It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to Social Security office in Texas and didn't hear English spoken for 30 minutes

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I'm temporally stationed here at NAS Ft. Worth JRB, I too am appalled at having to
hablan español, practically everywhere I go off base.

You shouldn't have to. No one should be forced to speak a foreign language in their own country unless they are dealing with international businesses.

For any foreigner coming here to live and demanding/expecting us to speak 'their' language is arrogant and disrespectful.

There are many jobs across the US where 'we' are required to speak Spanish. You can't even get a simple factory job in some areas. This is un-acceptable to most Americans. No decent human being would move to another country and force their language down the host country's throat. Many Americans are feeling like strangers in their own home land as if they were the ones who left their country and not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

Way to cherry pick. Her tirade is laced with intolerance.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

I'm temporally stationed here at NAS Ft. Worth JRB, I too am appalled at having to

You shouldn't have to. No one should be forced to speak a foreign language in their own country unless they are dealing with international businesses.

For any foreigner coming here to live and demanding/expecting us to speak 'their' language is arrogant and disrespectful.

Kind of like you? English is not the USA's Federal Language.
Get over it, or start a petition to the Fed.

Wow, you're stationed in Texas and people live there who predominantly speak Spanish? Who would have guessed?
edit on 7-12-2012 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

So the illegals have SS numbers and are paying taxes ? Yes, I think there was some issue of stolen SS numbers. As that is the only way illegals can be doing this. If they are here on a work visa that is different and not "illegal" unless they overstay their visas.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cornczech

To the OP, you are so right.

I used to receive death benefits for my kids from my wife. Once a year every two years I would have to go to the SS office and verify all the beneficiary information for the kids.

NO one spoke English...waiting in the office. I put all their (what I perceived as all my sons' money from their mother) as theirs. So I put all the SS money into a college education fund.

I was told I must spend it...after 5 hours of waiting and watching nothing but scams/scammers.

My reply was I did spend it, "on their future"...the agent said "no". "On clothing, housing, food...." I merely said, "ok...future education, food and clothing etc."...the response was "you must show you spent the money on them every year"....I had the fund info, she would not take it. I spoke to a supervisor after requesting one, she basically told me to lie or I would not get any SSDI for the kids' anymore.

I looked around, in the office with 20-30 agents (all interviewing in several languages) and I said this exactly, "my deceased wife, paid into SS for all her life....and you want me to falsify to 'get paid'..."you did not even have English forms for me in the waiting area"..."you office ran 'out' and I doubt it"...the subject changed quickly.

The agent was aghast that I did not spend the money and placed all of it in education funds equally. By name and in a bank, recorded. Then drafted to to the appropriate funds from said account, to the recipients...which are my children.

I asked, to look at my income...obviously I spend money on them, (schools especially) but the money SSDI provides is what their mother left them, I do not need it. "What if something happened to me?", I asked. The have my POD; but immediately the money their mother left...The answer was they would need to review it now....

My oldest will be 18 in January...but when and how does the government tell me how to spend? I will loose their benefits this year because I put their proceeds toward education and nothing else? I told them to "stick-it"..."don't need it...as much as they need English forms."

It's a scam and anyone can get benefits. The beginning if the end for a once proud US,

MG

""

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear

To the OP, you are so right.

I used to receive death benefits for my kids from my wife. Once a year every two years I would have to go to the SS office and verify all the beneficiary information for the kids.

NO one spoke English...waiting in the office. I put all their (what I perceived as all my sons' money from their mother) as theirs. So I put all the SS money into a college education fund.

I was told I must spend it...after 5 hours of waiting and watching nothing but scams/scammers.

My reply was I did spend it, "on their future"...the agent said "no". "On clothing, housing, food...." I merely said, "ok...future education, food and clothing etc."...the response was "you must show you spent the money on them every year"....I had the fund info, she would not take it. I spoke to a supervisor after requesting one, she basically told me to lie or I would not get any SSDI for the kids' anymore.

I looked around, in the office with 20-30 agents (all interviewing in several languages) and I said this exactly, "my deceased wife, paid into SS for all her life....and you want me to falsify to 'get paid'..."you did not even have English forms for me in the waiting area"..."you office ran 'out' and I doubt it"...the subject changed quickly.

The agent was aghast that I did not spend the money and placed all of it in education funds equally. By name and in a bank, recorded. Then drafted to to the appropriate funds from said account, to the recipients...which are my children.

I asked, to look at my income...obviously I spend money on them, (schools especially) but the money SSDI provides is what their mother left them, I do not need it. "What if something happened to me?", I asked. The have my POD; but immediately the money their mother left...The answer was they would need to review it now....

My oldest will be 18 in January...but when and how does the government tell me how to spend? I will loose their benefits this year because I put their proceeds toward education and nothing else? I told them to "stick-it"..."don't need it...as much as they need English forms."

It's a scam and anyone can get benefits. The beginning if the end for a once proud US,

MG

""

Annnnnd this is because people spoke Spanish?
No. It isn't.

The beginning of the end for a once xenophobic US.
edit on 8-12-2012 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

No Jar head

The system is geared toward paying.

