It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safest destinations if WWIII broke out.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So imagine waking up one morning to find watching the news and you see tensions between the most powerfull countries in the world and an escalation starts to hit in. If you were to make a decision based on choice of selling of vital belongings and packing up a bag and fleeing your home country a mist a big nuclear war where would the safest destination be to travel to which is less likely to be hit by a nuclear missle(s)

Some people think its wrong to leave your loved ones behind to suffer and may take them along and some people may have no point but to stay behind.

edit on 7-12-2012 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2012 by deviant300 because: Correction to Sentence

edit on 7-12-2012 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Small islands in the Pacific. The world has evolved to much for just a select few had weapons to fight a modern war. Now even the poorest of countries have modern weapons or can buy them.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Good question. I've thought the same thought - but I do not have an answer to your question.

Hopefully someone with more info will chime in.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Considering this might really happen? Hmm... I'm not sure I'd want to share that idea with the whole world. lol... Oh heck, it's already shared far and wide. Southwest Missouri/Northern Arkansas/Eastern Oklahoma. That's where I am..and not entirely by accident.

Why? This area sits out of downwind paths to any nuclear reactors in the region. There are no major military targets within 150 miles or so ....and this entire area is honeycombed with caverns and old limestone mines. Plenty of places to safely get lost if getting lost is the order of the day.

On the other hand.. You could go to New York, Washington, Baltimore or Los Angeles. I mean, if survival bothers someone, those places would insure no pain and near instant blackness when the time comes.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I'm heading to KwaZulu-Natal (Zulu Land, S.A.), S. Africa or in the vicinity at least. Sounds dangerous, but it isn't.

KwaZulu-Natal

ETA
I am very familiar with the area, people, terrain and it would be the safest for me, my family and loved ones. Plenty of farm land, mineral rights (already owned) and water. I doubt such a calamity would take place though.
edit on 12/7/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
my family ranch in Nebraska. 16 sections of land and around 800 head of cattle i should be just fine

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There will not be any world war. The nuclear arsenals are disabled and TPTB will lose control starting Dec 21. I hope you put away some supplies because you will need them. Great time to be alive, tricky staying that way.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I know you asked about packing belongings and gathering loved ones. I am most concerned with those that live closest.

Now? Where to go?

Pretty sure I could find some good desolate back country near my home. I'd need water & trees. Enough seed and canned to keep us working for a year. I have no compunctions about saying I would loot along the way.

If the world goes Hell Bent For Leather? I'm holing up, hunkering down, and taking your shtuff

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I know you asked about packing belongings and gathering loved ones. I am most concerned with those that live closest.

Now? Where to go?

Pretty sure I could find some good desolate back country near my home. I'd need water & trees. Enough seed and canned to keep us working for a year. I have no compunctions about saying I would loot along the way.

If the world goes Hell Bent For Leather? I'm holing up, hunkering down, and taking your shtuff

You go for it, but you might bite off more than you can chew if you run into me and my group.
We are set in a swampy area with lots of deer some cattle and a few horses.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
WTSHTF I will board a 100 day world cruise and commandeer the ship as soon as TSHTF.
Me and my crew will then eat off the passengers one by one until we figure out where to go and pillage next.
That should give us time and safety will being in a moving target and most likely safe from the atrocities that will be taking place on dry land everywhere.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I hate to say this but I don't think there will be anywhere safe
in the United States. Once WW III starts, the object will be to try and
completely destroy eachother.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not sure I'd want to share that idea with the whole world. lol... Oh heck, it's already shared far and wide. Southwest Missouri/Northern Arkansas/Eastern Oklahoma. That's where I am..and not entirely by accident.

EXACTLY why I am here also.....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I'm going camping in one of the many state parks here in my state. There's lots of food out here in the form of , trees, shrooms , plants, wildlife , fishing. Enough for everyone in the state. If it get's really crazy, Canada is very close.
Me and my friends will be just fine.
edit on 7-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

My nephew would blow you out of the ocean in two seconds. ROFLMAO.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Now? Where to go?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I live in Canada...and id say its probably going to fare better than the USA......
Vancouver island is my bailiwick at present, but id soon head uop the coast a ways and hide out in one of the majorly huge INLETS along the western coast of the mainland or the north end of the island.....
Relatively few people, nearly Inaccessable except by boat in many cool places......
The west coast natives were NOT a SKINNY PEOPLE!
The foraging is excellent.both ocean, and landside, with water up the ying thats clean and good to drink....
Alaska would be too far north and it will be hit by a nuke or two or three.......
Atlan lake is as far north as id go.......along the NORTH COAST...
AND .................................GOOD LUCK ALL.......

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Try Australia or New Zealand. Down south we are protected by thousands of kilometres of ocean. Although if there was a full scale nuclear war nuclear fallout and nuclear winter would reach all over the globe. Anywhere in America would probably be fubar, you'd need some kind of bunker with food and water for 6 months. If you survived the initial strike the radiation would be the killer.
Don't hold your breath I don't think WW3 will happen anytime soon, but in 100 years who knows.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Away from metropolitan cites especially in the US in other words I'm screwed

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I've been wondering the same thing these last few months and to be honest I think I will be staying right where I am. I live in a small country town on the Murray River in south-western NSW Australia. My family and I are 480 km's from the nearest capital city and there are no military bases anywhere near us.
I have recently bought a solar-panel, a generator, stocked up on food and fuel and extra medicines such as anti-biotics and asthma medications. (most of my family suffers from asthma) Just in case.
I think that if war was to break out it would be a while before it affected us down here in Oz.
Though this is only my opinion and I would be glad to hear anyone elses thoughts on whether or not Australia would be safer than say, America or England, Germany etc. If WWIII was to break out.
) ...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PetesPloota

Survival, is a state of mind bud....I would get some knowledge of local plants that can be used for asthma relief because the drugstore wont be opening again soon after such a scenario......................
Maybe theres a few other natural remedies available as well...
Quinine (anti malarial, comes from the bark of a tree.....
fruit with vitamin C staves off scurvey.......that kind of stuff....
Though i do think that well be trying to survive for however long at great strain, only to perish from radiation poisoning.....
There will be new rules and old patterns of behaviour will no longer apply......
Rememeber the My hand is empty gesture and a few other common signs for wordless communication?
because youll be communicating with strangers only at a distance.......
Lifes gonna get a lot more simple alright, but a helluva lot more deadly........
peace......s

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join