It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain ready to back Palestinian statehood at UN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Guardian.co.uk

Britain is prepared to back a key vote recognising Palestinian statehood at the United Nations if Mahmoud Abbas pledges not to pursue Israel for war crimes and to resume peace talks.

On Monday night, the government signalled it would change tack and vote yes if the Palestinians modified their application, which is to be debated by the UN general assembly in New York later this week. As a "non-member state", Palestine would have the same status as the Vatican.

I wonder :

- Why the British government is so desperate to save Israeli war criminals?
- Why British government changed its initial position and now prepared to vote for Palestinian statehood?

But , Its 100% sure , Palestine will be Upgraded from Observer to Non - Member state and Israel will be prosecuted for all its war crimes against Palestinians in the International Criminal Court of Justice .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Israel would regard that anti_semitism or anti_holocaust or not !!!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

Israel would regard that anti_semitism or anti_holocaust or not !!!

I really doubt there is any thing called Britain.

NWO's sun is going to set , soon.

What do you think ?
edit on 28-11-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I don't think NWO sun will ever rise again . Their days are over and out . They may try harder but will not succeed

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by mideast

I don't think NWO sun will ever rise again . Their days are over and out . They may try harder but will not succeed

The fact is that Afghanistan is occupied still and there are 1600 US spies in US embassy in Iraq.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO , It is not over yet.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here is another News : Germany will not back Palestinian U.N. bid: government spokesman

Germany will not back a Palestinian bid for a diplomatic upgrade at the United Nations, the government spokesman said on Wednesday.

Reuters

Note : The United Nations is due to hold a vote on Thursday on an upgrade of Palestinian status at the 193-member body.
edit on 28-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I suspect US - Israel - UK - Germany all form NWO team . All those who are up against Palestine statehood are NWO member states .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hmm, so that's the UK and France so far. Russia and China is also a yes i expect so get used to Pakistan having a higher seat.Well now, itnseems btoh the USA and Isreal can be prosecuted for war crimes and nothing gets you the flavor of the month like having Pakistan acuse you of war crimes.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The telegraph is reporting that the UK will abstain from the bid if certain assurances are not met.

link

edit on 28-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

It doesn't matter whether they want to vote or Not . Palestine will surely get the required Vote .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
The telegraph is reporting that the UK will abstain from the bid if certain assurances are not met.

link

edit on 28-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

The assurance is that Palestine will agree to engage in Peace talks with Israel. That seems fair enough, to be honest.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

But Britain wants Palestine not to go to ICC in the future . Is that Fair ? Thats Blackmail

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I would say Britain is maintaining the position that Israel is retaliating to terrorist attacks, therefore they are simply to get protection for any accused of war crimes because of this. That seems fair enough in some respects.

I have a working knowledge of this side of international relations (conflict resolution) and have former colleagues still involved in that field all over the world, including the Middle East. The key to any conflict resolution is about gaining agreement that any perceived losses either side may feel are more than made up with the actual peace process kicking off. That is to say that losses are inevitable for either side if gains are to be made all round. The key is getting both sides to accept it is a "win-win" situation (a win for both / all parties involved).

Therefore, looking at the bigger picture, whilst this may appear on the surface an extremely unfair condition to impose on the Palestinians, behind the scenes it could well be acutely important in actually making any progress towards peace.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Its really surprising to see UK hell bent on Protecting Israel from prosecution . There is no need for Win - Win neutral situation . As long as Palestine's right to exist is not guaranteed , peace is never going to prevail in ME.

edit on 28-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Not really, it will allow the Peace process to start. Israel have to be engaged if any peace initiative is to have a realistic chance of success. If Israel is not assuaged then any negotiations will be totally pointless as Israel will not accept them. By including this proviso about no prosecutions at the ICC, Israel is being actively encouraged to get around the table and take negotiations seriously. This can only be a positive.

The people of Israel also deserve protection - and that is from someone who has visited various refugee camps in both the West bank and the Gaza strip in a previous career! The average Israeli is just as innocent as the average Palestinian (something that often appears to be forgotten on forums such as this).

Basically though, remember what i mentioned about conflict resolution - the aim is to secure a win-win scenario. That can't happen if Israel aren't encouraged to actively participate in negotiations. And threatening them with prosecution at the ICC is no way to encourage that co-operation!

In conflict resolution, fair is not usually the starting point - that comes into it much later down the line.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I am not talking about prosecuting innocent Israelis . We all have sympathy for innocent Israelis and yes they do deserve protection and land to live on . I am talking about prosecuting only those War criminals at the Top .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
William Hague has stated that the UK will abstain in any vote to recognize Palestinian statehood. This is not surprising to me as our government has no backbone when it comes to Israel.

Good on the French! Some nations do have some morals and a spine. I wish I lived in one of those countries.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
I really doubt there is any thing called Britain.
NWO's sun is going to set , soon.
What do you think ?
edit on 28-11-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

it depends on what people call it NWO. I think it's sun is rising and it will lead to the LWO (The Last World order ) the more world gets near the dawn the more it darkens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

No he hasn't, please see the attached link and pay particular attention to the 3rd paragraph.

UK needs assurances before backing UN Palestinian vote

This is an entirely reasonable and sensible position to take. Peace will never happen if concessions are not made. This is the same in every similar conflict situation in the world, whether it was Northern Ireland or whether it is East Timor, Kosovo, etc.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Like Australia, the Uk will abstain.

Waiting for NZ.....they will say yes or abstain

edit on 28-11-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join