It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Curiosity newest panaroma.. Martian Family!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I know I will get flamed big-time for posting this but oh well. This is a very recent panorama from Curiosity, PIA16453.

I think this picture is awesome and I also think there is a ton of stuff to look at and find in it.

I came across this while browsing, and while I don't believe it is actually an alien family, its fun to look and see...

Look at 'em, just camped out under that rock. Looks like a Dad there and a little one to his left.

Here is a bigger picture for reference.

and another..

Please don't flame me too hard, I am more interested in getting people to go look at the image themselves than I am trying to get anyone to agree with me.

What say you ATS?

edit on 29-11-2012 by JayDub113 because: fixed typo

edit on 29-11-2012 by JayDub113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I am going to go out on a limb here...

I see rocks.

ETA: I gave you a star and flag for your bravery.
edit on 29-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The very top picture, looks like the right profile of a face and semi-balding guy with side burns.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Fair enough, but I challenge anyone who says "just rocks" to go look at the original image. Download it, zoom in on it and just look around. Hey the martian family is rocks ..OK, but there ARE in fact some things that don't look at all like rocks.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Took a while to let the pareidolia sink in but I see it now: left is a guy in a chair and on the right there is a little dude standing. Funny!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Kinda looked to me like they're both sitting, the figure in the center facing away from us. I just spied it while perusing and thought it'd be a fun thread, if only to out all the "nothing to see here" folk.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Obviously, it's a Christmas manger scene, so what? Oh, wait....

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

There's DJ, man you are like a magnet. I knew you'd be here but not so soon...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

I think this picture is awesome and I also think there is a ton of stuff to look at and find in it.

I agree , downloaded the 24mb unadjusted version yesterday the view is spectacular

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks gortex for getting what's important. There is a world of wonder out there we only have to go look.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The downloaded pic is amazing, thanks op.

I see a gorilla patting a prone reindeer on the rump. ( maybe santa incognito?)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I don't see a family, but i found a white bright shiny object. It's on the right side of the image.

imgur.com...

imgur.com...

imgur.com...
edit on 29-11-2012 by Alternator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternator

Wow, nice find.. Probably an "image artifact"

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Yeah, there are some black dots in the back too, all in one line, i think it's for measuring distance or something.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
**slams head into table over and over**

Really?... has this forum really dropped this low?

Look at the 'family' then look at the rocks around that area, look back at the 'family' ... engage braincells. Look at the direction of shadow, where the edge of the 'cliff/rise' shadow falls and where parts of the 'cliff's slope peek out from that shadow... engage braincells some more.

Really... these are simply shapes in rock, very pock marked wind or water carved rock, with shapes formed by the fall of shadow and light, not a damn mini martian family out for a picnic.

Then again we've probably been trolled on this one, since I just dont believe the OP would consider this actually thread worthy in any state of mind. Maybe I shouldnt have replied come to think of it...

Some day id love to see just how the world looks to some people like those that would believe this... must be one hell of a freakazoid mind trip I tell ya.
edit on 29-11-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Yea it has dropped extremely low. My thought-out and well-presented posts are ignored completely. All people want to do is debunk and ridicule, there is no intelligent discussion or insight anymore.. So here, this is for all you "nothing to see"s. Go nuts.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternator

Yes I assumed so, or just from the stitching together of the photos. Is the white spot repeated and obviously an artifact like those black dots?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It's like one of those ink blot pictures, you see whatever you want to really.

I see Al Bundy watching some TV on his couch.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The unadjusted version!? Dude! I bet that one has all the best stuff!!! My uncle said he got it too, and he already found a chair, two beer bottles and something about a white drop cloth... But he will find more... I know he will... See, that's the thing about ol' uncle Elroy... Even if there is nothing artificial or organic in the moon or mars photos, or space station footage, or even just a postcard grandma sent from Alberta, Canada, he will not stop looking until he finds a toothbrush, a nickel, or some goblin floating in the sky...just SOMETHING that's not supposed to be there... I remember after 9/11 he was holed up in his room for over 2 months with newspapers spread out everywhere on the walls and photos from magazines plastered on the walls, closet doors, and creeping onto the ceiling in areas. He was "finding" images in the smoke, rubble, etc... He had taken a sharpie and written bizarre messages on random pages, like "666 antichrist devil man is my master" and "killing equals love and I love my family most" and stuff like that, you know. But yeah, good ol uncle El, he wouldn't stop until he found something "mind shattering", like a snake going into the mouth of one of the royals, and he would not shut up until each and every person in the room agreed with him. He would go on for hours if necessary, sometimes getting in people's faces, especially when he drank. My very stubborn older brother got into fistfights with uncle El, quite frequently, because he refused to just play along like everyone would just to get him to shut up. He reminds me a lot of a drunken uncle Eddie, from the National Lampoon Family Vacation movies... But mixed with Robin Williams on coke. So, if you can envision that creation, except on crack, and add a dash of Doc from Back to the Future (uncle is aging) except high on crystal meth, then that would be uncle Elroy...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Heehee...

Man that's passionate. Are you sure you aren't in love with gortex?

How the F does anybody get so passionate about what other people believe?

Most everyone I know is religious. I don't agree with them 100%. Does that make me Uncle Leroy? Does that make them Uncle Leroy? Or does that make you Uncle Leroy?

Well.. let's see.. I do my thing, they don't mind.

They do their thing... I don't mind.

You... well you are so passionate about "what other people think" that you wrote a diatribe on it that had to taken you least 20 minutes. Man, that's passion.. that's dedication.. that's your Uncle #ing Leroy dude.

You are him.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join