It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLUE screen after microsofts advice any help apreciated

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
my coputer wouldnt shut down it was on the shutiing down screen litraly for 4 hours until batry died i had charger plufged in but the wall swich was off my mistake,so i contact microsoft help they tell me to run there diagnostics program,cant rembember name of it anyhow that found no problems but since then i have had at least 5 blue screens full of numbers and stuff saying windows stopped to cause further dammage so tried syste restore to a date b4 i installed icrosoft's crap and i get at least 5 of these blue screen errors a day i sees to hppen if ANY programs are running and i shut the lid but other ties random sorry for spelling im typing quick to not get caught out by the blue screen,

any one know whats going on?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
any one

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just reinstall windows.

Problem solved and the aggravation will be gone.

I like your signature. That's cute.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Your hard drive is failing, thats why it wouldnt shut down.

Back everything up and buy a new one before you cannot access it at all.
Laptops are notorious for failing HDD, because you move them when they are searching etc. Ive gone through 3 hard drives on this laptop im typing on in 2 years.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Hi op, Just to rule out any errors with the operating system ..........

Click start followed by my computer.

Right click hard drive and the click properties.

Click the tab that says tools and then in the error checking box click check now.

Check the boxes that say automatically fix file system errors and also the one that says to attempt recovery of bad sectors.

apply the settings. Reboot and let it run. See how that does. Good luck

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
write down the error code and google it, its likly to be bad drivers, hard drive, memory or graphics card and that error code will tell you pretty fast.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chenbo

were do i find the hard drive thingy to click on soz for sounding like a noob but....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
thanks guys ill giv it all a try if it stays alive
any more solutions feel free to let me know

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Click on your start icon/windows icon at the bottom left of your screen. Then click on my computer. You should be able to see your hard drive which will be labelled as your C drive. Then follow the steps from previous post.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
btw guys i have a laptop with a broken screen could i swap hardrives IF thats the issue i recon i should taake it to the shop just cant afford it,hope i can sort this i will go cold turkey without ATs

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
well if it turns out to be memory, swapped out the memory like the hard drive transplant you said.

Thats the easiest thing in the world and can be done in minutes too, but you have all your data and such

Pray its memory (also memory is very cheap atm).

Ifs it turns out to be the graphics card you are in trouble, or if some faulty windows drivers that can be fixed, but might be a bit of a nightmare to hunt down and do, not easy for a novice.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You can in most cases. You just need to know if the drive you are taking out is the same as the drive that you will be putting in, I.E sata or IDE.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Double post
edit on 2-12-2012 by Chenbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
For the love of it all..... "just reinstall windows" is not the answer to every
computer issue.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

windows is # but i have know idea how to run linux and just because of apple's idea stealing, human rights ethos, and price for somthing thatwas made by a slave i will never bend over and let apple.#k me im not going that route.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

lol thanks, whats cute the little guy or the very true statement underneath him

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
For the love of it all..... "just reinstall windows" is not the answer to every
computer issue.

True. That response typically comes from Linux users and granted, it's much easier to do then with Win., but most people have no idea how to reinstall an OS let alone find the drivers afterwards.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Your computer not shutting down is not a direct sign of a failing hard drive. It seems every time someone has a problem these days people immediately jump to the "you hard drive is failing answer". 9 times out of 10 this is not the case.

Reinstall windows is another lazy idea and should be a last resort not a first choice.

First off ,Haven123 what version of windows are you running?

When you get the blue screen it should give you an error code. Its not always easy to write it down before the computer resets but if you can write it down and post it here then it will be a lot easier to work out what the problem is.

edit on 2-12-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

7 but the code dont stay long enuf the last few times is says somthing about memory dumping files then goes after ten or so seconds then windows boots up but the most of the time the blue screen stays and i have to hold power button gor tensecconds to manualy turn it off pissing me right off just as im in between jobs ans using it to apply for/send C'V'S out
once this virus scan is finnished im backing up all my stuff incase its terminal

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

you can turn the auto restart off, right click "my computer" and click advanced settings, then "start up and recovery" settings, and uncheck automatically reset. this setting in nearly all versions of windows, but its location moves around, the above route is for windows 7.

Then you can leave it up there till you have the info (using your phone camera works pretty good for making this easy) and reset it when you are ready to.

Do you use the laptop on the bed or carpet or any non hard surface? This can create heat problems if the fans cant get the heat out of the vents and have been known to upset the cpu/gpu/memory
edit on 2-12-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join