It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4 elements - Fire, Water, Air, Earth (Which is the most powerful in your opinion? Which came fir

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Air seems powerful because, Fire, Water, AND Earth needs air.

Water also seems powerful because without it, all life would die. And, water can be Solid, Liquid, AND Gas...

What do you think?

From big bang perspective, which elements would come first?

Fire (Light, Gas, Stars, Nitrogen, Sulfur) ?

Water (Hydrogen)?

Earth (Dust Particles matter)?

Air (Atmosphere, Space)?

Very interesting subject...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Spirit = the most powerful

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Earth.

Has the ability to produce everything else.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
electricity
or electro magnetic charge it can be defined as fire
at least from my uneducated perspective,
by that there is in all elements same charge wich cause them to act
so, fire will be my answer

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Water also seems powerful because without it, all life would die. And, water can be Solid, Liquid, AND Gas...

What do you think?

Fire (Light, Gas, Stars, Nitrogen, Sulfur) ?

Water (Hydrogen)?

Earth (Dust Particles matter)?

Air (Atmosphere, Space)?

Very interesting subject...

Only fire needs air...not sure where you're getting that ground and water need air. And fire consumes air, destroying it in the process. not the same type of need you're thinking.
You need to learn science some time, you make some silly mistakes, no offense.

I think you're missing the whole point of the 4 elements thing. It's basically a cycle, there isn't one all powerful one.

Fire destroys air, air destroys earth, earth destroys water, and water destroys fire.
maybe some cross reactions between water and air, and fire and earth, but the point is the same....it's a cycle.

there is no all powerful one. Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Water is H2O, O for OXYGEN so of course water needs air,
Maybe, you are right though about the soil/land not needing air, but space would be considered air (atmosphere) so earth still needs to be in outer space...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Water is H2O, O for OXYGEN so of course water needs air,
Maybe, you are right though about the soil/land not needing air, but space would be considered air (atmosphere) so earth still needs to be in outer space...

Except air isn't the same as Oxygen. so no, water doesn't need air.

and space isn't in the picture. plus space is a vacuum. There's no air up there.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I know there is no air in space...
Air is being defined as an "element" - it is more abstract (spirit, atmosphere, or space)...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Air.

Subtle or all out. Through any crack that allows it. Always present. Malleable to all the elements.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yes, the element of spiritual energy; something we know very little about.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I believe it is referred to as Aether; and my vote is Air/Aether. I'm prejudice with being a Gemini.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What do you think?

You're just having some fun, right? You know that there are 118 elements, and none of them are earth, air, fire and water?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The tetrahedron, octahedron, cube & icosahedron (first four Platonic solids) were regarded by the ancient Greeks as the shapes of the particles of the elements Fire, Air, Earth & Water. They have been shown by a theoretical physicist to embody various numbers characterising the 3-dimensional structure of the E8xE8' heterotic superstring, whilst their faces embody the dimension 248 of E8. Also, he has proved that the five Platonic solids embody the dimension 496 of E8xE8'. For details, see:
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...

(You may need to study some of the earlier sections in order to understand the mathematics.)
The Element Aether represented by the dodecahedron comes first. This regular polyhedron has been shown mathematically to map all levels of reality. Details may be found at the website. The four solids represent the four states of matter: solid, liquid, gaseous and radiant (electromagnetic) energy found in the physical universe described by the mathematics of E8', whilst the dodecahedron relates to the etheric state of matter, which in superstring theory is predicted to be invisible shadow matter described by the second Lie group E8'. The ancient intuition that the first four Platonic solids had a connection with the physics of the cosmos was correct. What was wrong was the belief that their shapes were the shapes of the particles of the Elements. Instead, the first four Platonic solids embody the Lie group mathematics of the unified force between superstrings, as well as their 3-dimensional form, as has now been proved. We can now see that they shapes are not only found in the forms of many chemical molecules, viruses, etc, but are also profoundly connected to the very forces operating between superstrings and to their 3-dimensional structure.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj

You're just having some fun, right? You know that there are 118 elements, and none of them are earth, air, fire and water?

That's according to science. They happen to label things differently, but even in that table things can be grouped to the 4 elements.

Oxygen would be the element of air (and many other "particles" which makes up air).

Different metals would be "Earth"

Chemical elements - that which is strongly and easily flammable would be fire

Hydrogen and the other chemicals which easily forms "wetness" would be water...

Anyway, this is just a guess of how it can all fit.

My point was that science is defining the elements in a different way (particles/molecules) then the FOUR elements of the whole bigger picture.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
water can extinguish fire and wash away earth so it seems like it would be the most powerful

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I don't believe that any one element is stronger than another. They are interdependant.

Fire needs air to burn. Air needs fire and water (hot and cold) for movement. Water needs air for its very make-up. Water can either stagnate with earth as in a stagnant pond or be transformed into a roaring waterfall. Earth would not transform without fire burning it or wind moving it or water moving it. This is from an astroligical perspective.

In the final analysis though, life itself needs all four elements. Without all four elements a seed will remain a seed.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
According to the Panchadasi, Aether came first, followed by air, fire, water and finally, earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

That seems to make sense.

Air (Space), Fire (Light, Stars, Energy), water (Hydrogen, Liquids), and then earth (matter, dust, land)...

I think abiogensis of universe from scientists say this too, right?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That is possible... If it's the case, I raise my hat to the ancients.

edit on 2-12-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Looking at the literal elements you mention? I don't know. Looking at what they represent? They are most powerful in balance.

<<   2  3 >>

join