It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
So normally i replace the avatar with the Gif?
i have changed and put the lates background and used the Gif as an avatar, have i done correctly?
Originally posted by Agarta
The following are step by step directions on how to set your new Avatar, Background, and/or Signature image. There are glitches that occur if some things are done out of order and you have not had an Avatar set already.
Avatar and Background
1. Between these lines is a transparent Avatar. If you are using a new background, highlight it and click to save to your computer.
or copy the following code: h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ut4e7bd94d.gif
2. On the top Navigation bar of your page click the "Tools" tab found here(note: if you are using the Clear Avatar code scroll down to the Avatar section and paste it into the slot, remove the space between the h and tt and click submit.
3. Then click the "ATS uploads" tab found here
4. Upload the new or clear Avatar and/or Background by clicking this button
5. If you do not have an Avatar already in place you MUST put the Clear Avatar in first or the background will default to the Avatar section and you will have to start over. Assuming you are putting in the Avatar, find it in your uploads and click it.
6. This will take you to its dedicated page. Click "Avatar"
7. This will take you back to your "Tools" page. Scroll down to find the Avatar section and click "Submit"
8. Next return to your "ATS uploads" page and click your new Background
9. This will take you to its dedicated page. Click "Profile Background"
10. you will be taken to the tools page again. Scroll down to the "Your Background Image" section and click "Submit"
Your new background is now in place. Please note that it will not show on your profile page, as only Avatars do, however you will find it on your posts.
Setting your Signature Image
There is a glitch in the images signature section and it will not set your signature image. Instead, upload it using the directions above. Click it and you will go to its dedicated page. Copy the "Use in Post" link (pictured above) and return to your tools page manually. Past the code into your "Signature" area and click submit. If you wish to have your Signature Image centered do not use the "Use in Post" code. Instead scroll down to the "External full URL link" code and copy that one(also pictured above) and paste it into your "Signature" area on your tools page. Then add to the beginning [astimg] and [/atsimg] to the end and then click "Submit". If you wish to make the image a link, treat it like a "Hot Link" (See example in the image below)
If you have any problems just post your question and one of the other members can help you through it.
Enjoy your new Avatar/Background/Signature image and thank you for stopping by.
P.S. Please spread the word we love making new and imaginative images.edit on 2-12-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw
Here are two "finished" versions. They are both a touch over 25kb so there is some lee way for adjustments if you want to try something else. Both are 6 frames which is from one blue "dot" to the next. This makes it difficult to put more noticeable marks on the texture difficult as they skip back and forth. I could possibly go up to 18 frames to add the cracks and such but I am not sure it would be enough to repeat without the jump from the last frame to the first or if it would stay in the file size limit so this is where I left it. If you want me to add some more texture and the frames to make it a little more like BFFTs image I can try but there would be no guarantees, just let me know.
Here is the basic "stock of the assembly line" version.
Here is the sports model
Druid did a very nice job on setting the original to the avatar size so any one you choose to use is fine.