It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Curiosity newest panaroma.. Martian Family!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I call Pareidolia!

en.wikipedia.org...

It's just rocks man.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

Martian family? How do you know its a family? Just a bunch of random martians having a meeting if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

No, i don't see any white dots in the rest of the image, i've posted some imgur links in my first comment.
Maybe it has something to do with the 2 megapixel camera that they're using...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternator

Haha.. ok .. I feel like you are trying to get me to bite on something... You are the one who said hey look at the white shiny thing not me.
edit on 29-11-2012 by JayDub113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

That's clearly a new species of rock you discovered, Good find..lol

Breaking: McDonalds discovered on Mars

Whats really happening on Mars.

edit on 29-11-2012 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Nice.

You were inspired to go look up and post funny photos. That's good.

Imagine if you had actually went and downloaded the image and had an open mind.

ATS finest.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Nope, i just found a white bright shiny dot and thought you might like it.

dudefawkes.imgur.com...
edit on 29-11-2012 by Alternator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

If you had just posted a thread on the wonderful latest panoramic image released by the Curiosity Mars Rover, then i would of been more intellectually constructive in this thread, but as seen as you made it about a none object of sand and rocks (Gods knows what your mind seeing in that zoomed in picture you posted).

And as you haven't taken the panoramic image seriously, with claims of "Martian Family!" neither did i.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Fair enough. I still recommend a download and a look. That mast cam on curiosity is something powerful.

The resolution at a distance is far superior than the panoramics taken from Spirit.

And I took the image quite seriously. What better way to get people to go have a look than a sensational headline?

edit on 29-11-2012 by JayDub113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It's not even Mars.

I've lived in Phoenix most of my life and it looks like Arizona. You guys have been looking at an old postcard some NASA janitor left behind in his locker.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I absolutely love watching all these brilliant "intellectuals" flaming the OP. Clearly only a few people decided to read beyond the headline. OP states that he doesn't truly believe his title, that he just wants people to appreciate the beauty of Mars in a way we've never seen, and yet you people choose to flame him without reading the whole post. Who's trolling who at this point? I've lost track.

Nice thread OP.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
double post
edit on 29-11-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

This looks more interesting.
Probably nothing.
Looks like a canister of some sort.
Shows how the eyes can decieve.
edit on 29-11-2012 by Locobananaz because: Image re-size

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
I absolutely love watching all these brilliant "intellectuals" flaming the OP. Clearly only a few people decided to read beyond the headline. OP states that he doesn't truly believe his title, that he just wants people to appreciate the beauty of Mars in a way we've never seen, and yet you people choose to flame him without reading the whole post. Who's trolling who at this point? I've lost track.

Nice thread OP.

Nobody is "trolling" - why do some of you have to be so serious about every damn thing? People were obviously just joking.

He's a big boy I'm sure the op can defend himself if he gets offended. Who made you the thread monitor?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Im giving you a star, just for the lovely pictures and the fact you made me chuckle on a crappy afternoon at work

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayDub113
reply to post by butcherguy

Fair enough, but I challenge anyone who says "just rocks" to go look at the original image. Download it, zoom in on it and just look around. Hey the martian family is rocks ..OK, but there ARE in fact some things that don't look at all like rocks.

Downloaded image, looked at it, saw more rocks.

It is a pretty picture.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by BigfootNZ

Yea it has dropped extremely low. My thought-out and well-presented posts are ignored completely. All people want to do is debunk and ridicule, there is no intelligent discussion or insight anymore.. So here, this is for all you "nothing to see"s. Go nuts.

Well thought out and presented?

You posed 3 pictures, with 3 small amounts of text. Have you not read many forums on this site before? That is certainly not well thought out and presented by ATS standards.

Not to mention you threw in

I came across this while browsing, and while I don't believe it is actually an alien family, its fun to look and see...

BUt then shot down anyone who said it wasn't a martian family and was just rocks, so what is it? You don't believe it but you feel the need to say stuff lke you said above.

My thought-out and well-presented posts are ignored completely

Ignored completely? Even tough you essentially agreed with what that person was saying in your original post when you said "I don't believe it is actually an alien family"

You ruined your own topic by acting this way tbh.

And I took the image quite seriously. What better way to get people to go have a look than a sensational headline?

A sensational headline that makes it something its not. That isn't taking it serious at all, its assuming with out your fabricated story we have no interested in the panorama. When in actuality I have no interest in the panorama now that I know Iw as brought into the topic under false pretense.
edit on 29-11-2012 by MCJustJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Obviously, it's a Christmas manger scene, so what? Oh, wait....

I see it too, the three wise men are standing just to the left of the rock that looks like a donkey.

Oh wait...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Imagine if you had actually went and downloaded the image and had an open mind.

ATS finest.

I downloaded the photo with an open mind and I found the family's pet Norfolk terrier, not too far from home:

See it facing left in center frame?

Also, I found the family's face sculpture of grandpa in the backyard:

Grandpa is facing right, and he has a big nose! See:

Just having fun with it. Lots can be found in these photos with the proper imagination.

edit on 29-11-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Heck, they're either having a BBQ or playing cards. Now I really do believe Aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join