It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Backgrounds should be resized to fit avatar widths, and you can have your horizontal perfect.

Since we are looking at all aspects of this:

Horizontal in should be 15 pixels from the left edge. From center, x should be -85. y should be 350, to find the uppermost left corner of the background image. That should be bang on.

Let me know if it works.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Erm, i forgot to mention 74...

I absolutely love the all seeing lizard eye on the front cover! Well wicked... but i still cant stretch the image out to fit on the side... sniff sniff...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 22-2-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2013 by Rodinus because: Even more crappier spelling mistakes... Burrrhhhh i need caffeine!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I can give you an avatar resize, but it won't be animated.

Just set it as your avatar.

Maybe one of the guys can animate the eyes for you.

ETA: I noticed you are missing your background image. Just set a colour of your choosing like this;

hit submit and it will give you the full background spacing.
edit on 22/2/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Thank you very much 74,

Yayyy, i'm finally managing to get the hang of things and have learned how to embed (on the computer that is!)

Looking forward to having those flashy 'all mysterious eyes"

Kindest respects and as they say over here "Bon appetit", yep lunch time over here right now...

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Just a test, but try setting this as your background. It (hopefully) matches the avatar in front of it. If you can get the animated gif later on, it will hopefully give you the full image plus animation.

I don't know if this will work or not, if its too out of alignment just trash it.

As for me, it's bedtime. (1000pm). Different time zones hey??

edit on 22/2/2013 by 74Templar because: added text

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

You could use this animated Gif in place of your avatar with the existing background, although it would probably look better if someone removed the old spaceship first.

edit on 2/21/13 by FortAnthem because:

Oooh thanks ! i want that one

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Thank you 74,

Looks better as time goes on.

Have a well deserved and peacful night sleep and maybe talk to you tomorrow in between chopping firewood, taking my son to football and the afternoon siesta.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
hey guys, could i request someone with awesome animation skills to take the ufo in my picture and make it an animated avatar with the back ground? Or just make it an avatar instead of a background.

If possible would be much appreciated!

I suck at making animations, as I have mentioned. SO i extracted the UFO for you, in case someone else might be able to make it do something cool like spin.

If so, i will amend the background image to not have the UFO on it (but maybe keep a slight glow in its place).

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I used a method of adding one-pixel red dots to the four corners of my background and a transparent gif to see where they come out when rendered on the screen.

I found for my particular configuration that the avatar starts at coordinate 4,57 of the background image. So then I took the background image and cut out a 170X240 template starting at 4,57 and it seems to align perfectly.

I made the bird's eye blink green for a test.

For some reason, my first attempt at doing the same thing with a transparent ani failed to align properly, which doesn't make much sense. I'll have to try that again later.

Oh, and I also found through the red dot method that backgrounds get their last line to the right (180) shaved off by one pixel.

EDIT: Also, there is some pixelation that occurs as a result of the animated gif on a png background. So, I gotta get that transparent ani gif working.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

For some reason, my first attempt at doing the same thing with a transparent ani failed to align properly, which doesn't make much sense. I'll have to try that again later.

OK I figured it out. I was looking at the image in the "Account settings" screen rather than the avatar in a post... it doesn't show up aligned correctly when in account settings.

So, now I created a transparent gif with one blinky red dot to align with the hawk's eye and no pixelation involved with the trans gif. And the ani is only 91 bytes.

It's not the easiest method in the world, but it seems to work.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

If it does work, I'd like for someone to make a blinking right eye on my wolf, as a transparent, or not, avatar. The transparency issue should be irrelevant once this is figured out.

EDIT: Try this one out...

I took you background image and started a 170X240 avatar at the 4,71 coordinate to do the placement

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

okay
thanks a lot texan! I asked Agarta if he could do it and he said hes gunna see what he can do and give it some cool effects.
edit on 22-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Well that just beats all, Zarn.

I'd say that's near perfect alignment. All I did was take that image and pop it into my avatar slot, which just carried a transparent image anyways. I didn't even have to re-size my current background.

Very nice work.

Now, you guys should be able to figure out the glowing eye request......

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Well that just beats all, Zarn.

I'd say that's near perfect alignment. All I did was take that image and pop it into my avatar slot, which just carried a transparent image anyways. I didn't even have to re-size my current background.

Very nice work.

Awe man, that's cool..........

That's something I have no clue about is animated stuff.

Great work Zarniwoop!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Very nice work.

Thanks, Druid. I just threw that together quickly with some cut/paste of some fur. I or someone else, could probably do it a little smoother given the time.

I can work on the glowing eyes one as well now that the alignment seems to work out. However, I have to go out and have some fun tonight with my wife
... I'll hopefully get some time this weekend.

reply to post by snarky412

Awe man, that's cool..........

Thanks, Snarky!

Hopefully this little trick will open the door to some clever applications of ani's

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I can think of hundreds of ways to utilize that technique.

1. A serene background, then suddenly a ufo flies over.
2. A wolf licking his chops.
3. Animating any part of an avatar background's face.
4. etc....

Time to bust out the imagination.....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Damn!

Awesome work on the blink! PERFECTLY aligned!

Ok, I'm going to start working on something for mine, which isn't cheating t&c's. You've inspired me!

In the mean time, anyone into owls? (180x480)

edit on 22-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join