It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Object Quickly Approaching Earth!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

So, um, "WE" are still on the whole Planet X thing?
Is it like Monster X?
Is there a Godzilla planet we can count on to defeat it?

I'm guessing those are newage, spiritual folks. Did you notice, they called earth "her", probably meaning "mother earth".

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
omg. we're all gonna die.

rinse and repeat....

repeated

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by Evildead

Just a guess, 2012DA14?
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
Then of coarse it could be Chinese lanterns, bugs, birds, or other BS that the
nay sayers spew forth.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

And yet, the nay-sayers are always right.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Here's a good explanation as to why we're seeing more comets (and asteroids) recently. It's not necessarily because there's all of a sudden more of them but more because we're better equipped to detect them.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I wish the space-object-naming-guy @ NASA would have a momentary lapse in professionalism and officially name/re-name whatever this is to Nibiru.

Infinite LOL'z for sensible people everywhere.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
Here's a good explanation as to why we're seeing more comets (and asteroids) recently. It's not necessarily because there's all of a sudden more of them but more because we're better equipped to detect them.

But it's ESPECIALLY because survivalists and armageddonites with decent internet connections have access to live feeds of space cameras they aren't trained in reading.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Interesting what NASA is officially saying:

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

"2012 DA14 is too small to be classified as a "Potentially Hazardous Asteroid" (PHA), but it's comparable in size to the object that formed Meteor Crater in Arizona, so clearly the Minor Planet Center should change the definition of a PHA.

It is clear that there are many unknowns regarding the trajectory and things might change unpredictably due to forces in the solar system...

Andro
edit on 9-12-2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I think it might be an alien mothership.

Maybe aliens are finally going to reveal themselves undeniably to the world.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

Well, if ET's ARE monitoring us, I'm sure they'd be aware of all the hype of December 21st, 2012 and who knows...maybe they'd decide that's as good a day than any to officially say "We are here!"
Unfortunately I don't think they want us to know they're here. Prime directive BS.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by delusion

Originally posted by Evildead

But it's ESPECIALLY because survivalists and armageddonites with decent internet connections have access to live feeds of space cameras they aren't trained in reading.

Yea, it's like giving a baby a small telescope.
Most likely they will put the eyepiece in their mouth and suck on it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Read through the thread, everything you need to know about this comet (C/2012 V4) is in here.

How and where to see it, it's history etc etc...

All in these 8 or so pages.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Double post

My bad!

edit on 9/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Or see Inter-dimensional Zeta Reticulan motherships refueling their flux infused warp drives around the sun...

Much the same methinks!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Say it was massive and big enough to cause massive damage, could they fire off multiple nukes and have a chance of hitting it to break it up ?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by charlyv

Or see Inter-dimensional Zeta Reticulan motherships refueling their flux infused warp drives around the sun...

Much the same methinks!

Actually, it's most definately not an Inter-Dimensional Zeta Reticulan Mothership. I should know b/c I'm eating a Blimpie's sub in the captain's chair of the ONLY IDZRM this side of the Milky Way! And I just happen to be floating cloaked above your house at this very moment.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Ebyeck

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanDanIlluminatiMan
Ebyeck

ebchcka chnga chnga eeee urrr woooowa eeeeba ritwurr

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDinkinDunken

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by charlyv

Much the same methinks!

Actually, it's most definately not an Inter-Dimensional Zeta Reticulan Mothership. I should know b/c I'm eating a Blimpie's sub in the captain's chair of the ONLY IDZRM this side of the Milky Way! And I just happen to be floating cloaked above your house at this very moment.

I call hoax! Due to iron depletion in the Reticulan galaxy, even a simple plate of liver and onions costs more than the GNP of the US these days so there's no way Blimpie's Reticulan franchise is still open.

Hoaxer!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

.0034 AU is ~510,000 km not 500 km - about 1.328 lunar distances.

Not a threat.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stinka
Say it was massive and big enough to cause massive damage, could they fire off multiple nukes and have a chance of hitting it to break it up ?

well, breaking it up would only make it worse.... imagine all those little pieces falling all around the globe...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join