It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie in Medicine: The Cholesterol Conspiracy

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I remember in nutrition class back in college learning that the body made it own cholesterol, and any advertising saying "Cholesterol Free" was basically false in premise, since to the body it doesn't matter, it's the kind of fat intake that makes more of a difference as to how much cholesterol we make. I think that's how I learnt it

I'd also like to agree with what OP and many others have stated, sugar is a dangerous substance!!
The more refined the worse it is. Corn syrup I think creates the symptoms TPTB like the call ADD, but that's just a hunch. Then they get to sell parents tons of legal speed to calm their kids down, of course this is a conspiracy, there's BILLIONS to be made in the overall grand plan, tons of sneaky backroom deals. I've quit cigarettes, and other bad habits/substances... but I've yet to kick sugar completely.

Then we move onto the topic of vit D, to be more specific D3. It's a secret for fighting cancer and most naturopaths I've heard suggest 4000-6000 IU daily, or even more. I have a friend who had a thyroid removed from cancer and she takes 8000 daily and feels fine! I've been taking 4000 daily for over a year and I feel good, also I take coQ10 occasionally since studies say I have little at my age now.

REALLY glad this topic got chosen for LiveATS, that should be pretty interesting!!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OnionHead

Eat healthy and exercise is a good thing.
But, here's the conspiracy: what the government says is healthy may not be what they claim.
Much of the research the FDA and MSM rely on is funded by bigPharma, and big business....can you rely on the claims that soy is good for you if the soy industry funded the study?

Or, the commercial in the US saying HFCS...or corn sugar is just the same as cane sugar...."sugar is sugar"....NOT....

Butter, sat fats, bacon, eggs, and beef are not the demons the Food Pyramid makes them out to be.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
cool post very well build and very interesting.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Yea, I've now unlearned the myth that saturated fat is evil. I figured out the fact that I was NOT intaking enough saturated fat my body wasn't able to make all the hormones necessary for proper hormone function. Basically, eating fatty beef, and coconut oil cured my depression!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

For sure butter's the Only option-margarine's one molecule away from plastic-id use goosefat or lard even-bt margarine dont enter into my house.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm an RN and one of the emergency room MD's I worked with was saying this back in 1994.

One patient was so concerned about his test results he was hyperventilating, the MD told both him and his wife that worrying about it was doing more damage than anything.

Big Pharma is doing more damage than good these days.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Great post. Enjoyed the attached links, overall very well put together. Respect.

Ewok

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Coconut oil is another great option. It is made up of medium chain fats....which are more stable than other sorts.
Pretty much the healthiest fat there is......and pretty darn tasty.

The problem with most fats is they are not all that stable....can go rancid easily...are stored improperly....in clear plastic....cannot tolerate heat well.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Big Pharma is often tied to the companies making additives for food and is deep into GM food. Seems strange that they make both the cheap poison and the expensive antidotes. The Medical field isn't going to complain, they get business out of it. The government isn't going to complain if less people will survive to collect social security. It is a win win situation for everyone.........Even the people working in the health care industry can't comprehend this possibility, they are also being targeted. This is just a possibility that could be happening. I'm sure our FDA is making sure this is not happening

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
And the reasons they're prescribing it are shaky, at best. As I stated earlier, my mother went off statins after her liver started to shut down. Her doctor then put her on niacin (B vitamin) and she is doing much better, without the side effects.

Niacin = vitamin B3, nicotinic acid. I am not going to say smoking is good for you, it is not, but if nicotine was all that bad for your health smokers wouldn't be considered such pariahs these days. Smoking is unhealthy for all the additives and other elements the smoker inhales. So in answer to that the amount of nicotine, ostensibly the addictive ingredient in cigarettes, is reduced now causing the smoker to crave more cigarettes and inhales more CO and tars to get his nicotine fix.

Off-topic a bit but has been discussed in this thread. Lung cancer is largely blamed on smoking but if I am not mistaken the incidence of lung cancer is not remarkably higher in smokers than non-smokers, in fact I have heard the reverse is true. I believe cancer has other causes that are more convenient to blame on smoking than its actual causes. There is a tendency to blame other factors for health issues than commercially lucrative ventures that create the actual causes. I am more likely to blame wall-to-wall carpeting for the higher incidence of asthma in American children than second-hand smoke.

