It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie in Medicine: The Cholesterol Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Why would TPTB want all of us healthy? The money is in the treatment, not the cure. This thread makes a very good example of how those that want us to be "healthy" think, as well as gives a prime example of what measures they will go to in making sure that we are not. After all, that fluoride in the water is not so great after all for anyone; yet it is put in the water supply of most places - they will tell you it's a good thing though.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
Wheat and other grains are also equally as bad as sugar when it comes to inflammation.

Don;t forget the sugars, including corn syrup which is in nearly all processed foods today.
Great thread FS, I was prescribed statins years ago but my distrust of the medical profession kept me from taking them.
Salt, raw sugar, butter - it's all good for you in small amounts.
The pharmaceutical industry seems to have been leading the pack when packaging fear-based consumerism.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

TPTB do not want us healthy at all. It has gotten so crazy that everything they recommend is to be mistrusted. None of their advice is designed for optimum health. Even the food pyramid is backwards. I remember following it for a year. Didn't really lose weight, and my rhematoid arthritis got worse. That was before I became "awake" and realized that there is no profit when the population is healthy.

Plus, they don't want us baby boomers living longer, because we'll ask for Medicare and Social Security. Better to kill us off in a hurry. People all around me are dropping dead of heart disease and cancer. Not to mention, too many children are coming down with cancer. It's truly frightening. More proof of their eugenics plan. I've known some babies who were born with tumors.

Cancer is another thing which is inflammation-based.

Knowledge is the only thing which can keep us healthy, but not knowledge from THEM. In a nutshell, go back to the way our ancestors ate and lived. Never trust the offical story! There's too much money involved in keeping us all sick.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The pharmaceutical industry seems to have been leading the pack when packaging fear-based consumerism.
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Very true. It was a sad day in America when they started being able to make ads and commercials for the latest drug.

What's sad is, if you pay attention, the drugs and medical devices they're pushing today, will be part of a class-action lawsuit tomorrow, after it has caused injuries and deaths.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's literally like health class and biology class don't even matter.. Remember the organic compounds? Carbohydrates, proteins, LIPIDS, and nucleic acids? I guess lipids just magically appear in your body or something..

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by catswithbigpaws

Cholesterol is a kind of lipid, which is created in the body, as well as from dietary sources. It doesn't "magically appear". Not sure what your point is, if you could please expound on what you're saying, I would appreciate it.

This thread isn't a discussion about where lipids come from, it is a discussion about cholesterol levels and why we're being told that high cholesterol levels cause heart disease, when NO reputable medical journal makes that claim.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't feel bad my cholesterol is about the same as yours, is always been like that even since I been young, an old doctor told me once that only if my good cholesterol was very low then thats when I should be concern as long as they even out bad and good you don't have to worry.

Up 300 is a still ok anything over that overall numbers is concern.

I also would not touch the darn statins, after trying them for a week many years ago and ending up with the most painful muscle pains I decided that they are nothing but crap.

My mother developed bruises all over her body after taking them also and her liver enzymes went over the roof.

If you read the story of statins they were the last treatment for people on hart problems that already experienced a hart attack or stroke, never mean for healthy people or for prevention, because the side effects of them.

But as usual money talks and BS walk big pharma greed for profits and government corruption have made possible for stain and many other drugs to proliferate even if the they kill people.

Now is links of hardening of the brain due to lower cholesterol levels as every cell in the body needs cholesterol including the hart.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If you read the story of statins they were the last treatment for people on hart problems that already experienced a hart attack or stroke, never mean for healthy people or for prevention, because the side effects of them.
reply to post by marg6043

I had read that also, that they were originally "drugs of last resort" due to their nasty side effects.

Funny how the FDA is silent on this one.

Along with the idea of putting statins in munipical water supplies, they were also saying to add lithium. LOL, they're gonna kill us all but we won't care!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So true.

I'm an RN and bought Conventional Wisdom for a time. Then I started having blood sugar problems. In spite of doing everything a "good nurse" would do, I got worse.

After coming home from an appointmetn where I was finally diagnosed, I chagned my diet radically. I cured my blood sugar problem in 4 months. This is something everyone with type ll can do. But don't expect to hear that from the ADA. They get milloins from drug comaies. They have no vested interst in curing you with proper eating habits.

This was about 7 years ago. I'm 52 now.

