It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic party and their terrible racist history!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I dont care what the party did a 100 years ago. But I do think they are way too preoccupied with issues of RACE today. Their whole platform is to appeal to RACE, to appeal to "minority groups", to view people of different skin color as oppressed and needy, etc.

It doesnt matter to me what someones "race" is and if democrats wouldnt always be bringing the subject up Id just forget about it and be color blind. Telling Republicans they have to focus on and appeal to Hispanics and Blacks is subtly racist imo. Creating affirmative action programs that favor someone for the color of their skin is also subtly racist. We need to move beyond seeing everything in terms of "race" and instead do what is good for all people, rich, poor, white, black, young, old, male, female. The polarization is getting old.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

if you can't do a bit of research to see that the Democrats used to be the more conservative party, so it makes a great difference in your point. In fact, it sort of makes it irrelevant.

Uhh, clearly I did the research...Hence the thread... I'm well aware they were more conservative.

Yes, the Democratic party has a nasty history with the KKK, but at that time, they were the more conservative party of the two.

Good for you, you understand the thread. Now you can leave cause you have nothing constructive to add..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I dont care what the party did a 100 years ago. But I do think they are way too preoccupied with issues of RACE today. Their whole platform is to appeal to RACE, to appeal to "minority groups", to view people of different skin color as oppressed and needy, etc.

It doesnt matter to me what someones "race" is and if democrats wouldnt always be bringing the subject up Id just forget about it and be color blind. Telling Republicans they have to focus on and appeal to Hispanics and Blacks is subtly racist imo. Creating affirmative action programs that favor someone for the color of their skin is also subtly racist. We need to move beyond seeing everything in terms of "race" and instead do what is good for all people, rich, poor, white, black, young, old, male, female. The polarization is getting old.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Ahh finally! An educated response! Thank you..

I agree with you completely. And I think it's funny that if you look at it today you will find that a lot of Democratic backed legislation is the type of legislation that destroy's minorities still to this day. Such as rampant abortion in the black community, Disarming of citizens, and of course, welfare....Which has destroyed the well being of millions of minority families and has made a society of dependants. It would in fact suffice to say that the rascism in the Democratic party still exists in it's legislation..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by foodstamp
I never said otherwise slick.....Basically you said I did.. Cause you are Assuming...

I never said you did anything. Just pointing out that when you choose to bash one side, with something that both sides are guilty of, it makes you look like you are being partisan. You could have made a post about racism in government, but you chose to only point it out in one party.

My name is not slick, have some manners.

edit on 1/2/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

I could of posted about MANY things.. I CHOSE to post about the KKK and the Democratic party. Obviously you have a problem with that..

But thank you for telling me what I COULD'VE posted about.. Your opinion is noted. Thank you..Now, if you could add to the actual thread that'd be great... Anok..... Something tells me that's not your real name either

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Do you not realize that the parties go in cycles through every 50 years or so? The democrats of those times are the republicans of today. They go full circle.

If Lincoln was alive today, his own philosophy and ideas would be aligned with the Democratic party, not the republican party. He's the complete opposite of what republicans are today (and the Tea Party is just a more extreme version of republicans).

You may not like it, but that's the way it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Today's Democrats are the Republicans of old

Today's Republicans are the Democrats of old.
edit on 12/7/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

guess I should have read further

You are exactly right!!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

LOL and your real name is foodstamp?
(singular lol)

I was just pointing out why people would see your OP as being partisan. There is racism on both sides, so why would you not address that if you were not partisan?

If you're not being partisan you should read my reply as helping you, but instead you're getting all shirty and throwing insults around. Not helping yourself mate.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Anok, take a look at the posts against me! You wouldn't take offense? I've been insulted, threatened and ridiculed for stating a fact... You have contributed to the brow-beating so don't play like your here to help me make a better post.

