It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLUE screen after microsofts advice any help apreciated

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

you cant do anything when this blue screen full of codes there aint even a curser so im douting i could even screenshot to get the code

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

bed and theres times were im on the sofa moving around could this have raped it

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by Biigs

you cant do anything when this blue screen full of codes there aint even a curser so im douting i could even screenshot to get the code

i said use a camera to snap it, just saves you writing it all down since you only need to google it after you reset

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
reply to post by PhoenixOD

you can turn the auto restart off, right click "my computer" and click advanced settings, then "start up and recovery" settings, and uncheck automatically reset. this setting in nearly all versions of windows, but its location moves around, the above route is for windows 7.

Then you can leave it up there till you have the info (using your phone camera works pretty good for making this easy) and reset it when you are ready to.

Good advice

The route to the no reset settings in windows 7 is:

- Right click 'computer'
- choose 'properties' from the popup menu
- then from the window that opens click 'advanced system settings'
- In the 'startup and recovery' section click 'settings'
- Then in the 'system failure' section uncheck 'automatically restart' .

edit on 2-12-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Have you tired starting the computer up in safe mode at all? If it runs ok in safe mode without blue screening then its a driver or software issue that can be fixed.

Try and post the blue screen code here as it can be a bit tricky to interpret sometimes.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

good point,

It was "my computer" for so long i forgot it changed even tho i clicked on it just then, old habits

good change they made to just 'computer', its obvious its mine, its in my house!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

done that lets hope next time if it goes blue ill try the safemode opption thanks for the info people,
but will turning off autoatic restart not mess anything up because as you can tell im cluless wen it comes to comp probs

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

When you turn off the automatic restart option all it will do is when you get a blue screen the computer will not reset. This will give you time to write down (or take a picture as Biigs suggested) the error code thats displayed on the blue screen. You can switch off your computer by the power button when you have got the error code.

the error code will look something like :

STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000000, 0xC00E0FF0, 0xFFFFEFD4, 0xC0000000) BAD_POOL_HEADER

Post the error code here and we will try to work out what the problem is before advising taking any drastic measures like re-installing windows or swapping your hard drive.

Blue screens (stop errors) are almost always software, driver or configuration errors.

.. Stop error occurs when the kernel (area of memory in windows), or a driver running in kernel mode, encounters any error from which it cannot recover. This is usually caused by an illegal operation being performed, where the only safe action the operating system can take is to restart the computer.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
iv got a few shots of a BLUE screen that happened today but the file sizes are to big to upload and i dont know were to start to resize them could any one in the knowhow let me email them to them,to have a look at or even resize them so ican upload them,its driving me mad ,if annyone can be of asitance i will be very gratefull,sorry for the bad spelling the pics conatain all the codes ect.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
iv got a few shots of a BLUE screen that happened today but the file sizes are to big to upload and i dont know were to start to resize them could any one in the knowhow let me email them to them,to have a look at or even resize them so ican upload them,its driving me mad ,if annyone can be of asitance i will be very gratefull,sorry for the bad spelling the pics conatain all the codes ect.reply to post by PhoenixOD

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Im not sure what you mean when you say the pic is to big to upload. There's lots of free image hosting services online you could use, postimage.org is one (though ive never used it myself). Upload the image and post the link here.

Failing that you use the old fashioned pen and paper and write the code down and then post it here

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

yeah or just read it off the phone/camera screen and type it into a post

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

well when i try to put in ats uploads it says max file size 500kb and theser about 900ish so it just says error file size to large

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Thats not the only option

- Try another image file hosting site , theres lots to choose from. Imageshack will upload a 1mb image
- write the code on paper and then type it in here.
- or maybe just bring the code up on the screen of whatever you took the picture with and then type it in.

edit on 3-12-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

there blury it was bad lighting and bad phone i could get any better pics i could see if i could get my dads didgital camara when i see him and try to ge more clear one's

postimage.org...

postimage.org...

postimage.org...

postimage.org...

postimage.org...

postimage.org...

thres the links to the pic'cs
edit on 4-12-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Thats an issue with your windows.. happens a lot

Typically, the 0x000000e1 error code is often brought on by Microsoft Windows system file damage. Damaged system files are often a real hazard to the well being of your laptop or computer.

There can be lots of situations that will trigger file errors. A partial install, an incomplete file deletion, improper erasure of software applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your personal computer is infected by a trojan or adware invasion or through an incorrect shutdown of the computer system. The aforementioned actions can end up in the removal or corruption of Windows system data files. A corrupted system file will give you missing and incorrectly connected data and records vital for the correct functioning of the system.

try this link (there is a tool on the right side)

or you can try repairing your windows with the repair option on your windows installation disc
boot it with the disc and select repair

blue screen can also be caused by many other issue
like a defective memory bar (ram) or a defective sector on your hard drive
you are lucky its not the case here

oh and first .. just try to restore your windows to an earlier date
the restore option do fix a lot of issue and its a very easy step to do
you never know .. it may fix this windows E1 error blue screen you have

Start -> Program -> Accesories -> System Tool -> System Restore

Good luck

its probably a nasty virus that you got and it damaged your file system .. thats what i think

worst case scenario .. you will have to reinstall windows !
edit on 12/4/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

thanks iv got to go out now but il take a look at the link when i get home,

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
if you have mcafee uninstall it (through control panel, programs and features) and then go to the below link download the uninstall clean up tool (this removes all the bits the normal uninstall does not) if you do not have mcafee anti-virus installed, then its probably a driver issue.

download.mcafee.com...

Good luck

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I believe that there must be something hard coded in some computer's hardware to stop running Windows after a while. No way it can be different. (YAY another conspiracy !
)

Let me explain my personal experience. I have had many times friends and other people getting to me with their laptops (I'm kinda "Mr Fix-it-all" in computers, at least to them...) because they had problems.

For the main part it was indeed HDD problems. Not booting. Not able to reinstall. Not able to format. Etc.

However, in each and absolutely every occurrence I was able to load up a Ubuntu CD, format the disk, check it and report no errors on disk, and use the computer as a brand new one. So the disk had NO problem. It's something else.

MS and manufacturers, I am sure of it, have an underground agreement to make their stuff fail after a while, just so people buy new ones. There is no other way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join