Back on-topic - I don't believe we can fully trust the medical profession as they are trained to serve commercial interests and treat symptoms rather than cure people in many, many instances. Virtually all household members are or will be members of the workforce nowadays, paying into Social Security and earning money to spend. It is not desirable for these people to live long lives and draw much on that SS fund and it is a game to get people to buy products and to part with their money. Chronic pains and health issues are their own incentive to spend and people will pay every cent they can to obtain relief. It just is just not in corporate interests in our cartelocracy to have us as a healthy and happy populace. I don't trust a thing society touts as good or bad without looking for ulterior motives.

My naturally healthy body and happy, debt-free lifestyle at times makes me feel like public enemy number 1. Sorry I couldn't add more to your thread in terms of those drugs and ailments, just don't trust a damn thing the medical profession tells you. Good luck, better health, and a happy life.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

And the reasons they're prescribing it are shaky, at best. As I stated earlier, my mother went off statins after her liver started to shut down. Her doctor then put her on niacin (B vitamin) and she is doing much better, without the side effects.

Niacin = vitamin B3, nicotinic acid. I am not going to say smoking is good for you, it is not, but if nicotine was all that bad for your health smokers wouldn't be considered such pariahs these days. Smoking is unhealthy for all the additives and other elements the smoker inhales. So in answer to that the amount of nicotine, ostensibly the addictive ingredient in cigarettes, is reduced now causing the smoker to crave more cigarettes and inhales more CO and tars to get his nicotine fix.

Off-topic a bit but has been discussed in this thread. Lung cancer is largely blamed on smoking but if I am not mistaken the incidence of lung cancer is not remarkably higher in smokers than non-smokers, in fact I have heard the reverse is true. I believe cancer has other causes that are more convenient to blame on smoking than its actual causes. There is a tendency to blame other factors for health issues than commercially lucrative ventures that create the actual causes. I am more likely to blame wall-to-wall carpeting for the higher incidence of asthma in American children than second-hand smoke.

Back on-topic - I don't believe we can fully trust the medical profession as they are trained to serve commercial interests and treat symptoms rather than cure people in many, many instances. Virtually all household members are or will be members of the workforce nowadays, paying into Social Security and earning money to spend. It is not desirable for these people to draw much on that SS fund and it is a game to get people to buy products and to part with their money. Chronic pains and health issues are their own incentive to spend and people will pay every cent they can to obtain relief. It just is just not in corporate interests in our cartelocracy to have us as a healthy and happy populace. I don't trust a thing society touts as good or bad without looking for ulterior motives.

My naturally healthy body and happy debt-free lifestyle at times makes me feel like public enemy number 1. Sorry I couldn't add more to your thread in terms of those drugs and ailments, just don't trust a damn thing the medical profession tells you. Good luck, better health, and a happy life.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

LOL. Nicotine and nicotinic acid are not the same. I know that they both have "nico" in their names, but in now way, shape, or form is nicotine vitamin B3.

Niacin (also known as vitamin B3, nicotinic acid and vitamin PP) is an organic compound with the formula C6H5NO2

Nicotine is C10H14N2

Niacin:

Nicotine:

"Can't trust a damned thing the medical profession tells you" and then you seriously tell people that vitamin B3 is the same as nicotine? Seriously?

"Trained to serve commercial intrests?" Obviously you've never been to mediacl school. I know people have their prejudices, but that is a laughable one. Throughout my medical school, there was no corporate intrest training and many of the instructors were anti-corporate lefties themselves. Medschool is vety PC now and has been for several decades now.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, very informative articles. I have high cholestorol, and I told my doctor I would not go on statins. I'm taking large doses of Niacin instead. I've heard horror stories from people I know who are on statins, and have even heard from a nurse who said statins are terrible, and are being pushed on people because the pharmaceutical companies are making money hand over fist for pushing these killer drugs. One of my friends has terrible aches in her joints now that she's on statins. I will not go on them for anything. I've cut my sugar consumption by quite a bit by making a few changes, such as drinking water instead of soda. I only use stevia to sweeten my coffee, which doesn't raise my blood sugar. Since then, my A1C has gone down significantly, and my HDL levels are actually high. I feel good and will not give in to the drug companies.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Big Pharma is often tied to the companies making additives for food and is deep into GM food. Seems strange that they make both the cheap poison and the expensive antidotes. The Medical field isn't going to complain, they get business out of it. The government isn't going to complain if less people will survive to collect social security. It is a win win situation for everyone.........Even the people working in the health care industry can't comprehend this possibility, they are also being targeted. This is just a possibility that could be happening. I'm sure our FDA is making sure this is not happening

They got around the gift laws by just hiring the MD's and calling them field researchers.

