It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin defends itself from ANOTHER brutish human!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay Electronica

A lot of these animals are rescues, or captive bred. Many of the animals you see at zoos or aquariums, can't survive in the wild. They also are not yearning for the wild that they never knew.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Again, as I said, because I knew you would be predictable, this is also studied in the wild. People have these Disney notions that dolphins are innocent and your friend, when they are not.

"Oh they save humans drowning in the ocean!" That is because you don't hear from the humans they pushed the other way.

Sorry, but I will take the information from the zoologist/biologist, not you.

That all being said:you go near animals, you risk a chance of being bit. I went to a horse camp about the same age as that girl, I got bit and got an injury that lasted over a year. No big deal, it was a risk I took.

The parents are drama queens and over reacting. They should just keep their kid safe inside while getting fatter watching the safe tv.

My arguement on the dophin's behalf? She wasn't even watching what she was doing, she is near a large animal, she turns to the side to start chatting.

When she turns 16, she will probably kills someone from texting and driving.

.....?.... You may want to go back and re-read what I said.

Eh... And regarding "dolphin behaviorist" that was one of the "Comedic effect" parts to my OP....

I guess satire escapes some folks. Hope I've cleared it up for ya!
edit on 4-12-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Maybe if the exhibit is classed as dangerous then the dolphins will be released back into the sea where they belong and if people want to see them then they just gotta charter a boat like everyone else

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
My cat has scratched me many times while playing with a toy I was holding, maybe I should sue him.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
How many here actually wished that was a shark ? LOLOLOLOL !!!!!!!

That would be cool !!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This girl was not mangled or disfigured . . . three tiny cuts on her hand. The parent's excuse? "She just forgot . . ."

I wonder how well the "I just forgot" excuse holds up when this toddler accidentally leaves her shoes in front of the stairway for you to trip over, or doesn't hang up her coat when she gets home from school . . . yet Sea World is supposed to offer apologies for this?

C'mon people. Every time I watch the news anymore, I just roll my eyes.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I once got splashed by a dolphin at Sea World,. Mean evil creature got salt water in my eye... I had to blink furiously for several seconds..Now whenever I see a dolphin on TV my eye instinctively squints and closes. I only wish my parents where there with a movie camera..then we could sue Sea World and own that stupid fish...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mortimer452
This girl was not mangled or disfigured . . . three tiny cuts on her hand. The parent's excuse? "She just forgot . . ."

I wonder how well the "I just forgot" excuse holds up when this toddler accidentally leaves her shoes in front of the stairway for you to trip over, or doesn't hang up her coat when she gets home from school . . . yet Sea World is supposed to offer apologies for this?

C'mon people. Every time I watch the news anymore, I just roll my eyes.

Don't kids forget?

You made me realize, when I was a kid I forgot too, but one small detail that doesn't coincide with this story, mom reminded me!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
I don't care what it was doing. If I had a daughter, and it bit her for whatever reason, it's going to die. I don't care if she poked it in the eye.

The dolphin should be put down. If I had my sidearm, that dolphin would be full of holes if I could safely discharge the weapon. However, I doubt I would be shooting anything at sea world.

The video even proves the dolphin should be put down.
edit on 3-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

I would hope this is sarcasm, otherwise your daughter would have a complete moron for a dad. But please, take her to a turkey farm before you get yourself arrested being a hero. Once you shoot all the turkeys for gobbling at your daughter I will use them for the biggest Thanksgiving feast ever.

Mmmm... Turkey!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mypan
How many here actually wished that was a shark ? LOLOLOLOL !!!!!!!

That would be cool !!!!

Really !

Not me. LOLOLO!!!

That Dolphin & that little girl were both innocent in this.

The Dolphin was trained to respond to the stimuli that the little girl provided.
The little girl did what most of our small people do ... not listen!

The parents should understand how their small people operate and be very watchful .. especially when clear warnings have been verbalised.

If you have any understanding of animals, you will know deep down that the Dolphin let go when it realised ..

" this is worse than the fish that John West rejects "

So ... we learn that if we must continue down this track; maybe some mesh between the feeding people & attraction.

See no sharks needed ...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
What I see is: caging a dolphin just for "entertainment" purposes...
I can understand the purpose of a zoo... but Sea world? not so much...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Divs

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I can tell you I was just at this attraction in San Antonio and the staff is VERY CLEAR on how to feed the dolphins. Any variation from this and the staff was immediately on it. It is unfortunate but short of closing the exhibit there isn't much you can do to completely prevent the possibility of this reoccurring.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
look at the video!
the girl keeps flipping crumbs at the dolphin.
she holds the tray funny to? twisted wrist!

And they just happen to be filming This girl a lot???
its a con job to get money from them.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I am not a dolphin behavior analyst, but my best friend is. She has worked, trained, and studied dolphins in the wild and domestically at the National Aquarium.

She will be the first to tell you that they are not nice, they are not cute little Flipper, and they will bite the snot out of you as soon as look at you.

So yes, they can be jerks.

That is exactly what I have heard. We used a trainer from Sea Life Park for dog training (she moonlighted on the weekends). She was slightly afraid of the dolphins, said she never turned her back on them.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

If that dolphin was actually intending to hurt the girl it would have been a lot lot worse than what she got. I like how her parents want to ruin the experience for everyone now; I think they are looking more for money than anything else. They seemed to have no problem with the attraction before they forgot to keep an eye out for their child when around a potential hazard such as this, as limited a hazard as it was.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well looking closely at the video.. It looked like something like this!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Looks like a stupid accident to me. Primarily the girl doing the feeding was a bit inattentive and careless. If the dolphin really meant to hurt her, it wouldn't have let go. (It looked like it was quick to let go once it realized its mistake and getting more than fish sticks.) Not to mention there have been worse cases of animal bites from house pets.

If blame lies anywhere, it's on staff. Looks like they're not being strict enough about making the rules for this feeding activity clear and informing the guests of the potential hazards.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
to be honest the parents are douches... "the attraction is dangerous.." So you got bit a little from a dolphin...you can get hurt worst by tripping and falling on the street. Some small cuts and a bruise.... sheesh.... americans would sue anything to make money...

How many kids get bit by horses and goats at petting zoos, barns, and the like. The dolphin barely even put its mouth on her it was only trying to get the tray not eat the girl. Sure she got little cuts but come one. The dolphin is not dangerous it just bit the hand that feeds him haha. The parents are freaking out about it is only going to make the whole situation a bad experience for the girl.. The rules clearly say not to pick up the tray. dolphin 1 kid 0

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
So the kid was told repeatedly not to pick up the tray and she did anyway.

Classic Children...

When do they EVER listen?..........

This is the parents fault.

Don't you find that old man next to the little girl portraying himself just to be an innocent bystander and watch it go on? Wow, didn't even try to help her. Typical male.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join