It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences of Knowing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is a thought I've had for about a year now or so and I've never really looked into it much and most likely has been stated before if not a common grounds among philosophic literature. Anyways, it's basically this:

In our current lifetime, the reason that we'll most likely never be able to ineffably prove or disprove the existence of a god (synonymous to anything like creator) or afterlife is because in our current level of evolution among our consciousness and species is too "low" and that if anyone were to know and make known globally definite evidence of such or lack thereof, it would cause a completely different mentality among everyone living.

*Afterlife is anything that is said to possibly occur after one physically dies, e.g: Heaven, reincarnation, Hell, etc.
*The disproving of such would also completely eliminate theoretical and quantum physic fields that discuss possibilities of different realities, dimensions, entanglement, etc. as well as the existence of extraterrestrial life, the soul, demons, spirits, ghosts, angels, and any other entities.

I can't really say as to what I think it would be like if a god's existence and the afterlife was definitely proven and made publicly known because I'm unsure how to word out correctly what would result consequentially.

As for the definite proof that there was no god or afterlife and made publicly known, I have a few questions. Would the fear of death, damnation, and among typically other religiously influenced factors currently affecting us, disappear? What would happen to morality? Assuming that the proof of this showed that when you die absolutely nothing happens to you, - that's just it and you're done - would it change people's worldview on living (and in general) in "the now"?

That's essentially it because I'm not sure as to how I'm supposed to write my conjecture[s] when I haven't entirely finished thinking it out thoroughly, so feel free to give me any feed back, thoughts, or anything else. Anything's welcomed.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Philosophile because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If it was proven, life would be meaningless. People must find God on their own path, those who fail simply get reincarnated. Those succeed, shall move onto the next phase whatever that may be. There is a reason why people say 'Life is a game' or a 'simulation' of some sort. People are close to the truth because deep down inside their very fiber of a soul is where the answer lies.

Death is not the end. Take comfort in that at night next time you sleep, for life is the most beautiful thing that God has ever given us.

Such a complex topic, I could go on and on but might as well keep it simple so people will actually read what I say

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
If it was proven, life would be meaningless. People must find God on their own path, those who fail simply get reincarnated. Those succeed, shall move onto the next phase whatever that may be. There is a reason why people say 'Life is a game' or a 'simulation' of some sort. People are close to the truth because deep down inside their very fiber of a soul is where the answer lies.

Death is not the end. Take comfort in that at night next time you sleep, for life is the most beautiful thing that God has ever given us.

Such a complex topic, I could go on and on but might as well keep it simple so people will actually read what I say

I don't believe life would be 100% meaningless but rather regarded more precious than people currently do. Where have you learned your understandings of reincarnation? Nice point, by the way.

I don't fear death, but dying rather in the sense that I don't like the idea of being murdered, drowning, or any other scenario that causes death besides old age or instantaneously.

COMPLEX. That's the word I was looking for in describing my inability to articulate precisely. I agree, too.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Philosophile

The consequences to KNOWING what really occurs after death, where we go and why, and therefore about this thing we call 'god', is to be considered a nutcase by 99% of the population.

Why? Because Belief still outweighs real experience in most people's minds.

And there we have something of importance. Belief.. I've been saying here since 2003 that BELIEF is the cause of all our problems, all our misperceptions and lack of clear perception. Sadly, most people simply are not ready yet to drop ALL beliefs and actually learn reality from putting in the effort required to Learn, Grow, to Know what you are and why you chose to be here this time.

So, Laziness would seem to be the key factor. It is far easier to simply Believe than it is to Know from direct experience. Add Fear to the equation as most are afraid to put themselves out of their Box and thus be seen as Retarded by all the Believers in various systems.

Sad really.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Regarding the existence of God... Some have a God that is proven to exist already, as a fact.

For example, many believe that the entire Universe and beyond is God's body. Life itself is God's mind at work. Evolution, physics, everything, is God's thoughts (just a simple way to understand it). Some call that Pantheism.