It's a horrible mess that will only be made worse by Obamacare, which was written with help from their lobby.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

reply to post by catswithbigpaws

Cholesterol is a kind of lipid, which is created in the body, as well as from dietary sources. It doesn't "magically appear". Not sure what your point is, if you could please expound on what you're saying, I would appreciate it.

This thread isn't a discussion about where lipids come from, it is a discussion about cholesterol levels and why we're being told that high cholesterol levels cause heart disease, when NO reputable medical journal makes that claim.

I'm sorry but what? Every medical journal has stated cholesterol is a factor in heart disease, they simply have not been able to isolate the excat mechanism for this. It's akin to the problem of physics of knowing gravity exists but being unable to tell you the excat particle which cause this force. If you really want to know about it then look at this: www.youtube.com...
It's long, but this man can explain it better than anyone here can.

If you get a journal that says otherwise you might want to put that thing down.

”Science”, Vol 291, 30 March 2001 NUTRITION: The Soft Science of Dietary Fat Gary Taubes (www.gunnarlindgren.com...) Too bad the pdf doesn't have the figures.

So you're saying that one of the top journals in the country should be "put down".

It's a actually a really good article that supports many of the claims of the original poster. Serum cholesterol is a factor, however the role of dietary cholesterol is minuscule in overall impact. Too many calories and lack of green vegetables have far greater negative impact. Much of the evidence, especially for women is to the contrary on cholesterol. The article outlines how dietary cholesterol demonization got institutionalized in American health care. It's a very interesting read.

My doctor tested my cholesterol and said I needed to start a low cholesterol diet. I told him, I felt it was bunk science to suggest such. He didn't believe me. I provided a copy of the article in Science on my next visit. He sent me a letter, saying he's revising his recommendations after further research into the matter. Turns out, the accumulated evidence says mine is in a very good range for a male.

Bottom line, if you want to be healthy eat green vegetables and eat fewer calories.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You lost me when you claimed that meat is a GOOD source of ANY vitamins.

Do you hear what you are saying? First good vitamins exist in a plant. Then a cow eats that plant, using it's vitamins, proteins and everything for it's own muscles and life. Then humans mercilessly slaughter and most likely brutally torture the cow to death (by poking it in the eyes when it's too tired to move from the truck to the slaughterhouse, for example, and then not 'properly' stun them before cutting their veins open so the blood can drain - that's a really nice few minutes to hang from the ceiling from one of your hind legs). Then humans rip the flesh off the cow - flesh, that has half-used 'vitamins' and 'proteins' in it. So they are already much worse quality than in the plant that the cow ate (plus of course all the growth hormones and other chemicals that they pump into the cows to make them fatter, so yeah.. really healthy, man).

Then humans put that bloody product of extreme barbarism and cruelty through all kinds of processing, after which it is "cooked" and "spiced" and "seasoned" and whatnot.

Do you REALLY think there is one atom of any "GOOD VITAMINS" left by the time that carcass part reaches your plate?

Same goes for all animal products - they are not a GOOD source of ANYTHING!

I could go on, making the point about human's body not being equipped to eating meat (the intestines are way too long - meat-eating animals have a short intestine for a reason - human teeth are not equipped to RIP huge chunks of flesh out of any, still skinned body, human stomach acid level isn't high enough to fully digest meat, and whatever is clogging the arteries certainly comes from animal products), and by explaining that animals are NOT food or tools - they are creations like us, they are living beings with sensitive nervous system, capable of experiencing immense and enormous amounts of pain...

We wouldn't treat our pets this way - why do we turn the blind eye, when other animals are treated this way? What's so different about a pig and a dog? Both are intelligent, playful, cute animals. Yet the hypocrisy is very explosive if you talk about the eating habits of the Chinese in the west, for example. Suddenly eating dogs and cats is horrible, horrible! But eating a pig, which resembles a dog in many ways, and which probably doesn't have that different flesh structure, is completely and perfectly okay.. you hypocrite bastards! Eat your own dog or / and cat before you start recommending animals as food! How about eating your children's pet bunny or hamster? It is no more cruel (in fact, it would probably be much less) than what slaughterhouses do to completely innocent animals daily, so that you get to munch your "good vitamins" that have been destroyed by your frying pan or oven if nothing else (and which weren't that good to begin with) as a big, juicy, seasoned and spiced piece of flesh that radiates pain and horror (animals do not voluntarily let themselves be slaughtered, so the piece of flesh you eat, contains every scream and panic, every pain and every horror the animal felt before life mercifully finally left from it's now dead body).

