posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
1. Eliminate the individual income tax. No more individual income taxes for anyone or income taxes withheld, except FICA and Medicare.
What this would do: Jump start an economic boon never seen in this country. Everyone thinks they just got a 25+ % raise. No individual need ever
fear the IRS again.
2. Institute a silent national sales tax. Silent in that it must be added to the price of an item on the shelf, not at the register. This way the
consumer doesn't realize they are paying it.
What this would do: Generate way more income for the national budget than the income tax. No one gets out of paying taxes. Illegal’s, the rich
with fancy tax lawyers, and the 53% of Americans who pay all the taxes will feel the system is fairer. It can also be raised without the average
3. Give sales tax rebates at the end of the year. To be fair to the poor have a sales tax rebate people can apply for once a year based on their
income, with the poor getting the largest rebate and the rich getting zero rebate. This will appease people who count on their annual refund, and is
a way to acceptably redistribute wealth. Do not make filing for a rebate mandatory, there are people who would not want to file for whatever reason
leaving more money in the treasury. Have a one month filing period 1 Sept to 30 Sept of each year.
4. The person who passes this will not only save the country, but put themselves in a position to do social engineering. Instead of tax
“credits” as social engineering, people can apply for “rebates” for items at the end of each year. The popular tax credits can be turned into
5. Change the year end to fiscal year end. October. Therefore, rebates arrive just before the holidays, spurring more spending and therefore,
stimulating the economy.
If Obama did this, our economy won't die the slow death it is now going through. It would rebound like a rocket shooting for the moon. He'd be so
popular people would clamor for the repeal of Presidential term limits.