It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27 Most Powerful images of 2012 [Gawker]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Came across this today, and figured I'd post it. The ATS community seems to enjoy these sorts of things.

Gawker (Some images may be disturbing...)

Two that stood out to me...

Overall it seems like a pretty crappy year!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Maybe it's me and I'm too Vulcan, but none of these images moved me at all.
I didn't find them shocking or "powerful", I've seen a lot so maybe these bring emotion to others more sensitive than I.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I guess it's mostly a kind of "have to be involved with it" sort of thing...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'd have to say my favorite is the models posing next the homeless man,it just says so much about our society and the way things have become. S&F thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I completely agree. It's the look on his face that pains me. I've seen that look so many times in my life.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Who put the pig photo in there?

Dear lord...

Very powerful images indeed.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boot2theface

If that pains you don't go in the thread about the NYC homeless man who hasn't got his boots anymore. Obviously every homeless person is on the street because he likes to get all the money and pity. (very ignorant people in that thread.)
Well thank you for sharing these threads are always fun to look at.

ETA: wow powerful images indeed!
poo on balls ruined it.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The most weird to me is the one of the people laughing amid the chaotic aftermath of Sandy. If there is a story there, I have not heard it.

The cuteness factor goes to the two dogs who are jumping up to get a drink from the riot police water cannon.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
The most weird to me is the one of the people laughing amid the chaotic aftermath of Sandy. If there is a story there, I have not heard it.

The cuteness factor goes to the two dogs who are jumping up to get a drink from the riot police water cannon.

If you scroll down after you click on a picture if will tell you the story behind it

That pic was very moving i couldn't help but feel happy for them, there family's history survived!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Got to admit, the shuttle one is pretty cool. Nice background and I have never honestly seen how they do that taking off of a plane.

top topics

join