How many states opting out of Obamacare or parts thereof, voted for him?

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I’m sitting here wondering how many of the states that voted for Obama have opted out of his Obamacare plan. I can’t call it a healthcare plan because it isn’t . I can’t call it health insurance reform because it isn’t. I can only call it Obamacare because it is a completely non-health issue, yet politically motivated expense issue. I would like to force the states that voted for Obama to accept his Obamacare policies. That would only be fair. After all, they forced all the rest of us to adopt it! What do the ATS members think?




posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel
 


It seems to me that the voters don't really have a say in this. The state mandate sits on the Governors' desks. Just like Arizona's Governor, Jane Brewer is refusing to allow non citizens drivers licences, as per the "Dream Act." Voters don't really have a say in that, do they?



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel
 

Thats an interesting question. What were you able to determine?

Regardless, everyone should have the ability to opt out. No one should be forced by the government to purchase a good or service under threat of fines and imprisonment.

It should come as no surprise that health insurance company stocks were soaring, they've now been guaranteed millions of new customers.



edit on 5-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Gridrebel
 


edit on 5-12-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
There is not an option to opt out.

I think you are confusing the health insurance exchange options (state v federal) with this idea of opting out of the the affordable health care act. States don't have that power.

Individual states have the power to build their own exchange or they can allow the federal government to build and run the exchange.

Facts on ObamaCare

Health insurance exchange



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Gridrebel
 

Thats an interesting question. What were you able to determine?

Regardless, everyone should have the ability to opt out. No one should be forced by the government to purchase a good or service under threat of fines and imprisonment.

It should come as no surprise that health insurance company stocks were soaring, they've now been guaranteed millions of new customers.



edit on 5-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)


Yes, now that Obamacare has taken affect, the health insurance companies will be rich....but what of the insureds???? That is my most concerned. I can't determine because Obamacare has not been completely exposed of the 'what's in it' .



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel
 


By the time the Republican majority Congress got finished with Obama's original proposal for health care, it was unrecognizable. Congress proceeded to block everything that the Obama voters voted for.


edit on 5-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by windword
 


Obama and Congress were united, that's how they were able to get through their agendas. What were you thinking?



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Gridrebel
 


By the time the Republican majority Congress got finished with Obama's original proposal for health care, it was unrecognizable. Congress proceeded to block everything that the Obama voters voted for.


edit on 5-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)


Obama had no proposal that he presented to the public. Goxh, I wixh u had a clue.



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Not sure how many opted out, however the funniest thing that I have ever seen in my life was when our Congress and Senate realized that they where on this amendment, and the lustrious movements that they made within hours of its passage. Kinda of reminded me of "rats" jumping ship. However, did not download that tape for further audiences


Damn I wish I had however



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The deadline for deciding to participate in the exchanges was November 16. But with so many states not committed to the program, Washington has decided to extend the deadline until December 16. From an article dated November 20:

Happily, twenty-two states have stated their intentions not to set up a state exchange:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Wyoming, Wisconsin

www.freedomworks.org...

Hope it helps.



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by windword
 


Obama and Congress were united, that's how they were able to get through their agendas.


Only in conspiracy world were Obama and Congress united. How quickly we forget history!



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by windword
 

Dear windword,

It's good to see you still maintaining your position in the face of challenges. It's a joy to have you around.

I need a little straightening out, though.

Only in conspiracy world were Obama and Congress united. How quickly we forget history!
I've apparently forgotten it. I thought the Democrats won the House in the 2008 elections and came in with Obama, and the Republicans took it back in 2010 with the Tea Party movement. I thought Obamacare was passed before the 2010 elections when the House and Senate were Democrat.

I'd appreciate being corrected.

With respect,
Charles1952



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952
 


It was truly a disappointment to see Obama cave, the way he did, early in his administration. Certainly, he hadn't gained the support needed to push his dream legislation on health care, from Democrats or Republicans. He didn't have the support of Congress. But neither did Bill and Hillary who were also unsuccessful on that front.

As long as lobbyists and special interest own Washington the people's interest will not be met. I'd like to blame the HMO Lobby.
edit on 5-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiteNGale2
There is not an option to opt out.

I think you are confusing the health insurance exchange options (state v federal) with this idea of opting out of the the affordable health care act. States don't have that power.

Individual states have the power to build their own exchange or they can allow the federal government to build and run the exchange.

Facts on ObamaCare

Health insurance exchange


Sorry for the late response but gosh, I see it in the news all the time. Just do a Google search and one would get almost a million results. I believe opting out IS an option. Whatever you want to call it though, word play is just a game. The states that don't want to participate in Obama's health care plan don't have to even though they voted for him. I think that's wrong. It's like saying I love and support you BUT........



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel
 


Well, you would be wrong. Each state can choose to create and manage it's own exchange or opt out and let the federal government run the exchange for that state. There is no opt out on the entire thing. Many of the states that have chosen to allow the federal government to run their exchange are doing so because they have an official challenge to Obamacare, but no state has the option to just not participate.



posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel
 


So now, the people who voted for him are wondering where their leader is. I don't wonder.....I know. He is absent and yet they voted for him.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
0

log in

join


ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 78 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP8 - Season Finale!

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def