It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: “Event” Has Ocurred at Giant Sinkhole-(Video)-USGS Reporting Seismic Activity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Found that video extremely interesting. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I hope no one decides to bury their dog in it!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The thing with that sinkhole is many believe it is connected to a salt mine containing about a million liters of liquid butane....some people are saying they are detecting radiation from the hole.

Not to mention the sinkhole keeps on expanding, about the size of 6 football fields now.

(and that area has lots of these salt mines)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A link to check out - Recent Helicorder Displays folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

Thanks for the update OP!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Were you speaking about the one in Louisiana or Ohio?

Sorry, I am just confused. I remember hearing about large amounts of gases in the LA one but have not yet heard anything about any gases present in the OH sinkhole.

If these claims are true there certainly is a potential for danger in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
To put the focus back on LA here,I have opened a new Ohio thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I was talking about the LA one.....and yes, the gases / liquids are a potential threat.

As to the Ohio one, I don't have any information about it, will post if I find any.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by racer451
blame the LHC..........smacking protons at C has consequences.

I don't know if we can blame the LHC for this but you never know. I blame it for just about everything.
I know its across the channel from my country but I do worry about it and no matter how clever the scienists are I still don't trust them.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
International Experts: Gas and/or ‘fluid’ moving below giant Louisiana sinkhole suspected of causing new tremors.

Dr. Will Pettitt, Principal Geophysicist at Itasca Consulting Group, has reviewed the seismic data recorded overnight on November 20/21. Long-period seismic tremors and micro-earthquakes have been observed, similar to those defined previously by Dr. Steve Horton of CERI/USGS, and recorded mainly on station LA08 closest to the sinkhole. The long-period seismic tremors are postulated to be caused by gas and/or fluid movements through the rock collapse zone below the sinkhole on the edge of the salt dome. Micro-earthquakes of this nature are typically associated with small-scale rock movements, and again are believed to be occurring in the collapse zone. The source of both of these event types continues to be investigated by experts.

enenews.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
To put the focus back on LA here,I have opened a new Ohio thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wondering if a thread about sinkholes occuring in general may be a good idea? Although, to many and we may get lost in shuffle.

Anyone hear of the sinkhole in Cosmopolis, Washington on the 19th.

kxro.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The Dept. of Health and Hospitals acknowledges the well water samples taken in Bayou Corne in September showed:

•Benzene
•Toulene
•Ethylbenzene
•Xylene
•Total Disolved Solids
•Chlorine
•Tentatively Identified Compounds
•Butane
•Ethane
•Ethene
•Propane

new.dhh.louisiana.gov...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
11/24/12 - LA CENTER, Wash

Man barely escapes as car falls into sinkhole

www.kgw.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Personally, I have heard little to none about sinkholes on the news. Just doing a litttle search and they are happening quite often. What the heck is going on.

Here's another.

11/26/12 - Sinkhole Nearly Swallows Truck on Waller Street in SF

haighteration.com...:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Thanks for all the updates, I did not know they were happening so often.

I hope I don't fall in one

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for all the updates, I did not know they were happening so often.

I hope I don't fall in one

I didnt know they were happening so often either.

Cant believe all that have happened in the last couple of months.

Never hear a word about it on the news.

We may want to all start wearing life jackets on land.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Those kind of sinkhole happen all the time, I have seen it happen personally.

Our infrastructure is getting old and breaking down - a pipe breaks underground - eats away at the soil and BING, you have a sinkhole.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
The Dept. of Health and Hospitals acknowledges the well water samples taken in Bayou Corne in September showed:

•Benzene
•Toulene
•Ethylbenzene
•Xylene
•Total Disolved Solids
•Chlorine
•Tentatively Identified Compounds
•Butane
•Ethane
•Ethene
•Propane

new.dhh.louisiana.gov...

That's all? I was gett'n a bit worried for a start!

Three sinkholes, eh? I think I know what's happening.... The DUMBs that the government is building are collapsing... The high-speed trains between the DUMBs are hitting dodo birds en-route and derailing... When the cars hit the sides, they scrape enough off to collapse the tunnel and make a sinkhole appear. Your tax dollars at work. Just Kidding

And if you believe that, I've got an underground/subterranean bridge to sell ya...

But seriously... I read about the sinkhole a while ago when Isaac was coming around ATS Thread... The government didn't get that butane/ethylene.... whatever flammable substance it is out by now??? What's up with that?

edit on 1/12/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I've been following ATS & News reports of sinkholes in La...
C.E., is this fracking related, or is Madrid Fault Seismic activity???

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by braunbear

I have no way of knowing for sure, my guess is that it's a variation of all the things you mentioned and perhaps some other factors as well.

As Midnight mentioned some of them are due to infrastructure. The urban sinkholes happen quite often, recently in Montreal a car got sucked into a sinkhole due to failing infrastructure.

As for the Ohio and Louisiana incidents I believe these are due to earth changes of perhaps fracking but I am no expert on the matter and my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join