I've done extensive research on diet. To make along story short, don't do what the government tells you to. Form what I can figure, they want you sick. Like has already been stated, there's money in managing disease. Not so much in the curing.

I probably get 60-70% of my caloreis from fat. Coconut milk, teh nice soft fat from beef. Butter, cream.

I also but Real Food. Vegitables (many grown myself) grass fed beef. Raw, unpasturized cow and goat milk. Eggs from a local farm.

No sugar. No wheat. No margarine, no vegitable oils. No processed foods.

It takes effort, but you wn't be a part of the system. It's also a good way to stick it to the man. Most people thinkl I'm a little crazy. I can also outdo people nearly 30 years younger than me. And these are buff military dudes.

It's not expensive either. As I related in another post, I put what I spend on food in an inflation calculator, and I'm spending no more than people did in 1940 when accounting for inflation. We've just been jaded to spending VERY little of our income on food.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Thanks for your input! Always refreshing to hear from somebody in the medical field who has first-hand experience.

I also eat butter, cream, eggs, beef with fat (nice marbling with rib eye!), chicken with skin, and veggies. I don't eat anything processed, with the exception of a bit of ranch dressing (Bob's steak house dressing, 1 gram of carbs per 2 Tablespoons). I do burn fat this way, and my blood sugar stays incredibly stable.

I broke my diet over Thanksgiving, and even though I only ate one piece of pie, I did have a few days of mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, and sweet potato casserole. I felt dreadful...heavy, tired, and it ripped up my stomach. After a few days of low to no carbs, I was back to normal, and I dropped the 5 pounds of water weight I gained from eating standard, starchy fare.

That is the sad truth about the medical profession today. They will vilify anybody who goes against their dogma. Who cares what they say, though? I sought help for my fibromyalgia and RA from many doctors, and got absolutely nowhere, except addicted to hydrocodone, and was sicker than ever.

Only when I took my health into my own hands, and controlled my diet (along with some awesome vitamins and herbal supplements) did I start to get my life back.

I'm starting to believe that, whatever they say with regard to diet and drugs, it's best to do the opposite dietary-wise, and ignore the drugs they're pushing.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Very interesting thread, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised is statins were nothing but trouble for most people.

A few years ago, when looking at my father's side of the family, I really began to question the traditional view that high cholesterol (and even blood pressure to an extent) causes heat attacks. Easily half the people over 30 on his side of the family have high cholesterol and/or high blood pressure, but not one person can be named when it comes to heart attacks. Sure, there's the occasional stroke or arrhythmia problem, but nothing that the TV tells me "should" be there. How is it that a family full of people with high cholesterol and high blood pressure not have a single heart attack or even diabetes? And they're not healthy either. They're all overweight and they eat, drink, and smoke until they can't anymore. It makes no sense when I look at it with a mainstream view.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

It only makes sense when you realize that they are taking what are common physiological conditions for a vast majority of the population, and trying to tell us that we are sick and need drugs for it.

Heart attacks do run in my family, but the ones that died off quickly were super-heavy smokers. I've never smoked cigarettes, ever.

Naturally, cigarettes are perfectly legal.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Excellent OP, and one for the "medical mafia" links file

This kind of information is so important in an age where there are ever increasing infringements on alternative health practices, as Big Pharma seek license through their powerful influence over the FDA to close down all such avenues, thus allowing them to administer their own, often completely innefective and indeed sometimes more dangerous forms of 'treatment' on us, at the usual patented price premium of course

Meanwhile, heres an article I found recently confirming many of this thread suspicions about links to memory loss and other crucial nerve damage that may result from statins

www.liveinthenow.com...

If the link doesnt work, ( usually because of failing to underscore the last part of the damn address as opposed to hypenating it) you can use the search engine on the site to find the article.
edit on 3-12-2012 by markatUCR because: edited to include link

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by davjan4

Thanks for your input! Always refreshing to hear from somebody in the medical field who has first-hand experience.

I also eat butter, cream, eggs, beef with fat (nice marbling with rib eye!), chicken with skin, and veggies. I don't eat anything processed, with the exception of a bit of ranch dressing (Bob's steak house dressing, 1 gram of carbs per 2 Tablespoons). I do burn fat this way, and my blood sugar stays incredibly stable.

I broke my diet over Thanksgiving, and even though I only ate one piece of pie, I did have a few days of mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, and sweet potato casserole. I felt dreadful...heavy, tired, and it ripped up my stomach. After a few days of low to no carbs, I was back to normal, and I dropped the 5 pounds of water weight I gained from eating standard, starchy fare.

