It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Hot Chile Peppers and the 21st Century. A prophesy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I find it amazing when I listen to old Green Day, Sum 41, System of a Down, Blink-182, etc. how much meaning there was in the lyrics that I couldn't decipher until later. Some of it foreshadowed events in the future, some of it helped create who I am today, and some of them I wasn't aware enough as a kid to understand.

Every decade brings new challenges, and song lyrics are, in my opinion, one of the main carriers of cultural information. Just like our government controls laws, music influences culture and also serves as a cultural storage unit. In addition, a lot of lyrics have meanings that are so ridiculously accurate to certain situations that are not relevant at the time that it makes me wonder.

Ha ha I get way too technical. But what music is describing the future right now? I found some songs from Red Hot Chile Peppers' Stadium Arcadium to be rather interesting. I would keep on reading, some of the references are obvious enough to not be fake.

21's Century

All the creatures on the beaches
Making waves in a motion picture
Won't you keep this in between us?
Search and seizure wake up Venus

The dollar bill will mentally ill bill
Mom and dad take your 'Don't be a sad pill'
Turn the screw and twist my language
Don't forsake me I'm contagious

There's a reason for the 21st century
Not too sure but I know that it's meant to be
And that it's meant to be
Come on, ooh

It's my favorite combination
Coming down with the favored nations
Deep rotation, mutilation
Learn to give and take dictation

Oh, oh oh, oh oh
Like the Cain and Abel
Oh, oh oh, oh oh
Time to run this table

And that it's meant to be
Hey yeah

Read me your scripture and
Read me your scripture
Read me your scripture and I will twist it

Show me your wrist and I
Show me your wrist and
Show me your wrist and I'll kiss it kiss it

Oh, oh oh, oh oh
Like a Cain and Abel
Oh, oh oh, oh oh
It's time to run this table

Simple soldier hand it over
Stop and read what you just wrote her
Strangulation, altercation
Oral sex and bird migration

And that it's meant to be, come on

And that it's meant to be, yeah

Read more: RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS - 21ST CENTURY LYRICS

The chorus makes a lot of sense to me right now. What is the reason for the 21st Century? What is coming? There seems to be an event horizon around this year that a lot of people, including myself, cannot predict how society will evolve. But do the RHCP know?

All the creatures on the beaches
Making waves in a motion picture
Won't you keep this in between us?
Search and seizure wake up Venus

I am not sure about the rest of this, but wake up Venus could be an awakening of the feminine side of humanity, and search and seizure could relate to loss of constitutional rights. The ocean reference is probably important.

The dollar bill will mentally ill bill
Mom and dad take your 'Don't be a sad pill'
Turn the screw and twist my language
Don't forsake me I'm contagious

This could represent the fall of the dollar bill, and mom and dad being on anti-depressants and not with it, and the kids that are carrying a contagion - a cultural contagion. If their parents forsake them, and do not understand what they bring, it will be coming.

Read me your scripture and
Read me your scripture
Read me your scripture and I will twist it

This could be referencing twisting Christian scripture by both atheists and believers, but given the context of the rest of the song, I think it has to do with twisting of scripture by atheists in order to demonize believers, or possibly both, to create dictatorships on all sides.

Show me your wrist and I
Show me your wrist and
Show me your wrist and
I'll kiss it kiss it

I have no idea.

It's my favorite combination
Coming down with the favored nations
Deep rotation, mutilation
Learn to give and take dictation

This mentions favored nations, and deep rotation and mutilation (revolution) that will lead to dictatorships.

Oh, oh oh, oh oh
Like the Cain and Abel
Oh, oh oh, oh oh
Time to run this table

This definitely references Cain and Abel, one representing faith and one atheism. It probably has to do with Cain and Abel teaming up to run the "table," a reference to the "house" and how the odds are always in the house's favor.

Simple soldier hand it over
Stop and read what you just wrote her
Strangulation, altercation
Oral sex and bird migration

No idea on this one, but I think it is referencing multiple things in one stanza. The bird migration could be referring to a pole shift, and strangulation and altercation to censorship.

There are a lot of reasons that artists might be able to write disturbingly accurate lyrics. It could have something to do with creativity and being visionaries in general, or it could be because they understand culture and its shifts better than the rest of us, or maybe they discuss philosophy and history in depth as a group in order to get these ideas - but one thing is for sure - the lyrics have a lot more meaning behind them than you would think.

Especially if they don't make sense to you at the time.

But seriously, isn't this creepy?
edit on 27-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Normally I don't subscribe to these ideas.

But

I love the Chili Peppers, no one can doubt the power of their lyrics, more so if you're a fan.

S&F

SS

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
RHCP are an awesome band. S&F just for that alone

edit on 27/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Well I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, just that there is a very interesting message in the lyrics. I think all songs are meant to address one issue or another, and this one addresses an issue I think about a lot.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just one more....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I cannot stand this band! They have been playing them on kroq for years literally almost every other song is a red hot chile pepper song. The band has been around since the late 80's and for some reason Kroq feels this band is still relevant. They should be like every other band from the 80's and early 90's and go around playing their old stuff to 40 to 50 year old's. Sorry maybe if Kroq hadn't of played them out i might think differently! Saying they added anything of substance to what they write is a crazy its just a slight attempt at rhyming. I suggest you look at the lyrics in NIN, Pantera, megadeth, and see how relevant they are today also they didnt need to make up words like californication

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Isn't anyone interested in talking about the concept of atheists and believers teaming up to trick us and run dictatorships? lol

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A lot of bands use buzz words or fringe ideas in their songs. The Chili Peppers are no different. They aren't prophetic, just hip on what people are talking about.

Now, if you wanna get into deep meaningful songs, you need to pay attention to (not necessarily in this order) The Cure, Green Day, NIN, Tool (or any shoot off from any of the members) RATM, Ministry, Skinny Puppy...that's my short list.

I truly believe that art is a way to dampen the blow when the blow comes, in it's many forms.

~Rev

top topics

join