It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4 elements - Fire, Water, Air, Earth (Which is the most powerful in your opinion? Which came fir

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Although they all came out together, it is customary to see the elements as coming out in sequence. It facilitates the understanding.

Fire, Air, Water and Earth is the generally acceptable sequence. Some occultists have swapped Air and Fire - putting Air first.

They are inter-dependent as already pointed out.

Ultimately the represent the Tetragramaton - unutterable name of God (Yod, Heh,Vay, Heh).

They are in everything. In the four worlds of the qabalist, Earth is a thhe bottom (our physiical world). Above us the Astral World (Water). The 4 elements are in everything, even our physical body.

I have no preference but each element has its purpose and can be worked with.

edit on 8-1-2014 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Water is H2O, O for OXYGEN so of course water needs air,

well Oxygen is one of the gasses that the air we breath compromises of, so it doesn't need air but a part of what you perceive air to be.

but space would be considered air (atmosphere) so earth still needs to be in outer space...

Space would be considered air? Your perception of air as I see it compromises of oxygen, how much oxygen is found in space?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

"All in all
Each element is decomposed and regenerated by that which is contained in it. eg air has fire, water and earth in it.
Ether is the 5th element.
Three forms of elements
AIR 1) Purest form of air =vital spirit of animals
2)Atmosphere
3) associates with water (as fire does with its kindred earth)."

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Air, because of its composition, structure, molecules, revolving atoms.

enough said

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Arpgme:
Water is H2O, O for OXYGEN so of course water needs air,
Maybe, you are right though about the soil/land not needing air, but space would be considered air (atmosphere) so earth still needs to be in outer space...

You have to look to the elements in nature to determine which one’s go together and which one are antagonistic.

Water is compatible with Earth, because the Earth gives Water shape and form, and Water in turn gives Earth moisture. For without form water would have nowhere to go. Fire is compatible with Air, because without Air the Fire goes out, no. When I state compatible it also relates to Astrology and peoples birth signs. Fire signs do not get along with Earth signs because Fire scorches the Earth and is antagonistic. The Elements are both without and within a person, as above, so below.

You have not mentioned the MOST important and most powerful of ALL elements in your thread which is the Ether, the quintessence. It is classed as the mother of all elements. It is mentioned in the bible but most don’t know it as the “one river coming out of Eden (ether) splits into four heads/rivers (Air, Fire, Water, Earth) to water the garden”.

I’m not discussing the 118 elements mentioned by some here. The elements of the ancients was given to people to understand the universe and also ourselves. These are also the elements of Ayurveda and the Chinese system. Of course we do not have the physical objects of fire or earth in our bodies, but these were interpreted as the fire of our digestive system to burn up the food in the oven of our stomachs and the heat of the blood etc. Whenever the Fire element in the body was lacking, air elements treatments were prescribed. Earth element in the body was interpreted as solidity of the bones, etc.

The accepted sequence of manifestation of the elements into a human being is from the highest vibratory rate of Ether, Air, Fire Water to its densest rate of vibration in matter Earth.

Chiram
edit on 9-1-2014 by chiram because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2014 by chiram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've always wondered, how come electricity isn't part of the elements?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They all seem pretty balanced in their own attributes, especially if you got the idea from Avatar:the Last Airbender, when one of characters try teaching a lightning reversal trick, all of them are interconnected. I tired finding the video on youtube, but they are all AMV. Which I despise.

Electricity can come from Volcanoes due to the static build up from the dust when it hit friction. Wind can blow out fire if its a big enough gust, or feed if it to weak. Earth elements can be explosive when in contact with fire, while metals are refined minerals from the earth, and some can catch on fire, and some won't, while other you pray you never come close if it does.
Some metals can eat other metal away. It all chemistry....Which I despise.

It just a big cycle.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

WonderBoi
I've always wondered, how come electricity isn't part of the elements?

Are you talking about chemical elements?

A chemical element is a pure chemical substance consisting of one type of atom distinguished by its atomic number, which is the number of protons in its nucleus. Elements are divided into metals, metalloids, and non-metals. Familiar examples of elements include carbon, oxygen (non-metals), silicon, arsenic (metalloids), aluminium, iron, copper, gold, mercury, and lead (metals).

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Earth is the powerful ones, without it, others don't exist in this planet.

Earth is probably the first element.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
fire?

see sig

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yes, Earth is the first element on Planet Earth. That much is obvious. You are relating the elements to the planet itself. I am speaking on a cosmic scale.

did fire (in other words any burning substance) exist first or water (basically hydrogen)?

Someone mentions, Fire, Air, Water Earth

I would say this makes some sense.

Fire (Singularity before the expansion of energy creating space and time)

Air (Space and Time - Movement - The Big Bang - The Spreading of energy)

Water (Hydrogen existing)

Earth (finally planets)

I'm still not sure if this is a good order but it seems to make sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Fire (Singularity before the expansion of energy creating space and time)
Air (Space and Time - Movement - The Big Bang - The Spreading of energy)
Water (Hydrogen existing)
Earth (finally planets)

IMO

I highly doubt Fire = singularity or its energy,,,, when i think of initial energy, i think something like lightning. Fire is a crude result of bunch of materials. If you mention Fire as the heat it produces which is energy, then that is a whole different subject.

Air is not equal to space time, air is just a chemical compound, i t never existed during expansion... i look at expansion as a vacuum.

Water itself is much later, but if u pick apart by hydrogen, then that is also a whole different matter... because think of all the elements in "earth".

Earth is think is pretty much the initial matter produced during the big bang.

To me it would be Earth > Water > Air > Fire

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join