It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon appreciation thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Damnit you guys! lol I was so trying to be good today. Now all I can think of is bacon, Spam (the bacon kind that was posted, I love that) and corned beef hash. I eat breakfast for dinner once a week just for the purposes of worshipping at the bacon alter.

And when we have a pot-luck at work I always bring bacon-wrapped water chestnuts.

My fav kind is the stuff you buy from farmers. It comes in a block wrapped in brown paper. You have to slice it and season it yourself. OH god *touches herself* it's almost sexual.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You know who I feel bad for? Canadians and Brits who think bacon is from the back or side of the pig. Tsk-tsk. Real 'Merican bacon is from the belly.

Fat. Wonderful. Streaky Bacon. Made the 'Merican way.

Bacon.

NOT bacon.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I can appreciate a thread like this, everything goes with bacon

everything

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
You know who I feel bad for? Canadians and Brits who think bacon is from the back or side of the pig. Tsk-tsk. Real 'Merican bacon is from the belly.

Fat. Wonderful. Streaky Bacon. Made the 'Merican way.

Bacon.

NOT bacon.

Well we do have streaky bacon here in the UK.......but that first pic looks like a heart attack on a plate!
lol

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A month ago I made roux out of bacon fat and used it in a big pot of chicken and sausage gumbo.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"Canadian" Bacon only exists in America. When you buy bacon in Canada it looks exactly the same as the bacon you buy in America. What Americans call "Canadian Bacon" Canadians call Ham. Although they do have Back Bacon there too.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

I am so glad this thread came up, as I have a question I have needed an answer to for some time now.

Now, whilst I do rather like bacon sandwiches and do a lovely bacon & pasta which involves frying the bacon in olive oil with fresh garlic and herb de provance before mixing it into the pasta, I have been wondering for a while what is going on with this 'bacon everything/bacon worship' craze that is on so many forums/social networks/posters etc.
Yes I like bacon, but I also adore prawns, salmon, chicken, lamb, black pudding, sausages....... so why bacon?

Anyone wondered if this was started by some bacon marketing board to make bacon the 'in' thing to be into?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Yup , BACON is addicting . And the food of ZOMBIES.
As I leave the stage amid a plethora of BOOOOOOO s

running with the wolves

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

This was my Thanksgiving Turkey this year....No basting...just super juicy bacon flavored turkey.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

I'm struggling here. I can't hold back these tears of joy for much longer, so I gotta make this short, and simply say.....

[color=82FFEA]This↓↓ is the most beautiful '.gif' I have ever seen. [color=757575]. . . . . . . . lol

Originally posted by Spacespider

edit on 11/30/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

.......Needless to say, I just finished a bacon sandwich.
1 slice of cheese and [color=FF9E1F]too much bacon.........
[align=center][color=FF9E1F]BLASPHEMER!!!!![/align]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/fe4f4e5ac9.gif[/atsimg]
I hope you don't talk to your mother with that filthy mouth.

I didn't want it to come to this, but you have left me with no other choice. We're gonna have to wash out your filthy mouth with bacon grease, so that you will remember to never again make such an atrocious comment.

The only time you could ever possibly have '[color=FF9E1F]too much bacon' on a sandwich, is if it is just too big to pick it up. If you can pick it up without it falling apart, then you do not have '[color=FF9E1F]too much bacon'.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos

.......I have been wondering for a while what is going on with this 'bacon everything/bacon worship' craze that is on so many forums/social networks/posters etc.

I don't actually know what his reason might be. Nor do I know the extent of his involvement, but I am sure that in one way or another, Chuck Norris is somehow involved.

edit on 11/30/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chagahunter

Yup , BACON is addicting . And the food of ZOMBIES.
As I leave the stage amid a plethora of BOOOOOOO s

running with the wolves

Hmmm, I think addictive might be the better word.....and yes, you can call me a grammar Nazi if you like. I can understand how bacon can be addictive, it is probably pumped full of chemicals to make it so, and yes it is very tasty too. However, it has always been this way, so why the sudden plethora of 'we love bacon' and 'bacon rules' slogans? Reminds me of many other marketing campaigns from the likes of the Milk Marketing Board or the Meat Marketing Board. So, what do you think? Is it possible this trend was started by some CEO?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Bacon, the gateway meat of vegetarians.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
mmmmm...bacon.This one time I used bacon grease to make home made popcorn...mmmmm bacon

link   

god bless his black heart if so.....

Mr.CEO....thank you...you have showed us the light,

now shut up, take my money and health, and give me bacon!

edit on 30-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Logos23

I would prefer a Spam appreciation thread......but i am prepared to get carried away for bacon still!

May God bless America for giving us Brits Spam!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, there is the best of both worlds: Spam with Hormel bacon! It's such a tasty treat!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
One thing I haven't had in a long time is Fresh Side, which is like bacon, but from the side meat, not the belly. Haven't had that in ages.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

Well, there is the best of both worlds: Spam with Hormel bacon! It's such a tasty treat!

I've never seen any other kind of Spam in the UK supermarkets other than the original one...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
How does a thread like this merit 16 flags? Come on people don't get distracted. This is why stars were invented.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join