I'm done replying, clearly you have nothing to add to this thread.
edit on 1/2/1313 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

My post is not about PARTISANSHIP! It's about the KKK, and the democratic party. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Matter of fact... Don't answer that... I don't care...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthxbai

Do you not realize that the parties go in cycles through every 50 years or so? The democrats of those times are the republicans of today. They go full circle.

If Lincoln was alive today, his own philosophy and ideas would be aligned with the Democratic party, not the republican party. He's the complete opposite of what republicans are today (and the Tea Party is just a more extreme version of republicans).

You may not like it, but that's the way it is.

50 year cycles? I can see a difference in the parties from back then to now.. But I don't see where you get a 50 year cycle idea.. How do you come to this conclusion? Seems that republicans have had about the same ideals (Not including NEOCONS) for the last 100 years or so...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

Anok, take a look at the posts against me! You wouldn't take offense? I've been insulted, threatened and ridiculed for stating a fact... You have contributed to the brow-beating so don't play like your here to help me make a better post.

My post is not about PARTISANSHIP! It's about the KKK, and the democratic party. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Matter of fact... Don't answer that... I don't care...

You made an admittedly trollish thread and then you whine and cry when you recieve negative responses? It's quite clear you were trying to stir the pot to get a smell and after you got it, you didn't like it.

I have no respect for someone who behaves in this way. It shows an extreme lack of maturity and intelligence and shows nothing more than a racist partisan trying to be "cute". When the cuteness fails, you get upset and try to say you've been attacked and those big bad people are mean to you.

You got the appropriate feedback for what you posted. In fact, the feedback you got is much more respectful, intelligent and mature than the original post was.

It has been clearly explained to you that today's democrats are liberal, the democrats of many years ago were conservative. The only thing they have in common is the same name. Everything else about them has changed. The same goes for the republicans. What was once a very liberal party seeking social justice for all is now the polar opposite. The two parties have basically traded places, yet you attempt to be "cute" about it, then get upset that it didn't go the way you wanted.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

50 year cycles? I can see a difference in the parties from back then to now.. But I don't see where you get a 50 year cycle idea.. How do you come to this conclusion? Seems that republicans have had about the same ideals (Not including NEOCONS) for the last 100 years or so...

estimation because it's not worth going to the trouble to find the exact number. If this had been a thread that was researched and posted with intelligence and honesty, I'd go to more trouble finding an exact figure. Since it isn't, you get an estimate.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthxbai

reply to post by ANOK

You made an admittedly trollish thread and then you whine and cry when you recieve negative responses? It's quite clear you were trying to stir the pot to get a smell and after you got it, you didn't like it.

I have no respect for someone who behaves in this way. It shows an extreme lack of maturity and intelligence and shows nothing more than a racist partisan trying to be "cute". When the cuteness fails, you get upset and try to say you've been attacked and those big bad people are mean to you.

You got the appropriate feedback for what you posted. In fact, the feedback you got is much more respectful, intelligent and mature than the original post was.

It has been clearly explained to you that today's democrats are liberal, the democrats of many years ago were conservative. The only thing they have in common is the same name. Everything else about them has changed. The same goes for the republicans. What was once a very liberal party seeking social justice for all is now the polar opposite. The two parties have basically traded places, yet you attempt to be "cute" about it, then get upset that it didn't go the way you wanted.

Your post is totally based on presumptions about who you think I am. I don't even know where to beign with you and your prejudice about me or my post. All I know is I don't want to bother...

When you go around insulting people and their threads and insulting people's intelligence as if you were superior in some manner (A Manner you have yet to prove) then you've contributed nothing to this thread...

I get it.. the party's are different now.. No kidding, Thank you for pointing out the obvious. If that's what your going to post in order to affirm to yourself that your are an intelligent observer then good for you.. However, some other people here are actually able to have a conversation about the subject at hand without insults..

I thought for a second there even you were going to intrigue me with an interesting angle about 50 year cycles... Clearly I'm mistaken. You've come to insult and degrade.... There's enough people like that where I live, I don't need more on my threads too.

