It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin defends itself from ANOTHER brutish human!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hello ATS, it has just come to my attention that another dolphin has been plastered on the MSM as a "danger to society".

Please examine this recent video, note how out of context this video is... Leave it to CNN to be the first to propagate clear self-defense as an act of terror!

First it was dolphins... We didn't listen.

Next it was us, but it was too late.

What we as people don't realize is that the dolphin was merely defending its well being.
I could go into great detail, but let's go with the obvious - such as this girl's threatening hand gestures and overall spiteful demeanor towards this innocent flippery friend o' the sea.

Where are the dolphin behavior analysts? I do hope RT or at the very least Democracy Now attempts to give credence to this dolphin's defense.

Surely someone will speak out on it's behalf?

I leave it to you ATS, to form your opinions with the denial of ignorance first in mind - For the sake of this dolphin, and all aquatic animals held wrongfully in public-prisons!

(Note: I put this in the Gray Area, because dolphins are gray. If this is the incorrect forum, I could add a 2012 spin to this easily upon request.)

Good luck out there people.

edit on 3-12-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
to be honest the parents are douches... "the attraction is dangerous.." So you got bit a little from a dolphin...you can get hurt worst by tripping and falling on the street. Some small cuts and a bruise.... sheesh.... americans would sue anything to make money...

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

It appears to me that she was holding the 'food' out for too long and the dolphin made a grab for the food. Sort of like a dog might if it was being teased. The child was not to understand the dolphin behaviour and IMHO if anyone is to blame its either the sea world staff for not explaining the correct procedure for feeding a dolphin safely or whoever was supposed to be supervising the child.

Tease a dog long enough with a biscuit and it will become 'snappy'. I'm sure its similar with the dolphins.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Hey man, I fully agree with you. Cement is far more dangerous than a dolphin held in captivity. It was clearly reaching for the tray of fish. What'd they tell the little human? "Don't. Touch. The tray. Of fish."

However I must remind ye --- the dolphin is also American!
All the more reason it deserves due process, and at the very least it's side of the story properly represented!
But of course that's asking far too much of the MSM (Mean Scummy Mammals)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Gentle Men, there remains only one solution...

SS

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Makes perfect sense Spike... After all who owns the Simpsons... But FOX, another human-led organization with it's dirty opposable thumbs in everyone's News.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
oh sweet jesus.... seriously...?!

im no dolphin expert, but im good at reading animal behaviour, having worked at vet practices and livery and kennels and with many different animals - and i can tell you that dolphin was only wanting the tray..!

had the dolphin actually 'attacked' her it would her lunged far quicker and would not have gone for her arm..

also the staff had told the guests NOT to pick up the feeding trays. how come the parents who were videoing and watching didnt tell her to put the tray down..? did they forget like she did too...?

the girl was not hurt badly.. she will be fine.. its character building..!

i dont blame dolphin even if he/she did purposefully bite the girl (which i highly doubt he/she did)...

every animal, whether domesticated, held captive or used in services is still an animal and is unpredictable..

they should be treated with respect and love...

s+f OP

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

if anyone is to blame its either the sea world staff for not explaining the correct procedure for feeding a dolphin safely or whoever was supposed to be supervising the child

hm i have to disagree... in the news report it said that the staff had told all guests NOT to pick up the feeding tray... and apparently the girl forgot - however the parents should have known and told her to put the tray down..

link   
They were told repeatedly, 'not to hold up the plate'. The girl however did so when the plate was empty. Stupid, but could you hold that against the little girl?

The parents now complaining about how dangerous the attraction is, is the most disturbing part of this story.

link   
reply to post by fluff007

Your outlook and form is sound and carried with wisdom.

Little human girl: Cool new scars.

Dolphin: Street cred for standing up to the nonsense of mankind!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismir

Unfortunately we may never know what that "little girl" may or may not have said/done to the dolphin in question.

CNN has been caught red-flippered on multiple occasions, distorting the truth in the favor of human beings after all!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

LOL thanks..!

Haha, well for some weird reason i like scars... So if that had been me it wouldnt have bothered me..!

But IMHO i doubt she will even have any scars.. those bite wounds were very minor..

Go dolphin..!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Kid forgot the rules/warnings.
Dolphin is used to the sight of the tray and being hand fed.
Parents are stupid.
1-0 Dolphin.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I hope her Parents don't leave her with scars. Explaining to her that this is what happens to Wild animals locked up, would be a great way to have her not hate Dolphins for the rest of her life.

Gentle Creatures like this should not be used as an attraction. MHO

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Brilliant addition to the thread.

If all dolphins were equipped with such peace-keeping devices, Earth would be a MUCH safer place (for dolphins)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I didn't get that the impression that the report was intentionally skewed against the dolphin per se, but merely questioning the safety practices of Sea World.

I would be horribly upset if that were my child. I understand the thoughts of you guys saying,'oh, it's just a little bite.....". Maybe Sea World could use this as a way to better identify ways to avoid such unfortunate "mistakes" by getting rid of the food trays. For pete's sake, the kid wasn't doing anything intentional to make the dolphin bite her. What if it was a toddler? They could have been accidently pulled in the water.

Sorry, I think this is a good example of needing to improve safety measures.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I hope her Parents don't leave her with scars. Explaining to her that this is what happens to Wild animals locked up, would be a great way to have her not hate Dolphins for the rest of her life.

Gentle Creatures like this should not be used as an attraction. MHO

Amen to that sonnny. A backwards world these parents live in, I wonder how they tie their own shoes when they fall out of their beds every morning.

If I were a dolphin, I would have most definitely organized a coup by now.
At the very least, drowned some of these ornery land-walkers.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Amen to that sonnny. A backwards world these parents live in, I wonder how they tie their own shoes when they fall out of their beds every morning.

So true.

I bet they "sue" Sea World also.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
I didn't get that the impression that the report was intentionally skewed against the dolphin per se, but merely questioning the safety practices of Sea World.

I would be horribly upset if that were my child. I understand the thoughts of you guys saying,'oh, it's just a little bite.....". Maybe Sea World could use this as a way to better identify ways to avoid such unfortunate "mistakes" by getting rid of the food trays. For pete's sake, the kid wasn't doing anything intentional to make the dolphin bite her. What if it was a toddler? They could have been accidently pulled in the water.

Sorry, I think this is a good example of needing to improve safety measures.

Yes, what next - We defang the dolphins! Force them to drink fish out of a straw?

Truly the precautions were clear to all who chose to cross the threshold of the dolphin's meager domain.

I'll concede my stance, and admit that the girl may not have been *entirely* malicious in her intent.
But until the full footage is released it is still up in the air.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
to be honest the parents are douches... "the attraction is dangerous.." So you got bit a little from a dolphin...you can get hurt worst by tripping and falling on the street. Some small cuts and a bruise.... sheesh.... americans would sue anything to make money...

I agree. The parents are douches but lets not kid ourselves. They are just up playing it so Sea World will settle for a higher amount outside of court. The kid was told not to pick up the tray. She sould have listened. I hope Sea World doesn't settle for more than their hospital bills (those greedy F.U.......Cks).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join