet. I had only seen the off-camera view. The expression of the woman interviewing him indeed makes it clear that this is a joke. It's all in perspective now.

One question remains though. Why would the prime minister of Russia take time out for this kind of nonsense. This was after a 1.5 hour interview. It has the feel of being staged. Can you imagine Obama doing this kind of interview?

soulwaxer

You know what? Maybe he's telling the truth, but he knows that nobody believe in him...

So everyone think now: He's joking, looks the journalist... but he's really serious.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by theitalian

Originally posted by soulwaxer

soulwaxer

You know what? Maybe he's telling the truth, but he knows that nobody believe in him...

So everyone think now: He's joking, looks the journalist... but he's really serious.

And the woman interviewing him knows too.

Anything's possible. Stranger things have happened. Or maybe not...

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Come to think of it, the Russian's aren't exactly known for their sense of humour.
Especially when it comes to things like this.

Its all in the eyes! He wasn't joking.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join