It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences of Knowing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

reply to post by Itisnowagain

The term, "you" is subjective. The fact is that existence is absolute.

Nice words but what does it mean?

"The fact is that existence is absolute." End quote.

Existence is what is. There is no meaning that is absolute. The meaning is to be.

Exist means to stand out - it is what can be seen as form.
The form is formed from no form. Emptiness is forming.
I would say that the absolute is the no form that forms the form.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Existence is what is. There is no is not. The forms exist, but the form you see is not necessarily the form that is.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Existence is what is. There is no is not. The forms exist, but the form you see is not necessarily the form that is.

The form appears to exist and then doesn't. What is seen is constantly changing. The sound you hear now will not stay the same, it changes constantly. The appearance is transitory. It only appears to exist.

What 'never appears' to exist is the real - the absolute. It is always present and never changes.
All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Although you can take the conditioning caused by words away, you can't remove all conditioning because you are still seeing from a human viewpoint. You are bound to conditioning through your anatomy. You have not forgotten the labels you once described things as. You still use the information you have learned and still apply it to your life. Only now, you also know that your perspective is not absolute.

So its okay to have a subjective perspective as long as you know it is not absolute. But it is even more okay to do what you know you can do to soften the illusions as much as you can. And that will probably enough to at least end your suffering.

Words appear and are seen as words appearing, the words are seen as words - just approximations, assumptions, ideas.
However, the words cannot appear outside of presence.

Has your suffering ended?
Your suffering cannot end until there is no 'you' left to suffer.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I feel like all is one creator. Existence is the absolute truth which allows for creation to manifest. We are that existence and the creations are coming from us. The creations are also what we are because they also exist. So we are both the creator and the created. So what should we do? Should we create what we were created to create? What then, could we create that we were not created to create?

I can follow this belief and there should be no possibility of hatred because I am the creative existence within all. Creation manifests itself through me for me to see but what I see always will limit the full truth of what I am.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

So what should we do?

See the glory, hear the glory - which does not have to be done by anyone.
Try to stop the seeing and hearing.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Philosophile

it would seem like a really bad bet to make against the progress of science.

Sounds like your making the all to common Mysticism of the gaps argument.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yea, there is consequences to being awake thats for sure. I wish the navy did not wake me up back 1986. I was much happier not knowing what I know - now, every time I have to sign an official document that requires my signature I have to put - Signed Under Duress under my signature. and I have to add on goverment citizenship acknowledgements [X] Born in North Carolina -- instead of US Citizen ... and I'm sure they have a bunk with my name on it in a FEMA Camp.... but once your awake -- you just cant go back to sleep.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

So what should we do?

See the glory, hear the glory.

As a creative being, this makes sense to me, although the glory is of my own making.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

So what should we do?

As a creative being, this makes sense to me, although the glory is of my own making.

It is all you. You created it and you see it.
There is nothing more.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

So what should we do?

The creative being is so creative that he pretends there is more than this and believes it for a while.
He plays hide and seek.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
If it was proven, life would be meaningless. People must find God on their own path, those who fail simply get reincarnated. Those succeed, shall move onto the next phase whatever that may be. There is a reason why people say 'Life is a game' or a 'simulation' of some sort. People are close to the truth because deep down inside their very fiber of a soul is where the answer lies.

Death is not the end. Take comfort in that at night next time you sleep, for life is the most beautiful thing that God has ever given us.

Such a complex topic, I could go on and on but might as well keep it simple so people will actually read what I say

LOL Absolutely nothing (NOTHING!) in this post can be substantiated.

God
Reincarnation
Next phase
People close to the truth
Soul
Death is not the end.

You've made it all up, and yet you believe it 100%. The OP is right; our evolution of consciousness is too low.
edit on 12/8/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

If it was proven, life would be meaningless. People must find God on their own path, those who fail simply get reincarnated. Those succeed, shall move onto the next phase whatever that may be. There is a reason why people say 'Life is a game' or a 'simulation' of some sort. People are close to the truth because deep down inside their very fiber of a soul is where the answer lies.

Death is not the end. Take comfort in that at night next time you sleep, for life is the most beautiful thing that God has ever given us.

Such a complex topic, I could go on and on but might as well keep it simple so people will actually read what I say

God
Reincarnation
Next phase
Soul
Death is not the end.

You've made it all up, and yet you believe it 100%. The OP is right; our evolution of consciousness is too low.

If you had no words at your disposal what would you be?
You have made yourself up. You are the imagination of yourself. You have formed yourself out of nothing.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminated0ne
Regarding the existence of God... Some have a God that is proven to exist already, as a fact.

For example, many believe that the entire Universe and beyond is God's body. Life itself is God's mind at work. Evolution, physics, everything, is God's thoughts (just a simple way to understand it). Some call that Pantheism.

To them, it's not a matter of observing things and simply proclaiming, "a God must be doing it!", and believing it based on faith. It's a matter of knowing that All things make up One thing, and that One thing as a whole contains all things, including all consciousness, all power, all knowledge, all creation, all life, and everything that will ever exist. There is nothing greater nor lesser than that One thing, because it will always be The All. We are experiencing The All, and that experience (life) was given to us by The All, so there is no doubting The All's existence. The only thing you can doubt is that The All has an ultimate plan for itself, and is actively trying to achieve that plan... That we will never know for a fact.

When you see a dog, and you know it is a "dog", you know it as a fact. It's not a belief, or faith, it's simply a knowing that the animal is a dog, and you label it a dog. It's the same for God to some. They see The All, and know it's "The All", and it's a fact.
edit on 6-12-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

If we are a part of this 'ALL', then why are we confined to just one planet? The earth is one teenie-weenie tiny insignificant infinitesimal particle of dust in an infinite universe. It's like saying one grain of rice is important to our galaxy. Even if there is life on other planets, these planets are so few and far between that it would render life meaningless in the greater scheme of things.

Is there an "ALL"? I don't know, but I will say that if there is, the god of this ALL is no more aware of us than we are aware of a particular grain of sand in a desert.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminated0ne

To them, it's not a matter of observing things and simply proclaiming, "a God must be doing it!", and believing it based on faith. It's a matter of knowing that All things make up One thing, and that One thing as a whole contains all things, including all consciousness, all power, all knowledge, all creation, all life, and everything that will ever exist. There is nothing greater nor lesser than that One thing, because it will always be The All. We are experiencing The All, and that experience (life) was given to us by The All, so there is no doubting The All's existence. The only thing you can doubt is that The All has an ultimate plan for itself, and is actively trying to achieve that plan... That we will never know for a fact.

The all is the all yet there is a belief that the all can be experienced. Everyone is looking for the all, lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

God
Reincarnation
Next phase
Soul
Death is not the end.

If you had no words at your disposal what would you be?
You have made yourself up. You are the imagination of yourself. You have formed yourself out of nothing.

How does your statement prove:
God
Reincarnation
Next phase
Soul
Death is not the end.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

God
Reincarnation
Next phase
Soul
Death is not the end.

Absolutely nothing (NOTHING!) in this post can be substantiated.
Can anything be proved to exist?
What is the one thing you can be sure of? Anything? Nothing?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

God
Reincarnation
Next phase
Soul
Death is not the end.

rrrrrrrrRIGHT!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

God
Reincarnation
Next phase
Soul
Death is not the end.

rrrrrrrrRIGHT!

What is the one thing you can be sure of?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

That people care more about what makes them comfortable than whats true.

But alot of people are guilty of that... its so tempting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join