Congratulations.. You've wasted my time and upset me.. I hope you got what you wanted.. Because by the content of your posts, I can't imagine you were looking for much more.

How dare you accuse me of lacking maturity when your posts are nothing but childish rantings and insults... Wake up and smell the coffee..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Clearly I'm mistaken. You've come to insult and degrade.... There's enough people like that where I live, I don't need more on my threads too.

When you set that tone with your opening post, that's what you're going to get in return.

Not bothering with the rest of your rant as it clearly shows what your intention is.

Shameful, absolutely shameful.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The only thing I see is the Democrats have taken the ideologies of the Republicans and ran so far with that ball, they've come out on the other side of the fence. That is what makes Republicans look so conservative- they haven't changed position.

There's a saying: "If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****."
Nothing the Democrats do today is brilliant and it's all covered in ....

For that reason, I believe:
If Martin Luther King Jr. were alive today he'd likely still be a Republican.
Lincoln, today, would still be a Republican.
Both could see through the Democrat's plans.

edit on 1/2/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

If Martin Luther King Jr. were alive today he'd likely still be a Republican.

Huh? King did not endorse either party officially but he did vote Democrat. Hoover had him investigated for being a communist.

"I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses ... And I'm not inextricably bound to either party." Martin Luther King Jr.

"In the past I always voted the Democratic ticket." Martin Luther King Jr.

"I felt that Kennedy would make the best president. I never came out with an endorsement. My father did, but I never made one." Martin Luther King Jr.

"Had President Kennedy lived, I would probably have endorsed him in 1964." Martin Luther King Jr.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

www.liveleak.com...

I bring up this link because I was watching the local news and seen a bunch of progressives once again labeling the TEA party as a bunch of racists. I wonder if these same people know even a little bit about the history of the democratic party.

The Democratic party has been slowly killing off minority populations with there political policy's since their inception! Here's a few tidbits of info. Please check the above link out first. It's about the KKK and the democratic party. Very good..

Wikipedia = Ku Klux Klan
" the Klan targeted freedmen and their allies; it sought to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans. In 1870 and 1871, the federal government passed the..."

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's some more from a black perspective.

www.nationalblackrepublicans.com...

Anyone want to argue these facts? I'm sure ATS has a few democrats

edit on 12/6/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

One thing I know is that the states that had Jim Crow policies turned in Republican/GOP
and are now Red States. The cultural segregationist racists jumped ship when the Democratic
party reversed course.

Now those racists are mixed in with GOP homophobes, states rights nuts and religious fanatics.

Slavery and Jim Crow was perpetuated by the insistence that States Rights allowed for
both.

Confederates States

South Carolina
Mississippi
Florida
Alabama
Georgia
Louisiana
Texas
Virginia
Arkansas
North Carolina
Tennessee
Missouri
Kentucky

edit on 2-1-2013 by kingking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

One thing I know is that the states that had Jim Crow policies turned in Republican/GOP
and are now Red States. The cultural segregationist racists jumped ship when the Democratic
party reversed course.

Well, I can't say this is fact, but my common sense would tell me that Confederate states were all VERY supportive to states rights. Republicans for the most part have also been in line with this ideal. Even to this day.
My gut would tell me that Republicans and confederate states would align together for that reason more so than them uniting out of hatred for brown people.

But I can't prove that...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

party reversed course.

Well, I can't say this is fact, but my common sense would tell me that Confederate states were all VERY supportive to states rights. Republicans for the most part have also been in line with this ideal. Even to this day.
My gut would tell me that Republicans and confederate states would align together for that reason more so than them uniting out of hatred for brown people.

But I can't prove that...

The Confederate states and segregationist states used state sovereignty as a way to enslave
and disenfranchise people.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The Confederate states and segregationist states used state sovereignty as a way to enslave
and disenfranchise people.

Yes, they used it as a way justify being able to do so.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join