Your post, if anything, is the real propaganda here. You can ONLY get the "bad cholesterol" from ANIMAL PRODUCTS, and as I just said - animals are NOT food! Since when is recommending a vegetable and fruit based diet somehow bad? Have you ever experienced or heard that eating vegetables and fruits is somehow harmful to the health? No! They are the best nutrients you can give your body! But if you have built a demon-like bloodlust in yourself, don't wonder when your higher faculties do not work properly and if you are prone to error constantly - like the error of thinking that flesh could actually contain 'good vitamins'..

Sheesh. Please look at these things from a larger and further away perspective, and you will see the true horror in all that's considered "normal" on this wretched planet. Heavy metal music, dressing in black, wearing skull symbols and all kinds of violent images everywhere, glorifying violence, talking about 'killing' all the time, watching horror movies, playing dark, depressing, chaotic and violent-looking video games - and eating bloody flesh ripped off of the carcasses of brutally murdered, innocent animals who have never done you any harm.

I could go on, but this kind of stuff wears me out.. I can't understand the demonic behaviour of the supposed 'humans', who are at best shown to be only two-legged half-animals.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Seriously? Like your post isn't Agenda 21 propaganda.

Look at our teeth, oh angry vegan. If we were truly herbivores, we wouldn't have our front incisors and canines. They would all be like molars, flat without definite points, like cows.

We are omnivores. We can eat meat and plant products.

As for "there are no vitamins left in meat by the time it gets to your plate" argument, I could say the same thing about the vegetables and fruits that you pick up from the supermarket, particularly the ones trucked from a long distance. Most of their water-soluble vitamins are GONE.

Vegans have a definite problem with ingesting sufficient protein as well as B vitamins. True vegans are usually vitamin B deficient.

I think you missed the point of this thread ENTIRELY, and went off on a rant about not eating meat. If you don't want to eat meat, then don't. But if you want to spread your own version of silly "we weren't meant to eat meat" propaganda, I suggest creating your own little rant about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Sadly, I found this thread just yesterday. It took quite a bit of time and effort to read each and every post OP, but I too, can relate to the "soft kill" theme. For every post that I read detailing the pain and suffering of those taking Rx's, particularly statins, I wanted to scream! I could darn near write a book detailing the horrific consequences that my SO has suffered from 20+ years of taking statins and beta blockers.

Quite frankly, I was stunned to have read through 14 pages before finding this statement posted by MsAphrodite "Learn about the body's acid/alkaline balance. An acidic body is an unhealthy body." That is precisely what my discovery was just a year ago that has had a significant impact on my life and health, as well as more than a handful of friends and relatives. And there is a very cheap, effective and simple solution that could put you and your loved ones on the path to much improved health! It is commonly called Kombucha tea. You can buy it commercially prepared (quite pricey) OR you can make it yourself. Its history goes back 2,000 years. It has been a real life changer for my SO as well as the other's I mentioned.

For starters, my SO suffered his first massive heart attack at the age of 49. Heart disease and cancer was rampant on his mother's side of the family. His heart is diseased and damaged to the extreme. Within mere months of taking statins, he started experiencing mild memory loss and confusion. A year later I was concerned enough to contact his cardiologist. It was more or less ignored....basically the attitude was "it's probably just depression." It didn't get much better and I started having health issues from the stress and hormonal imbalances caused by estrogen. I was given quite a number of antidepressants (SSRI's) that didn't work and made my life Hell for several years. I had become dysfunctional, but it wasn't until I had gone through 3 or 4 different MD's that one finally inferred "it was all in my head" and suggested I see a shrink. That was actually the turning point for me to regaining some normalcy in my personal life. I was actually suffering from a low (very low) level of lithium!

Now, back to SO. Eight or so years ago, things came to an ugly head. Almost every day was a crisis....extreme memory issues, aphasia, and paranoia. He was no longer a person I recognized or wanted to be with! I started doing some research and after taking a quick online test for Alzheimer, decided to get him an appointment with a neurologist.

After an initial CAT scan it was recommended he also have a PET scan. The results were stunning. The diagnosis was FTD....frontal temporal lobe dementia. I must also note that his hippocampus showed shrinkage, too....a sign of Alzheimer disease. We were stunned. Our lives would never be the same again....or so we thought. After extensive psychological testing at a university teaching hospital, he was referred to a psychiatrist.

From there it was trial and error with SSRI's. After 2 months, the "right" dosage was finally achieved to get his violent outbursts under control. But a high dosage of Seroquel also turned him into a walking zombie. He could no longer drive and was sleeping 12-15 hours a day. His aphasia worsened. I turned to an online support group for FTD. The amount of young people being diagnosed with this "rare" dementia was astounding! It took me 3 years to finally conclude, through the many instances observed through that group, that statins could very well be the cause of his dementia.

