It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Found a Secret Unicorn Lair, Apparently

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

www.theatlanticwire.com

"Archaeologists of the History Institute of the DPRK Academy of Social Sciences have recently reconfirmed a lair of the unicorn rode by King Tongmyong, founder of the Koguryo Kingdom,"

wait. Stop. UNICORNS? That's an actual snippet from a report from the Korean Central News Agency, the state news agency of North Korea and fine, okay, we totally understand that this might be a retaliatory joke in response to China getting fooled by The Onion naming Kim Jong-un the Sexiest Man Alive or something.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11/30/2012 by semperfortis because: To more accurately reflect the news story

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
WoW!! Finally some good new from DPRK !! This is really amazing news!!

Its just too bad that it Unicorn's have to exist in a country that is so hard to visit!! Crap!!

Oh well, I'm sure theuy will share some info with the world...they do like to brag!!
I wish there would have been some pictures of them in the article..and I sure hope they don't eat them.

www.theatlanticwire.com

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yeah, their version of the unicorn sure doesn't instill any warm fuzzy feelings. Looks like it would rather eat you!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

The grandbaby and I saw the Easter Bunny in the back yard yesterday. Thank goodness the Easter Bunny is really fast or he never would have escaped under the fence before the dog made a snack out of him! That would have been tough to explain!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Where's the pictures of the skeleton?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The "unicorn" to which they refer....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Don't laugh. The unicorn lair was right next to the fairy compound! On the outskirts of Narnia no less....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
A guy called Michael Han posted this in the comments.

"This is an unfortunate mistranslation of a legendary horse (called "girin" in Korean, and the same name has been used for a giraffe when that was introduced to the East by Zheng He) that supposedly has a holy man, or a king as its rider. The king often becomes a mythical figure as well as his horse.

In other words, a typical news agency would have said used the word "horse", but North Korea believes itself to be a resurgence of the ancient Goguryeo (aka Koguryo) kingdom, and often forgets to close the linguistic gap during translation."

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Its a shame that, if North Korea does have unicorns, they're only going to get eaten by a population that's existed at the very edge of starvation for 20 or 30 years.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

www.theatlanticwire.com

"Archaeologists of the History Institute of the DPRK Academy of Social Sciences have recently reconfirmed a lair of the unicorn rode by King Tongmyong, founder of the Koguryo Kingdom,"

Thanks for the share, I haven't laughed this hard in a while!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's actually called a Ki-Rin, if I am not mistaken. Look that up in Google images.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Those poor people are starving. I guarantee you it was only a matter of minutes after this "lair" was discovered that this went from an archaeological find to a hunting expedition.

The first unicorn they would have found would have been gutted, quartered, and boiling in a pot in record time.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Those poor people are starving. I guarantee you it was only a matter of minutes after this "lair" was discovered that this went from an archaeological find to a hunting expedition.

The first unicorn they would have found would have been gutted, quartered, and boiling in a pot in record time.

Oh man, now this is funny! And very true!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oh god.

Soon their Tanks and Planes will run not on gasoline, but Dreams and Rainbows...

Oh wait.

They don't have dreams or rainbows in North Korea....

***wipes sweat off brow***

That was a close one.

SS
edit on 113030p://am3004 by Spike Spiegle because: off

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I like, I LOVE North Korea... whenever you think all is invented and done this Nation goes beyond everything possible ! Such a entertainment..

Its Sci-Fi in its best

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So dragon with a penis on It's head translates to unicorn when going from Korean to English?

That's some weird kinky stuff right there.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Probably a normal horse that's suffered extreme radiation from there nukes

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The Qilin is a mythical beast not at all like the Western Unicorn...

But it is exactly the Unicorn Lair they are mentioning

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

What it's not Princess Luna!!!!!!!!

I am sad.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
quick - someone check on HAARP activity in the area

top topics

<<   2 >>

join