It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin defends itself from ANOTHER brutish human!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Many times there is only one way some people will learn why there are safety rules in place, that painful lesson is when they get bitten/mauled/killed.

We can't expect animals to behave/think/reason like humans do, they are animals and are only capable of behaving and thinking like animals.

The parents' should be nicked for not looking out for their child properly, and should consider themselves very lucky the kid wasn't seriously injured.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I strongly believe that mankind was destined to be the guardians/protectors of the flora and fauna of Earth... Unfortunately to acquire this responsibility we have a lot of evolving to do, and we found the matches at a few crucial stages too early.

Totally agree with you

I shall definitely be purchasing the book, just had a look at the summary and its definitely something i would read..!

On the book front, there is a fantastic book by Rupert Sheldrake called The Unexplained Power of Animals.. Its a bloody brilliant read and even has a few experiments in it..

Theres also a book about dolphins that i read that was fantastic - although i cant for the life of me remember the name of the book or the author - will have a look and see if i can find it..!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If you go in with an animal and don't follow the safety rules, it's no one's fault but your own when something goes wrong. In this case, the parents are to blame. Not the dolphin.
But, of course the parents see $$$, so this is blown way out of proportion.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
An aquarium is not a natural environment for a dolphin and just because it's in captivity and has been exposed to humans all it's life does not mean it's a pet or domesticated. I don't understand all this letting your children feed these animals who can revert to their wild instincts at any moment.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Kid was probably just too much like it's vile parents and the dolphin sensed it and reacted. Kids and their parents should be banned from these places

Pity is wasn't a shark, then they'd really have something to cry about

edit on 3-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Those dolphins are blood thirsty animals. They all are. This dolphin had such a wild look in its eye and a real intent to eat that little girl. This was an absolute act of war. If humans don't stand up and punish this dolphin, who is a captive already and most likely for good reasons, they will win. Those terrorist animals will win. We need to ensure that justice is brought upon this dolphin and his/her holding tank be moved to Gitmo.

Until they learn to speak my language, they're below me.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Those dolphins are blood thirsty animals. They all are. This dolphin had such a wild look in its eye and a real intent to eat that little girl. This was an absolute act of war. If humans don't stand up and punish this dolphin, who is a captive already and most likely for good reasons, they will win. Those terrorist animals will win. We need to ensure that justice is brought upon this dolphin and his/her holding tank be moved to Gitmo.

Until they learn to speak my language, they're below me.

Quick, get the orange, dolphin-tailored Guantanamo jump suit.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Good lord...

My dog does this to me all the time. Especially if I'm offering a treat and then pull it away.

The parents aren't douches, the Porpoise isn't vicious, the little girl wasn't hurt. BFD....

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

No, it doesn't get to have any semblance of humanity afforded to it. I hope the tank they throw its terrorist tail in to is where they gather the sewage.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Dolphins "attack"
Terrorist " attack"
Similar danger.
Same media.
Now tell me -
Why do we even listen to them?

Eta; to enhance their educational experience and to help makeup for their terrifying encounter at SeaWorld I suggest they give them an extra bonus - throw dad in the shark tank so the children can learn the difference between "surprise" and "terror".
I'll even pay to be able to film that!
Hell, throw in CNN's editorial staff while they're at it.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Actually, the parents have said they are NOT going to sue.

This is probably because they really don't have a case. They were instructed NOT to do exactly what she did.
I just don't understand how people can be surprised when stuff like this happens.
HELLO!!!! WILD ANIMAL!!!!!

You have to show injury to claim damages.
One little bruise that would heal in a week doesn't count.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Now you've made me do it:

OT:
The dolphin wasn't being aggressive, it was just trying to get that darn-tasty fish! People need to toughen up and stop over-reacting to everything. When feeding wild animals, there is a chance of an accident happening DUH!
edit on 3-12-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2012 by Fylgje because: embedding problems

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Anyone else remember what happened at Seaworld a few years ago? Different mammal, but trained nonetheless, and the trainer died.

Dolphins are cute, but they are still wild animals. If anyone ever thinks they are completely safe when swimming with these animals, they should give it a little more thought. (I used to know a trainer for Sea Life Park in Hawaii, she trained our dog). I don't like the way they are put out on display like harmless kittens and puppies. They are intelligent, and curious and more than a little cool, but they are not for domestication. If someone penned me up like that and made me do tricks, I might bite someone too. I do however, think the dolphin was reaching for the fish and missed. Swim at your own risk, folks.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Having eaten dolphin on one of my many travels, I am clearly an expert on their psychology and I have this to say...

My greatest fears are coming true and they are trying to eat me back!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I actually thought it was kind of funny.

It's a wild animal, and the parents weren't paying enough attention.

I'm sure kids won't be able to feed the dolphins now because of this. Super lame.

Lesson? Don't get between a dophin and their food!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
True to my name, I would like to point out that dolphins are suppose to be very intelligent, yet, he didn't take notice of that hand that was between his mouth and the empty fish tray.

I guess either their overall vision might not be great or that dolphin is dumb...
yet, still less dumb than the victim that was explained to not show the tray this way.

I'm happy she's alright and I hope someway the dolphin will understand to not do this again to anyone.
edit on 3-12-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Dolphins are fish.... and very tasty.

The animal in the video is a Porpoise...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
An aquarium is not a natural environment for a dolphin and just because it's in captivity and has been exposed to humans all it's life does not mean it's a pet or domesticated. I don't understand all this letting your children feed these animals who can revert to their wild instincts at any moment.

dolphins are intelligent docile and empathetic in their own environment and are known to have frequent positive interactions with humans
i dont understand where all this the dolphin may revert back to its instinctual nature when their instinctual nature doesnt involve harming people.
you want to see an aggressive dolphin then look what they do to sharks that bother their pod ....if the dolphin wanted to harm that girl she would have been
this is something like your cat going for the toy and catching a claw in your hand

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Besides the fact she held up the tray, she clearly wasnt paying attention. Shes a child and lives in magic fantasy land where dolphins are cute creatures who love to be trained by humans. If I was holding the tray up AND paying attention to the dolphin then I would have been able to easily dodge its incoming snap. But she wasnt. And becauses shes a child, the blame goes to the PARENTS.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismir

how about not giving the patrons a tray. why not have a more permanent tray bolted under the lip of the enclosure where costumers could carry their sardines and place them there.

all problems avoided, fun for all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join