It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: “Event” Has Ocurred at Giant Sinkhole-(Video)-USGS Reporting Seismic Activity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There has been an event at the Assumption Parish Sinkhole. In my opinion the reports are a bit more sensational than they should be but I am not from there and have not been following this story very much so I do not know the severity of the situation. There are several threads discussing this sinkhole but I felt this development deserved it's own thread.

Settling/shifting of material underlying sinkhole created disturbance of water in sinkhole in morning roughly coinciding with USGS report of observance of seismic activity – crude oil emulsion and woody debris from sinkhole bottom observed rising to surface, water from nearby swamp seen flowing into sinkhole.

Surface activity observed for several minutes before water calmed again.

enenews.com...

Vegetative debris and hydrocarbons came up from below the sinkhole.
A few trees in the southwest corner did fall in however most of the debris came from below the sinkhole.
Texas Brine removed all crews from the sinkhole and is checking the boom surrounding the area to make sure everything is in tact [sic].

enenews.com...

Here is the video:

I have heard many different theories on this sinkhole and many of them were very interesting, some were downright scary. There has been a lot of "doom" associated with this sinkhole and due to my lack of understanding when it comes to geology and other factors that affect this sinkhole I usually just let the experts share their opinion to help me understand what is going on.

If you want to find out more about this sinkhole simply search "sinkhole" and various thread will pop up with many different theories some are pretty out there but I have never seen anything like this sinkhole pop up so quickly, and the fact that it keeps getting bigger certainly adds some curiousity to the topic so I don't blame people for letting their imagination run wild.

Hopefully they can contain this sinkhole and confirm that it is safe for the people who live nearby to return but with the seismic activity that has been happening I'm not sure if this will be allowed any time soon.
edit on 11/28/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A few more in depth details are needed (pardon the pun)
The activity could be precursor to more, or it could be just a burp......
This has been a fascinating learning experience since the beginning, and it is not over IMHO.....
The dire results may be slow in comming, but they are extremely possible as yet....
I would loveto see the HAARP tomography of the whole area......
This would give a far better picture of the goings on down there....

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Its gonna collapse into a gateway to the inner-earth

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Vid on what happened in 1980.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

A possible breach of a butane-filled well 1500 feet from Bayou Corne's sinkhole, the size of three football fields, is so "very serious," it has Assumption Parish sheriff and local residents ordered to evacuate worried about a catastrophic explosion, one according to scientists in an Examiner investigation, would be in the range of one and a half B83 thermonuclear (hydrogen) bombs, the most powerful United States weapons in active service. 8/11/2012 -- Louisiana Sink Hole Explained -- POSSIBLE HUGE CATASTROPHE -- 100 Hiroshimas8/11/2012 -- Louisiana Sink Hole Explained -- POSSIBLE HUGE CATASTROPHE -- 100 Hiroshimas “The disaster is made all the more worrisome because the hole is believed to be close to a well containing 1.5 million barrels of liquid butane, a highly volatile liquid that turns into a highly flammable vapor upon release,” CNN reported Friday about Louisiana's declared State of Emergency.

I'd say it's pretty serious, and this is what worries me

If ignited, the butane well would release as much explosive energy as 100 Hiroshima bombs, Deborah Dupré's scientist sources told her Sunday.

Look at what 1 of those bombs did

www.examiner.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What happens if you put a match to it?
Would it ignite?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Awesome video !!! I live in a suburb of New Orleans and i had never seen that vid.. heck I barely remember that indecent. Seems Texico got away with a lot it should have been liable for that day.

The above was a drilling indecent but the Op's sinkhole well.. you build on top of a swamp you should not be surprised when nature takes it's course. We have underground caverns, aquifers and the like everywhere under our feet. People are always taping into these for one reason or another.. even something simple like drilling for a home water well. You dig 5 feet anywhere in south Louisiana and you hit water. South La is literally on top of marsh even the city of New Orleans. It's a wonder we don't see more of this on a regular basis.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If that much butane ignited from the sink hole...
It could create a large drain for the entire region, perhaps further.

Reminds me of an old Cayce prediction about the Great Lakes draining.
This could be the very catalyst that starts the entire process.
First the blast would devastate the area and lower the ground by hundreds of feet.
Thus creating an area for most waters to recede into or drain into.
Secondly the blast could create an even more volatile situation at New Madrid.
If this event took place with the power of 100 nukes underground...lookout.
The New Madrid fault could collapse or shake enough to change the landscape...
Forever.