To them, it's not a matter of observing things and simply proclaiming, "a God must be doing it!", and believing it based on faith. It's a matter of knowing that All things make up One thing, and that One thing as a whole contains all things, including all consciousness, all power, all knowledge, all creation, all life, and everything that will ever exist. There is nothing greater nor lesser than that One thing, because it will always be The All. We are experiencing The All, and that experience (life) was given to us by The All, so there is no doubting The All's existence. The only thing you can doubt is that The All has an ultimate plan for itself, and is actively trying to achieve that plan... That we will never know for a fact.

When you see a dog, and you know it is a "dog", you know it as a fact. It's not a belief, or faith, it's simply a knowing that the animal is a dog, and you label it a dog. It's the same for God to some. They see The All, and know it's "The All", and it's a fact.
edit on 6-12-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yes yes Knowing I died when I was 13, your speaking from the minds reality of a concept using believing and beliefs and religion concepts. Your stuck inside your minds literally. I don't use use God or Creator I use infinite one or infinity as a human you can't touch it with your mind and build a concept out of it, they made God and Creator with human concepts, stone age get rid of it. Yes the infinite one that has all the words, has all the maths as well

The infinite one is connected to all things, including you yourself. Everyone basically lives in a concept of reality yourself also lives in a concept of the mind, the mirror image is reality, the shadow of self. If everyone is connected to infinity than why can not you communicate with it? I can communicate with it, I come from the answer not the question. You have to change and come out of the mind and the concept of the mind, your view is polluted with the design of the concept and the constructs that makes the view, the very reason it exists, concepts are not real, we think there real as were told it is, and we just accept it, there inherent from our peers. you get stuck in the mind running a concept made from constructs in a world that mirrors the concept, It's a living reality of a concept, and believing in it makes it real, believing in the beliefs makes it real. No difference than a religion.
You have to find your self in order to get out of the mind, start using your hearts your spirit and from there ask the infinite one to show your self than listen with the heart the spirit for your answers.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
To comment on the point I think you were trying to discuss, OP...

I believe everyone would act different if they personally "knew" the existence of God, or an afterlife, or heaven or hell, etc..

I know there exists millions of people who live life selfishly, step on everyone, rip people off, gain from others misfortunes, and only care about their own life and family and nobody else, and trash Earth, and wildlife, and Nature, etc. simply because they believe, "they only live once, there is no God, there is no afterlife, no heaven or hell, they wont be alive to see their effects on Earth, etc..". So, all their actions revolve around enjoying themselves, and not caring about anything else.

If they "knew" something like reincarnation was real, I'm sure they would probably treat the Earth a little better so they have something nice to come back to. I'm sure they would treat everyone nice because, who knows, maybe they will be reincarnated into their enemy's family if they didn't. If they "knew" the heaven or hell was real, I'm sure they would do everything they could to go to heaven.

Is that what you were suggesting OP?

edit on 6-12-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Great thread op.
I respect your thought processs and intentions.
Personally I think we all know we are the driver..and at the end of the road there's yourself waiting for you.
Can you hear me calling you?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminated0ne

I know what a dog is but I do not know what a dog is. I also do not know what I am. Do you know what you are?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

If it was proven, life would be meaningless.

The only meaning of life is the meaning we choose. We experience subjectively. The less you define, the closer you are to finding god, because God is that which cannot be defined. Find yourself. I'll give you a hint. No matter what you think you are, you are not. Discover the mystery.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

The only meaning of life is the meaning we choose. We experience subjectively. The less you define, the closer you are to finding god, because God is that which cannot be defined. Find yourself. I'll give you a hint. No matter what you think you are, you are not. Discover the mystery.

No one chooses anything. All just happens.
'Definitions' are no more than drawing imaginary lines. It is one yet words delude one into believing that there is more than one.

Oneness hides behind the words, definitions and beliefs.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

D

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Do we choose to realize this?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I am me,inside this body, i dont like it very much, its heavy and it hurts.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Do we choose to realize this?

There is no one to choose. It all just happens.
It realizes when it realizes.
Can you get a joke before you get the joke?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

No.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

What are you?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

What are you?

I am nothing and I am all there is.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

What are you?

And what is that?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

What are you?

And what is that?

Everything and nothing. I am all there is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join