It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLUE screen after microsofts advice any help apreciated

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

thats the antivirus i use is that the issue you think?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince
most things these days are built to break but i allways thought computers could be fixed unless physicly broken
havnt has one so far today*fingers crossed*

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I looked up your error log and reason for crash, and thats what i found out.

Ive got a long IT history and im sure ive had this issue before (and that fix worked), but without that all important error it would have been impossible to tell.

Try removing it and see what happen, remember to backup your registration information when requested, so you can reinstall it with the same license, should it not fix the issue.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Well it's not actually "broken" or unusable. It's just that Windows won't boot, won't repair, and won't re-install.

I've tried several times to re-install Windows on such computers after having installed Ubuntu (and in the process, formatted completely the hard disk). It just wouldn't do. However while running Ubuntu, everything was fine and the disk checked showed no sign of error.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Its not clear at this stage exactly whats causing the problem but its certainly pointing to something software based.

I would
1 - uninstall mcafee like Biigs suggested here.

2 - use system restore and try to restore it to a date before the problem started like Ben81 suggested here

3 - open up an elevated command prompt and type sfc /scannow
- to open an elevated command prompt. go to your start menu search bar and type cmd
- Then hold down Ctrl + shift and click the option cmd.exe thats listed under Programs(1)
- You will have to confirm you are an administrator at this point
- In the box that opens up type sfc /scannow
- If the scanning finds any errors let it finish and then repeat the process.
- restart the computer when you have completed a scan finding no errors.

4 - If the computer still blue screens after the first 3 steps ,Id run the computer in safe mode for a while and see if it blue screens. You can get to safe mode by tapping F8 repeatedly while the computer boots up.

The point of running it in safe mode is to see if its a driver problem. Safe mode loads a set of 'safe' standard drivers that are different from your usual drivers. Let us know if it runs ok in safe mode if you get this far.

edit on 4-12-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
wrong post
edit on 4-12-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

iv backed up all my files to a portble harddrive but now what how do i insall nd what do install? (if you mean install windows it came loded and i havnt got a disk) sorry but imm kina noob at computer problems unless siple thanks for all your help

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

iv had a full day without my nemisis the blue screen so figers crosex it will stay away if it returns i will do all what you said thanks for the swift replys

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join