It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon appreciation thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
there ain't nothing like bacon, i like.

pork chops deep fried .
take em out, wrap in bacon.
and fry again.
damn!
edit on 1-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

O.o

Ooohh wrong bacon.. Soz

My "Bacon Number" is holding steady at 2. (I was in a film with someone who was in a film with Kevin). Not into THAT kinda bacon myself
But, I do loves me some crunchy, salty lovely BACON. ALL HAIL BACON!!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I declare this thread my home front for the battle of bacon supremacy...

edit on 1-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Friends, I urge you to visit the following link for 100+ bacon recipes.

Pork: Be Inspired (Bacon)

I remember as a kid, growing up in a very large lower-middle class family, my mother would make huge batches of food to feed us all. One of her greatest recipes was potato soup. It was mostly plain, some potatoes and celery in the big vat, but right after she ladleed it into our bowls, she crumbled part of a slice of crispy bacon over the top... oh such a brilliant finishing move Mom!!! Turning blah into divinity

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

and we shall declare bacon war on you for your treaty, it is a sneak thief of our bacon liberties....It shall not pass!

then, the first shots were fired, breaking the cease fire, and the peace. So began the great wars and times of great sorrow.....so began the bacon wars....

USS Bacon fires upon enemy capitol, and starts hostilities

The bacon rebels declared in one voice that they shall bear not witness to the hoarding of bacon by the few, that they shall not surrender their bacon to tyranny, and that above all, that as free bacon lovers they shall stand defiantly in line at vegetarian establishments and demand their fair share of bacon!

The enemy vessel, the ISS BBQ ribs fires back....

Together brothers, once more into the fray.....let us take our bacon by force if by due shopping it be denied to us.

Then a squadron of rebel air ships surprises the ISS BBQ, sinking her with all bacon lost

By land sea and air, take hold of your bacon and nom with me!

Our brave rebel, General Mc.crispy Pork, leading the charge upon the enemy capital braves the enemy cannons, with nothing but one lone slice....

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

With the enemy capitol in ruins, and the rebel force already feeling the withdrawal of bacon grease, the nights grew longer and the grills grew colder. Then from amongst the shattered nation rose one man. He held in his hand the long forgotten ambrosia. The Bacon that all this suffering was fought over, now lost to both sides.

With one fell swoop he restored peace to the threads of the land. Giving bacon to all that would have it.

As if sent by God, he provided bacon where there once was none. The treacherous treaty offered so long ago that would have restricted bacon-dom to a few elite hands was revised, and soon, the bacon did flow....

who was this savior? who what was his name?

They only called him by one name.....Don Baicoon.

and so like all things, by bacon was peace restored.

Peace took time to restore, but all coped as best they could.....

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here's a little tidbit of trivia for you all, a pig's orgasm lasts for thirty minutes. That must be why bacon tastes so damn good.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I woke my wife up with a bacon sandwich in bed this morning.

"Do you have to chew your food like that when you're drunk?" she shouted. "It's 3am!"

I gave "cow tipping" a shot this morning.

I slipped the wife a dollar and she put an extra rasher of bacon with my eggs.

edit on 1-12-2012 by KaiserSoze because: lame reason given

edit on 1-12-2012 by KaiserSoze because: even lamer reason given

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
Friends, I urge you to visit the following link for 100+ bacon recipes.

Pork: Be Inspired (Bacon)

I remember as a kid, growing up in a very large lower-middle class family, my mother would make huge batches of food to feed us all. One of her greatest recipes was potato soup. It was mostly plain, some potatoes and celery in the big vat, but right after she ladleed it into our bowls, she crumbled part of a slice of crispy bacon over the top... oh such a brilliant finishing move Mom!!! Turning blah into divinity

THANKS BACON MAN !

That link should be hot welded to this thread

I am going to make myself some bacon ice now

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The US senate has voted!

It is okay to have two bacon threads on ATS.

The fiscal cliff thing is still going to happen, we're all doomed, but the bacon thing passed the senate!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Was a great day Hefficide.

Putting aside our differences for the greater good of bacon.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The world would truly be a better place if Muslims and Jews sat down and ate bacon together.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
When shopping for bacon, always buy it fresh from a local butcher. Whatever you do, don't buy any of that "cured" bacon before you find out what was wrong with it.

JAK

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Tim Minchin - Peace Anthem For Palestine

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Out of curiousity and to guage devotion to not eating pork I asked my Jewish friend, "If you were stranded in the desert with no food for five days and were offered a bacon sandwich, would you eat it?"

He said, "How much would I have to pay for this sandwich?"

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I love bacon so much, when I eat it I get a lardon. My missus is in the hospital at the moment, so today I had to make my own bacon sandwich. They just don't taste the same when you're surrounded by angry firemen.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My cousin divorced her Muslim husband. He couldn't bring home the bacon.
edit on 2-12-2012 by KaiserSoze because: misspelled colonoscopy

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Twice the Bacon for all, and all is now well with ATS.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join