It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Goodbye to God and Religion in just 33 Minutes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

See, this is why religion actually scares me. SOOOO many of the religious here won't even offer counter arguments on a topic. They just want to wallow in their beliefs without honing them to further enhance what they claim to believe in.

If you really believe that Jesus was god, that there really is a heaven and a hell, and a devil to tempt you, then wouldn't you want to make DAMN sure you've got it right? I mean, you are playing with the idea that you could very well end up in eternal damnation

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by LittleByLittle

It is Christians who create division with their spiritual views. Either you believe in "God" or you do not. Either you know Jesus or you do not. Either you worship or you do not. And then you find every possible way to convince us that we really do believe in your "God" - and if you are denied, then you declare that we are condemned, and that we will all see one day when your "God" comes to judge us and cast us into hell! Right after telling us how much he loves us!

Oh, what a sad little story.

Some Christians do but from my point of view those who do it does not understand Jesus at all.

So you mean Richard Dawkins with his denial of all religion/supernatural is right.
. Lol he has no clue at all, since he has not experianced any of it. He is like a person who is telling a pilot that the pilot cannot fly the plane since the airplanes do not exist in his view of the world.

Richard Dawkins is an incredibly intelligent man and managed to "convert" (if you will) many religious people into aethiests. I love how some Christians have wished death upon him.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

It is Christians who create division with their spiritual views. Either you believe in "God" or you do not. Either you know Jesus or you do not. Either you worship or you do not. And then you find every possible way to convince us that we really do believe in your "God" - and if you are denied, then you declare that we are condemned, and that we will all see one day when your "God" comes to judge us and cast us into hell! Right after telling us how much he loves us!

Some Christians do but from my point of view those who do it does not understand Jesus at all.

So you mean Richard Dawkins with his denial of all religion/supernatural is right.
. Lol he has no clue at all, since he has not experianced any of it. He is like a person who is telling a pilot that the pilot cannot fly the plane since the airplanes do not exist in his view of the world.

Richard Dawkins is an incredibly intelligent man and managed to "convert" (if you will) many religious people into aethiests. I love how some Christians have wished death upon him.

Intelligent yes. Seeking the truth of what really is: If he is then he is missing the mark bigtime but he is not alone. Most people get caught in the ego mind and cannot find their way out of it. I wonder if I have trapped myself in my own ego mind. Maybe.

Just to clarify. I am the type of person who see many fundamentalist christians as fools but that does not mean I belive in the other extreme that is Dawkins. I wish Dawkins was a truth seeker instead. If he was then he could have free us from smallminded religion forever. When you can ask god/reality conciousness/ONE directly without priests/manipulative people then smallminded human dogma dissapear.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Intelligent yes. Seeking the truth of what really is: If he is then he is missing the mark bigtime but he is not alone. Most people get caught in the ego mind and cannot find their way out of it. I wonder if I have trapped myself in my own ego mind. Maybe.

Just to clarify. I am the type of person who see many fundamentalist christians as fools but that does not mean I belive in the other extreme that is Dawkins. I wish Dawkins was a truth seeker instead. If he was then he could have free us from smallminded religion forever. When you can ask god/reality conciousness/ONE directly without priests/manipulative people then smallminded human dogma dissapear.

How is he caught in the "ego mind"? Is it because you're afraid as to what he can back his statements up with?

And please don't compare to god as reality, please please please! Don't. I got enough of mindless brainwashing when I was in school thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

And please don't compare to god as reality, please please please! Don't. I got enough of mindless brainwashing when I was in school thanks.

Who says the "god" entity isn't a part of reality, maybe a force of nature? That's what the Nordic's called it, right? Lightning, rain, water, flame, love, etc. All forces of nature. All gods. Who says the word "god" automatically has to equate with Christianity?

Seriously - Christianity doesn't own the monopoly on the word "god".

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Krono

Who says the "god" entity isn't a part of reality, maybe a force of nature? That's what the Nordic's called it, right? Lightning, rain, water, flame, love, etc. All forces of nature. All gods. Who says the word "god" automatically has to equate with Christianity?

I didn't say it equates to Christianity, I was under the impression that the above poster (to whom I replied to) is a Christian.

But yea, that's why I think religion is flawed, there are soooooo many different interpretations on "god" or "gods".