It sounds like a hairy situation that I don't want to see come to fruition.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
blame the LHC..........smacking protons at C has consequences.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just think, all you would need is a crazy guy looking for his road to heaven and a few virgins. He could do as much damage to the USA as flying into the WTCs. Crazy situation no matter what way you look at it. Hope it dosnt blow.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

This appears to be the same event as was reported here yet following the ENE news links they have it as 11:30pm. The report I saw says 11:30 am Tuesday.

There was something going on yesterday between 1500 and 2300 see here: LA03.GS.00.BHZ.2012.332 so it is essential to find out which is correct.

If it is the evening one then that may explain the signal which we have at best come up with as venting. This may explain it as the 'burps'

Go to the thread as I have placed a sound file of one of the events there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If they throw a bunch of portland cement powder into the hole the calcium should stabalize it. Any ground up limestone should work to dampen the energy. Learned that from an old mason I knew.
It works on the shoulder of the road very well.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
We have been following the sinkhole for some time now in this thread and this had already been posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

read through the thread and you will get all information you need. Join us please, more the better.
edit on 28-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

The reason I posted this thread is because this event deserves it's own thread.

It's too easy to miss out on important information in those "super threads".

I have been following along that thread from time to time and did not see the post that mentions this as it was burried so deep within the thread that the odds would be astronomical for members who aren't following along that thread to realize this event even happend...hence this thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Massive Sinkhole Still Growing – Ohio: 4 Football Fields Long, 30′ Deep Shuts Down 8 Mile Stretch Of Road.

Another massive sinkhole has emerged, this time outside of Dover, Ohio. According to WTOV9, emergency crews have been forced to close down an 8-mile stretch along a road in Tuscarawas County because of the rapidly growing monster.

Officials said the sinkhole is 30-feet deep and as long as four football fields, and it’s still growing. It takes up about half the roadway.

______beforeitsnews/earthquakes/2012/11/massive-sinkhole-still-growing-ohio-4-football-fields-long-30-deep-shuts-down-8-mile-stretch-of-road-2446 744.html

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I love your second line of your post.

Sensationalized?. What on the media?. On ATS?

Never !

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by racer451

I thought it was Bush's fault

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't know much about this subject either. I have caught a few threads here and there over the last month or so.

I may be totally wrong here, but I thought the butane was liquified and for it to explode, it has to be "aerosol-ized " some how.

Again...totally ignorant about it, just saying. I think the butane must be vaporized with a certain percentage of oxygen to be capable of exploding.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by racer451

I thought it was Bush's fault

Oh it's definitely Bush's fault.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

A possible breach of a butane-filled well 1500 feet from Bayou Corne's sinkhole, the size of three football fields, is so "very serious," it has Assumption Parish sheriff and local residents ordered to evacuate worried about a catastrophic explosion, one according to scientists in an Examiner investigation, would be in the range of one and a half B83 thermonuclear (hydrogen) bombs, the most powerful United States weapons in active service. 8/11/2012 -- Louisiana Sink Hole Explained -- POSSIBLE HUGE CATASTROPHE -- 100 Hiroshimas8/11/2012 -- Louisiana Sink Hole Explained -- POSSIBLE HUGE CATASTROPHE -- 100 Hiroshimas “The disaster is made all the more worrisome because the hole is believed to be close to a well containing 1.5 million barrels of liquid butane, a highly volatile liquid that turns into a highly flammable vapor upon release,” CNN reported Friday about Louisiana's declared State of Emergency.

I'd say it's pretty serious, and this is what worries me

If ignited, the butane well would release as much explosive energy as 100 Hiroshima bombs, Deborah Dupré's scientist sources told her Sunday.

Look at what 1 of those bombs did

www.examiner.com...

I am sure this is a bad situation but the article linked sites Dutchsince as a contributor so it lost me there....

The 1.5 million barrels of liquid butane 1500 feet from the sinkhole has an explosive capacity of 100 Hiroshima nuclear bombs, 1.5 times the explosive force of the largest thermonuclear weapon in current service in the U.S., according to Wikipedia scientific data and popular citizen reporter, Dutchsince, and confirmed by Dupré's sources this weekend.

edit on 11/28/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join