Spanish, are you serious? You are very biased....

How about Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, Spanish, German, all sorts of Indian dialects, even friggin Mongolian...

Xenophobic?? I have no fear...I want anyone illegal out. I mean out.

Not my job or any government to take care of you or any other illegal person US.

That is the law...don't like it, move-on

MG

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

too quick on the trigger, pal. I couldn't care less about the American flag, nor its presumed "pristine"-ness.

I am a murrican hating liberal.

i hate Mexicans just as bad.

accordingly, I doubly hate mexican-americans who passive-aggressively hate on murrican-americans.

as you can see, my foreign policy leaves little room for error.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I too have Native Americn ancestory and our tribe was almost completely wiped out, not by the white men, but by another tribe!

I think its funny that when you speak from your (alleged) native-american pov, you use the term "white men".

like in a cheap western movie. "white men heapum bad"

is it trendy to have native-american blood? I want some!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Can we deport our policy makers that hail from the big Banks and Multi National Corporations to to Mexico since they seem to love the people there so much with their open borders policies?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

It's not trendy...my family fought after signing the Dawes Register to keep hidden and better heads changed all names. Discrimination on a scale no one could ever believe.

Card carrying member here, Choctaw, from Okla. (Durant, OK) , I have little patience with "I need....I want, I expect, where is the check?".... I am ready for "them" to go, and the Indian Nations want the foreigners out...in NM and AZ especially. Texas is coming around finally...

No more free food stamps, no more free cash, no more free housing, no more free hospitalization, no more free births, it goes on.....American Indians want you out. That is where the sticky wicket was missed by Hispanics.

Try and fight the The Nations?....Best of luck....

MG

edit on 8-12-2012 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear

How about Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, Spanish, German, all sorts of Indian dialects, even friggin Mongolian...

Xenophobic?? I have no fear...I want anyone illegal out. I mean out.

Not my job or any government to take care of you or any other illegal person US.

Yea.
That's called xenophobia. lmao.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

I too have Native Americn ancestory and our tribe was almost completely wiped out, not by the white men, but by another tribe!

I think its funny that when you speak from your (alleged) native-american pov, you use the term "white men".

Well that's just racist and ignorant.

I'll just assume every time you talk about black folk you say "African Americans" or "People of African Descent."
edit on 8-12-2012 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by missed_gear

yours is the first mostly reasonable response I have read on this thread. (aside from my opinion on pg2 of course)

if you and your tribesmen succeed in what is probably a futile effort, I will for sure have to submit my adoption papers.

if there were any frontier left, a place that I could stake my claim, I would already be gone.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

OK Xenophobic....

Nice try, I have no fear or 'hate'...because I do not want anyone in my country illegally....? Ah try looking toward laws. Laws are there for a reason Here

Do you think if I broke the law and had to go to jail, a judge would care if I was separated from my family?

What a joke...Choking the 'system' and unemployment is a lack of leadership(s)

Nice try again. I care nothing about anyone here illegally. You will find few generational families do...and Obama, smaller than 1.5%, hairs.

MG

MG

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

racist and ignorant?!

you can't call me that.

just four posts up I called myself a "murrican-hating liberal".

I am way way beyond racist and ignorant. let me outta here.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

No it is called "the law". You break it...go to jail..you come illegally you go away.

"Yeah!?" LOL...I am not PC and will not ever be...that is for those that want to make excuses in language, semantics and ttl bs. If someone is not here legally. You break the laws...know you go...how hard is that...? Same in any other country....

MG

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Thank you for the reply to the post.

There is a quiet outcry to the election, but we do not have to 'hire' just anyone that 'comes-in-the-door'. We can hire only "Native American's" (using that term loosely a.t.m) ...there is a choice, we hire talent. In my private businesses I am moving to have the same choices, my wife is mad I never used the minority status....the CPA knows etal. 1/3 of my employees(private business) could not pass the SS verification currently. I do not want the liability, taxes and costs...to be frank. I will not offer insurance under the new mandates, unless a citizen. (there are reasons for that financially, legally and operationally).

I will start a thread on this. My State Rep... in Texas and State Senator are interested in the facts. I will post.

MG

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Originally posted by Night Star

Kind of like you? English is not the USA's Federal Language.
Get over it, or start a petition to the Fed.

Wow, you're stationed in Texas and people live there who predominantly speak Spanish? Who would have guessed?
edit on 7-12-2012 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

People are fighting for it to be the official language Federally, the only reason it isn't already is because we never had to fight for it before. It was always well understood that English here is the primary language. Until then, we have over 30 States where English is the official language.

I'm not stationed in Texas, you were replying to someone else. I am in Rhode Island.

How am I arrogant and disrespectful for wanting one language to unite us all? If you think Spanish should be a primamry language, you are then leaving out over 300 other languages spoken here. If everyone goes around speaking a different language it would be chaos. Fine if they want to speak it at home, but to be a part of their new Country, to not only survive, but thrive, they should learn English.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

There is no 'alleged'. Where would lying get me? I used the term 'white men', because that's what everyone says. They blame it on the 'white men'. I'm mostly French and Irish, a white woman.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join