That is the sad truth about the medical profession today. They will vilify anybody who goes against their dogma. Who cares what they say, though? I sought help for my fibromyalgia and RA from many doctors, and got absolutely nowhere, except addicted to hydrocodone, and was sicker than ever.

Only when I took my health into my own hands, and controlled my diet (along with some awesome vitamins and herbal supplements) did I start to get my life back.

I'm starting to believe that, whatever they say with regard to diet and drugs, it's best to do the opposite dietary-wise, and ignore the drugs they're pushing.

Funny you should mention the Ranch Dressing. It was the last of my bad dietary habits to go. I found a recepe for dressing made from herbs, apple cider vinigar and olive oil. Did that for several years. No, I just dribble on some balsamic vinigar, then a little olice oil and call it good.

It's amazing how the tastebuds change too. I taste food in a whole different way. I can tell subtle differnces when I slightly alter recepies now. I found that a cup of red wine (Pinot Noir) in the crockpot with the roast makes the flavor so much richer. Yeah. I leanred to cook when I chaged. I make my own bone broth from the boes I save from roasts. I bu soem marrow bones too and roast them. I eat the marrow out (yummy fat) and then thorw it all in the crockpot for 3 days on low, then strain everythingout. I use this as a base for my home-made chili. I also make chicken bone broth from the chicken carcasses when I roast them. Pastured chicken isn't cheap, so I sqeeze 4 quarts of bone broth out of it after stripping the carcass. Once in the frige it gels up like jello. That's how you know you did it right!
Meanwhile I'm planning my garden. All I have left is romain lettuce, and that can go all winter here. And come spring... 4 chickens. The city says two is the limit, but we're sort of rural here ,and we know someone with 5 in their backyard. And I know I heard a goat the other day when out on my bike!
Growing your own food is just one way to "stick it to the man". No pesticides and GMO's for me!

As an aside, I have volunteer at the local privatly supported clinic and food pantry to teach nutrition. That was yesterday and I have yet to get a response to my email. I went there yesterday to the parking lot and watched for a while. They REALLY need someone to teach that!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I love eggs. Eggs in a frame especially.

Cholesterol, pfft.

Humans have been consuming eggs for years... decades even
no gubmint or science study gonna change that, no sir.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

reply to post by catswithbigpaws

Cholesterol is a kind of lipid, which is created in the body, as well as from dietary sources. It doesn't "magically appear". Not sure what your point is, if you could please expound on what you're saying, I would appreciate it.

This thread isn't a discussion about where lipids come from, it is a discussion about cholesterol levels and why we're being told that high cholesterol levels cause heart disease, when NO reputable medical journal makes that claim.

I'm sorry but what? Every medical journal has stated cholesterol is a factor in heart disease, they simply have not been able to isolate the excat mechanism for this. It's akin to the problem of physics of knowing gravity exists but being unable to tell you the excat particle which cause this force. If you really want to know about it then look at this: www.youtube.com...
It's long, but this man can explain it better than anyone here can.

If you get a journal that says otherwise you might want to put that thing down. The Lipid hypothesis is over 50 years old and has a lot of evidence to back it up. Now, I'm not saying you should take the pills, but you should change your diet and you should work out. Almost every study has shown LDL levels under 150 are protective against heart disease. I have familial high cholesterol and I can tell you it's not a joke. The average age of death for someone with my condition is 55. You can be completely symptom free and one day just drop dead. This is especially true for women.

Flame away, really there is some backwards advice here. If grains, and sugars were so bad then how in the hell are Asians so thin and long lived when their diets are so heavily based on starchy food? Their heart attacks rates are much lower than ours and they are prodigious rice eaters (and not the brown kind either). Hell, a close friend of mine came off insulin by cutting out all animal foods and going raw. The amount of fruit he eats is insane.
edit on 3-12-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
cool to come across this thread now, in my life.

Just a couple of days ago, I was told I had high cholesterol levels, at 280, and they prescribed statins.

I will not take them, though, because a dear friend of mine, who is a doctor, herself, and works exclusively with older patients, has said many times in the past that statins are about the worst thing that you can do to your body and to take them only if you feel like dying.

I believe her when she speaks, for sure.

Then the info in this thread comes along

Interesting info and thank you very much!