Fast forward.....6 years ago SO had another massive heart attack (in between he had 4 stents implanted)...his heart fibrillated three times. He was not expected to survive. And due to lack of oxygen, he suffered more brain damage. But survive he did! He had a defibrillator implanted. But the scariest part was whether or not he'd ever regain any short term memory. He had NONE for 5 days and the attending Dr. could not truthfully tell me whether he'd regain it. Praise be to God, the day he was released from the hospital to go home is when his short term memory came back. Or at least what he had left of it.

Fast forward again. He was becoming a living vegetable....and his skin color was sallow. Carry on a conversation? Nope. Ask a question and get an answer? Nope. Still sleeping long hours? Yep. I found it all very difficult to cope with. Then some more bad news. His defibrillator was not strong enough and the risk of changing it to an upgraded one was considered too risky! However, the cardiologist said if his quality of life declined any further, then the upgrade might be a consideration. Two more years of decline, and I felt that we'd both suffered enough. It was time to trust God and the cardiologist. So, 2.5 years ago he went into surgery. His poor Dr. was a basket case after 3+ hours of nerve wracking surgery!
To be continued......

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Immediately following surgery, SO had the prettiest pink cheeks! Lots of blood flowing to his heart and brain! Miraculously, he only spent 24 hours in the hospital and went home having had NO after-surgery pain meds. He gradually showed marked signs of improvement in everything....including his memory, to the point I let him start driving on a very limited basis. He passed with flying colors!

Fast forward to six months ago. I was so impressed with all the improvements in his overall health (he's been drinking Kombucha tea for almost a year), that my mind started wandering to the idea of "what meds can he possibly do without?" when I found the dirty little secret that Big Pharma had managed to keep hidden. That of statins depleting COq10. The rabbit hole got pretty deep after that! Mind you, his Dr. had put him on 80 mg of Zocor last year (after having tried every other statin over the course of 20+ years!) and told him, "Eat whatever you want!" Well, that was music to his ears, being a lover of eggs and bacon and having had a fairly strict healthy heart diet with little change in his cholesterol. However, the excruciating muscle pain in his legs kept him awake and pacing the floor many nights!

Now, SO is an "old timer" and very much took everything MD's told him at face value. But I'm one to think "outside the box" and question! Approaching him with this new discovery was not going to be easy ...or so I thought! Then the sudden realization of just what damage the statins had done to him set off alarm bells. After a week of serious, albeit apprehensive consideration, he decided to dump Zocor in the trash.

My next step in going forward with finding natural ways of reducing his dependency on Rx's was a bit more challenging. The biggest concern was the SSRI. But after lot of research and cajoling, I was able to convince him enough that I successfully weaned him off his high dosage in just a month's time.BINGO!! He's doing great on half the dosage and is not willing to try and quit them completely....he doesn't trust himself. There were supplements added to his still hefty Rx regimen that have been very beneficial.....alpha lipoic acid (for heavy metal chelation), CO Q10, acetyl L carnitine, to name a few. But the one thing he is adamant about is Kombucha tea!

I brew many gallons of this tea, a/k/a "the elixir of life"........it has truly changed our lives significantly! Most days I now feel like I'm married to the Energizer Bunny!! He's regained quite a few of his lost years. I've even gone so far as to "educate" three different MD's about it. And after seeing what it has collectively done for us, all of them had this to say, "Keep drinking that tea!" It all boils down to taking personal responsibility for your health. I no longer have the trust or faith in Rx's that I so naively had in the past.

Yes people, it's time to WAKE UP. Question with boldness!. We can no longer afford to trust or accept anything and everything at face value!

Peace. Over and out.

Aaaah, an Alzheimer vaccine is next!
edit on 16-12-2012 by Toots because: ETA: url

edit on 16-12-2012 by Toots because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2012 by Toots because: spelling and spacing corrections

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Toots

Note: My lengthy post (above) consists of 2 parts.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Toots

Thanks for sharing your story of the hard journey you took with your significant other.

It angers me that certain things are illegal, "for our safety", and other things, like statins, are pushed like candy and can cause actual brain damage. Unreal.

Soft kill for the baby boomers.

I am aware of the acid / alkalai idea, and have been wanting to study up on it.

As for kambucha tea, I've never heard of it, but thanks to your posts, I certainly plan on looking it up! I take many vitamins and herbs, so any information on something natural that I can add to my regimen is definitely interesting to me!

Thumbs up for the story and for the recommendation!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join