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Krono

I didn't say it equates to Christianity, I was under the impression that the above poster (to whom I replied to) is a Christian.

But yea, that's why I think religion is flawed, there are soooooo many different interpretations on "god" or "gods".

Wrong assumption. I would call myself a spiritual mystic and organised religion/conditioning is not for me. Too limiting and too blind and too little questioning of what is amd using of the mind. I can seek anyplace I want without people telling me what is right or wrong, be it Baghavagita, Buddha, Jesus or quantum theory.

From my point of view most Christians have no clue what Jesus is really explaining but I might be judging them to hard. Christian hahahahaha
. That was really funny. An atheists that thinks I am a Christian while some of the Christians tell me I will burn in hell if I do not follow their views and their supposed free holyness granted by Jesus.

My signature might have given you another impression.
Bryan Kearney feat. Snatam Kaur - Ong Namo

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Funny. Could have sworn I've seen you throwing in with the Christians. Not making it sound like there's sides or anything - just saying that I've seen you defending those beliefs. Yet you're not Christian?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

How is he caught in the "ego mind"? Is it because you're afraid as to what he can back his statements up with?

He is stuck in his own ego mind thought and perception of what he think reality is and cannot let go off it and because of it he will not see things that truelly are and never will be able to experiance things that is part of human life that millions of people around the world experiance.

Dawkins is for me the prophet of a fundamentalistic science religion where he ridicules things he do not understand and make sure it is a vs struggle instead of examining things as a good seeker/scientist should do and see if there is any way to prove what people are saying and experiancing. The reason I do not like his influence is that his viewpoint will limit real research into things that should have been explained long ago.

There is a reason people all over the world are meditating and experiancing altered states of conciousness.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Funny. Could have sworn I've seen you throwing in with the Christians. Not making it sound like there's sides or anything - just saying that I've seen you defending those beliefs. Yet you're not Christian?

If they say something I agree with, I can agree with it. Depends on your definition of Christian. But if you mean the religious club that belive they get a free pass for uttering Jesus name then no.

Faith is not needed and can in fact be in the way when seeking god/higher self. Put your ideas to the test. Listen to 1 hour of chakra meditative sounds before you go to sleep for 2 months and see if you can notice any difference in your body and increased happiness?

Have you heard many Christians say that faith can be in the way for finding god and telling you to meditate with chakra sound?

His bodies nerve senses probably got temporarily overloaded or something else biological so he could not feel "crown chakra cap" and got scared that he was abandoned.

Again how many Christians say the word chakras even if some of them have experianced the wheels?

Yeep everything is a new normal we have not experianced before. The middle way of an argument. Me I am wasting time playing around with extremes/dualities for laughts.

How many Christians talk about the middle way between two extremes/dualities and belive nonduality is the reality of everything that exists?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by SevenThunders

God is pretty good about showing himself to many people and through big events throughout history....

Or .. people explaining things that they don;t understand to be "god"... remember when thunder was god's anger?

Plus.. when you put Abrahamic faith on the pedestal and base all the history on that you lost all credential from me on this subject....

I can tolerate when someone talk about "god" in general aspect, but they choose the "my god is greater" attitude, they instantly lose all credential.

Suit yourself, but Israel is not going away and neither are the Jews no matter how much you long for it. In fact the worlds hatred towards christians and jews was also prophesied thousands of years ago. All the details of history over thousands of years turning out just as foretold. That's pretty powerful to me.

I suppose you can just get chipped in order to buy or sell and then turn in any relatives who still believe to the proper authorities and then still conclude that it's all fake, even though Jesus said that's what the world would do in these last days.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

He is stuck in his own ego mind thought and perception of what he think reality is and cannot let go off it and because of it he will not see things that truelly are and never will be able to experiance things that is part of human life that millions of people around the world experiance.

Dawkins is for me the prophet of a fundamentalistic science religion where he ridicules things he do not understand and make sure it is a vs struggle instead of examining things as a good seeker/scientist should do and see if there is any way to prove what people are saying and experiancing. The reason I do not like his influence is that his viewpoint will limit real research into things that should have been explained long ago.

There is a reason people all over the world are meditating and experiancing altered states of conciousness.

I'll give you time to read the hypocrisy in your post.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join