Are you of African decent? We naturally have a higher level of cholesterol. Some Caucasian doctors don't know that and prescribe statins.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I don't intend to flame you, but to use a previous analogy, firemen are a factor at fires too. Yet, they are not the actual CAUSE of the fire, they are there to deal with the damage.

Refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup are recent entries into our dietary regimen, starting in the 1940s, and have been disastrous for our health. Asians do not add lots of sugar or high fructose corn syrup to their diets. Some people have no problems with grains, but a great many do, and this could be due to the damage our systems are incurring from poor diet. The Asian diet works for them, as long as they do not cross over and start to eat westernized food from places like McDonald's and Burger King, which have now gone over to places like Japan, and they are finding their heart disease incidences are going up in a big hurry.

Cholesterol is a factor in heart disease only in the sense that it builds up in arteries damaged with inflammation. Get rid of the inflammation, and the cholesterol will most likely decrease on its own, since it is not needed.

As I said, I do believe that it becomes higher in response to bodily damage from chronic inflammation.

It is fine if you don't believe, or like, what I and the other posters are saying. That is your right. You can call it "backwards information", that is also your right. But you are definitely in the minority here.

Thanks for your input, anyway.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

The Asian diet works for them, as long as they do not cross over and start to eat westernized food from places like McDonald's and Burger King, which have now gone over to places like Japan, and they are finding their heart disease incidences are going up in a big hurry.

Places which add a very large amount of fat to said grains. Do you really think you can divorce the added fat and proclaim it blameless.

Cholesterol is a factor in heart disease only in the sense that it builds up in arteries damaged with inflammation. Get rid of the inflammation, and the cholesterol will most likely decrease on its own, since it is not needed.

Excess lipids cause inflammation. It's not simply grains. Being fat, eating loads of fat and too many calories from any food source will cause inflammation. Cutting out food sources decrease inflammation because you have decreased your calorie intake. You can't just turn that off and think you can eat fat-rich foods because they do cause inflammation.

. But you are definitely in the minority here.

And I'm probably the only one here who has read and understood the science as well. I'm not in the least bit embarrassed to be in that minority.

And this stuff about "TPTB don't want us to be healthy". They don't have to steer anyone into unhealthy eating habits. It's called pleasure and people follow after it. It's why people with lung cancer will still smoke. The need for pleasure far outweighs their own health. Why would they need to misdirect people when it's so painfully obvious they aren't concerned about their health?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

If you get a journal that says otherwise you might want to put that thing down. The Lipid hypothesis is over 50 years old and has a lot of evidence to back it up
reply to post by antonia

Have you ever heard of the Framingham Study? It was a large study, done over 30 years:

when the participants of the study are plotted on a graph it clearly shows that those with cholesterol levels between 182 and 222 did not survive as long as those with higher cholesterol levels of between 222 and 261. The study shows that about half the people with heart disease had low cholesterol, and half the people without heart disease had high cholesterol.

Most studies have found that for women, high cholesterol is not a risk factor for heart disease at all - in fact, the death rate for women is five times higher in those with very low cholesterol. In a Canadian study that followed 5000 healthy middle-aged men for 12 years, they found that high cholesterol was not associated with heart disease at all. And in another study done at the University Hospital in Toronto that looked at cholesterol levels in 120 men that previously had heart attacks, they found that just as many men that had second heart attacks had low cholesterol levels as those that had high. The Maoris of New Zealand die of heart attacks frequently, irrespective of their cholesterol levels. In Russia, it is low cholesterol levels that are associated with increased heart disease. The Japanese are often cited as an example of a population that eat very little cholesterol and have a very low risk of heart disease. But the Japanese that moved to the US and continued to eat the traditional Japanese diet had heart disease twice as often as those that maintained the Japanese traditions but ate the fatty American diet. This suggests that it is something else, like stress perhaps, that is causing the heart disease.

These are but a small sample of the studies that contradict the idea that cholesterol is the villain in heart disease. So why has this idea held on so long? Perhaps pharmaceutical companies and the processed-food industry have a lot to gain by keeping this belief alive. Statin drugs (Lipitor, Mevacor, Zocor etc.) are mega money makers, and they definitely do lower cholesterol, but if high cholesterol does not cause heart disease, why are they necessary?

www.wellnesstips.ca...

Just because an idea has been around a long time does not mean that it is correct. But you believe what you want to believe. Far be it for me to try and open minds that remain firmly shut.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join